• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY071: The Worst Luck? Eureka VS Nyarth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Title: The Worst Luck? Bonnie VS Meowth!!
Airs: May 7th

Here is an image from this episode.

50JLVcN.jpg

Here is a one sentence summary of this episode.

Bonnie and Meowth have to work together!?

A small filler in order to slow down the fast-paced plot from the previous episodes.

I wonder if this is the episode that reveals Bonnie is a pyromaniac, and constantly tries to set Meowth on fire, only to fail multiple times for some comedic reason.

Only to learn that at the end, it wasn't Bonnie, leading up to the Scary House two parter where they try and rescue Bonnie from the ghosts.

Nah, that wouldn't happen at all.

I want Meowth to think of a plan to trick Bonnie and Bonnie pretends to go along with it and then BOOM, in your face Meowth, the trickster became the trickstee.

Does this mean Bonnie is going to challenge Meowth to a Pokémon battle using Dedenne?

This episode will most likely be Meowth tricking Bonnie to cooperate with him so he can reunite with J/J, and Bonnie skeptically going along with it.

Didn't we have enough of that in XY056?

Here is a new image from this episode.

img_next150507.jpg

!!!! Eureka and Nyasu are stars in their own right so I'm expecting an episode of their forced cooperation to be a real laugh!

However, unless my untrained eyes are deceiving me, they appear to be tied together by a vine and both Nyasu's claws and mouth appear to be unrestrained... Has he really deskilled THAT much?!

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The Data Broadcasts haven't been so accurate before.

You're right on some of them - most notably the XY054 data that revealed a Mienfoo instead or Malamar, and XY057 that had a Vanilluxe instead of Vanillite. But most of the recent ones thus far have been accurate to the answers on the Pokémon Quiz, so it is possible a Pangoro can still appear in this episode (and consequently in this episode's Pokémon Quiz).

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The Data Broadcasts haven't been so accurate before.

You're right on some of them - most notably the XY054 data that revealed a Mienfoo instead or Malamar, and XY057 that had a Vanilluxe instead of Vanillite. But most of the recent ones thus far have been accurate to the answers on the Pokémon Quiz, so it is possible a Pangoro can still appear in this episode (and consequently in this episode's Pokémon Quiz).

Sure, it's possible, but it's not 100% confirmed. And since some have been false in the past, it makes it hard to believe that any of the data broadcast data will always be correct.

I can't wait for this episode! Does anyone get reminded of Bound For Trouble here? I remember that episode...
I'm guessing that Meowth will try to be loyal but eventually evil will get the better of him, and he'll be trying to trick Bonnie! I love Team Rocket-focused episodes (even if they are fillers).

Also, did anyone realize how much focus Team Rocket have been receiving lately? We had Facing The Grand Design, then A Fork In The Road! A Parting Of Ways, and now this? I'm lovin' it!

Also, did anyone realize how much focus Team Rocket have been receiving lately? We had Facing The Grand Design, then A Fork In The Road! A Parting Of Ways, and now this? I'm lovin' it!
3 TRio episodes in less than 20 is I think all but unheard of (depending on what you consider a TRio episode then there were maybe similar points in Kanto and mid-late DP) but anyway better late than never! I like to imagine I'll look back on this time as the writers' grovelling apology for BW Rockets :p

I hope this episode manages to throw some sweetness into the predictable cynicism...

It looks like I was wrong about Bonnie battling Meowth with Dedenne, but what if Bonnie ends up having to battle with Mewoth instead, with Meowth trying and failing to escape from her for treating him as her own Pokemon? That would be hilarious!

Here is a new summary.

During a battle against Team Rocket, Ash and his friends suddenly get attacked by a Pangoro. The resulting chaos causes Ash's travelmate Bonnie to get separated from the others, but she notices the Meowth from Team Rocket is nearby. And not only that, the two of them have been tied together with a vine, forcing them to work together no matter how little they want to.

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto
Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani
Dedenne: Megumi Satō
Wobbuffet: Yūji Ueda
Clemont: Yūki Kaji
Bonnie: Mariya Ise
Serena: Mayuki Makiguchi
Jessie: Megumi Hayashibara
James: Shin'ichirō Miki
Meowth: Inuko Inuyama
Bunnelby: Chinatsu Akasaki
Chespin: Hitomi Nabatame
Luxray: Kensuke Satō
Pancham: Noriko Shitaya
Inkay: Kenta Miyake
Pangoro: Tsuguo Mogami

Here are some new summaries of the episode.

Bonnie and Meowth: Is this the birth of an ultimate duo!? The two of them get their bodies entangled in ivy and are forced to work together! Despite constantly fighting, the two of them make steady progress as trouble of various kinds keep showing up...

During a battle against Team Rocket, Ash and his friends suddenly get attacked by a Pangoro. The resulting chaos causes everyone to get separated from each other, Bonnie ending up together with none other than Meowth. And not only that, the two of them have been tied together with a vine, forcing them to work together no matter how little they want to. Various kinds of trouble waits ahead... Will Bonnie and Meowth eventually manage to reunite with their respective travel-mates?

*imagines Bonnie and Meowth getting into a literal catfight*

... Yeah, that would never happen, but I can dream.

Bonnie and Meowth: Is this the birth of an ultimate duo!? The two of them get their bodies entangled in ivy and are forced to work together!
This sounds like the summary of a so bad it's funny shipping fic :p I really hope this can now live up to the level of hype which I have now assigned it!

Also is the cast list really in that order? Why on earth are Dedenne and Sonansu ahead of their respective protagonist/antagonist groups?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom