• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY072: The Scary House's Hospitality!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New image from the official site:

img_next150514.jpg

It shows Bonnie and Clemont with one of his inventions. Looks like some sort of detector.

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto
Clemont: Yūki Kaji
Bonnie: Mariya Ise
Serena: Mayuki Makiguchi
Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani
Dedenne: Megumi Satō
Chespin: Hitomi Nabatame
Jessie: Megumi Hayashibara
James: Shin'ichirō Miki
Meowth: Inuko Inuyama
Wobbuffet: Yuji Ueda
Cole: Tetsuo Kaneo

Here are some new summaries of the episode.

After getting lost in a forest, Ash and his friends end up at the "Scary House", which is said to be filled with ghosts. An old man named Cole suddenly appears before the bewildered group, saying he lives in the house and asking them if they don't want to come in. Since it's also started to rain, the group accepts his offer. However, strange phenomena start occurring one after another, and then part of the group disappears... just what is the truth behind the Scary House?

After getting lost, Ash and the others end up at the "Scary House"!? Strange events occur one after another and they all panic! But what is the actual truth behind the Scary House?

After getting lost in a forest, Ash and his friends end up at the "Scary House", which is said to be filled with ghosts. An old man named Cole suddenly appears before the bewildered group, saying he lives in the house and offering them to take shelter from the rain there. However, strange things start happening one after another and it seems like a certain group of Pokémon are involved... Clemont gets to work in order to discover the truth!

This may be the anime's adaption of the haunted house near the end of Kalos Route 14.

I wonder if we will see the horde of faceless men here.

I really hope so. I've always personally thought that the guy's story was about a Horde Battle with a group of Yamask (they're "faceless" and half of them used to be men. Faceless men.)

Preview
- Serena does a scary face while Ash and co. are in the woods at night.
- A shadow creeps up behind Ash and co. when they are in the Scary House.
- Clemont falls to the ground in a hallway, inside the house.
- Some purple ghostly faces are floating behind Serena.

[video=youtube;-kUp7g7bOGI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kUp7g7bOGI[/video]

Again, the preview doesn't show BGM in this kind of episode. I also find it funny to see Clemmont narrates it with fear.

Lol at Serena's face at the beginning.

Gengar... why is it always Gengar in haunted episodes? Well, except in the Litwick/Lampent one, but since Gengar didn't exist in Unova, that doesn't count. Serena's face in the beginning made me laugh. And damn, that's a lot of sutras on that door. Guess one wasn't enough. Now this episode has me more intrigued. Too bad it'll have Gengar again.

Is that a lighter I see?

lighter.png

If so then this would be the first time we've seen one of them since the original series.

I guess that someone doesn't really agree on putting a native Kalos Ghost type Pokemon. It's not the first time we had this coming at the previous generation.

The whole plot speculation are really obvious. The group comes in at an abandoned house by an old man suggestion. After that, paranormal things started to flown over to scare those guys off. All of them were goes nowhere and then, in some scenes the group will learn some secrets behind the spook. Finally, they solved the mystery and a happy ending comes to take in.

This story reminds me of Detective Conan with all of those things at hand. And some dark story may involve in this one.

Hope that the dub won't brood over and ban the episode. It really getting my interest on it.

Last edited:
Gengar... why is it always Gengar in haunted episodes? Well, except in the Litwick/Lampent one, but since Gengar didn't exist in Unova, that doesn't count. Serena's face in the beginning made me laugh. And damn, that's a lot of sutras on that door. Guess one wasn't enough. Now this episode has me more intrigued. Too bad it'll have Gengar again.

I believe there was a Sinnoh episode where Mismagius was haunting the team, and a Hoenn one where it was a Shuppet that Max befriended. There was also one earlier in the series where it turned out to be Espurr.

In other news, I'm disappointed because I thought this would be the episode where Jesse's Pumpkaboo evolved :( maybe at the Lost Hotel??

EDIT: you get the Gengarite close to the Spooky House in X/Y (Laverre City), so maybe we'll see Mega Gengar? :O

Get TV Preview
- Ash and co. are walking through a playground and then they suddenly stop.
- Pikachu and Dedenne are eating some Pokemon Food inside the scary house.
- A piano inside the house starts playing by itself.
- Ash and Serena get scared by something, while Bonnie looks happy.

[video=youtube;bj67In6iMoM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj67In6iMoM[/video]

I like that the playground from the games seems to be present here.

Seriously Bonnie, what's with your attitude over a scary situation? You just keep joyful over someone's fear.

Ditto that, @Ampharos King;. I'm getting pretty sick of the Gastly line to begin with, and Gengar is my least favorite Ghost Mon, after all the glorifying its gotten over the years. Will they at least try to introduce the Honedge line sometime this century? There are plenty of other Ghost Mons out there that need some attention, so I wish they'd stop throwing the Gastly line in our faces all the time.

While wishful thinking, it would be nice if Ash caught a Honedge and used it in his battle against Valerie (Steel VS Fairy, plus it would be his first official Ghost AND Steel type). But, again, that's wishful thinking, but this would be a good time to at least introduce the the Honedge line to the anime.
Unfortunately for you, not only Gengar is Ken Sugimori's favorite mon, it is also one of the all time favorites in Japan.

Satoshi and friends are walking in the woods at night, Serena tells them a scary story then they arrive at the home, first they go to the playground then the calm relaxed old stranger asks them to come in next Citron is sitting on a table he sees something, while Pikachu and Dedenne are eating Pokemon food, then they go into a room the piano starts playing by itself then the lights go off a disturbance near the window occurs then prompting the gang to go to the window, then as they are looking a Gengar shadow passes beneath Satoshi both Satoshi and Serena make a sound. Then as Citron falls from the ceiling due to Gengar's prank the old stranger is reminded of a flashback when he has a lighter to investigate the house and he comes across a terrified man mentioning something about the house. Then the Gengar haunts ash while Citron is using his device to find any ghosts while Satoshi just closes his eyes and says a ridiculous thing. Then the group splits up after that Citron finds a very disturbing thing while Serena is majorly spooked by to more scary Gengar shadows behind her eventually the Satoshi and the gang reunite and solve the problem- Mada Mada Tzuku(English Translation: To be Continued)

So how was my theory for the episode

If you observe this my synopsis is partially accurate

Preview 1 shown on May 7 2015
[video=youtube;-kUp7g7bOGI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kUp7g7bOGI[/video]
Preview 2 shown on May 9 2015
[video=youtube;bj67In6iMoM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj67In6iMoM[/video]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom