• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY072: The Scary House's Hospitality!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Title: Hospitality of the Scary House!
Airs: May 14th

Here is an image of this episode.

50JLVcN.jpg

Here is a one sentence summary of this episode.

The group explores a house full of ghosts!!

We all know what is going to happen in this episode.

This may be the anime's adaption of the haunted house near the end of Kalos Route 14.

I wonder if we will see the horde of faceless men here.

Dat Serena's face. I even giggled when I saw her like that in the photos.

Looking forward to Serena blurting out creepy scenarios that freak out Citron and Satoshi :D

Here's what I hope:

-Jessie's Pumpkaboo shows up and evolves
-We see Honedge
-We don't see Phantump (you'll see why in my what I want)

What I want:

-Jessie's Pumpkaboo mysteriously evolves in the beginning of the episode, and Ash and co struggle to combat it, forcing Ash and co to flee into the scary house, where they meet a friendly Phantump. Ash bonds with Phantump and ends up catching it fairly early. Team Rocket show up with Gourgeist and again Ash and co struggle, until Ash decides to use Phantump. Phantump being faster than Gourgeist manages to get the upper hand, and Team Rocket blasts off. Ash has found his new Pokemon and everyone goes on their merry way. Phantump should only appear if its caught otherwise use Honedge.
-We don't see Honedge.

But to be fair- Ash could catch Honedge and I'd be fine with it. Just would prefer Phantump.

I hope at least one member of the Aegislash line makes its debut here. Please, no members of the Gengar, Chandelure, Banette, or Dusknoir lines.

Here's what I hope:

-We see Honedge

What I want:

-Jessie's Pumpkaboo mysteriously evolves in the beginning of the episode, and Ash and co struggle to combat it, forcing Ash and co to flee into the scary house, where they meet a friendly Phantump. Ash bonds with Phantump and ends up catching it fairly early. Team Rocket show up with Gourgeist and again Ash and co struggle, until Ash decides to use Phantump. Phantump being faster than Gourgeist manages to get the upper hand, and Team Rocket blasts off. Ash has found his new Pokemon and everyone goes on their merry way. Phantump should only appear if its caught otherwise use Honedge.
-We don't see Honedge.

But to be fair- Ash could catch Honedge and I'd be fine with it. Just would prefer Phantump.

I think that if the episode were to show such important events it would have a more exciting title.

And the "hospitality" part suggests a COtD.

Well, don't forget, the Japanese titles can be misleading. Even a seemingly filler episode that has a bland title can end up with some sort of important situation. And sometimes it's the reverse. But I agree with those who think that other Ghost-types like Honedge, Phantump, and such should appear, and not the Gastly, Litwick, Duskull, and/or Shuppet lines for the umpteenth time. As for the "hospitality" part, that could mean not just a COtD, but maybe, if there are some Ghost Mons in that house, they befriend Ash and the gang and give them temporary shelter from whatever, such as bad weather. After playing pranks, of course, as that's a staple for Ghost Mons.

Gotta admit, though, Serena's face cracks me up. Prepare for more creepy theories from her to spook the living daylights out of Ash and Clemont, while Bonnie remains unfazed.

I shouldn't draw conclusions based on the scarce amount of information and I'm sure it'll be different, but another haunted mansion episode this saga? At least this one will feature actual Ghost-type Pokémon instead of just some eerie Pokémon, and yeah I can see it being based off on the house near Laverre City in the games.

I also wouldn't be surprised if this is where Jessie's Gourgeist evolves. Seems like the perfect moment for it (just see if they ignore its trade-based evolution), and titles don't always have to be 'spectacular' to include an important event in the episode. Pumpkaboo's capture episode's title mentioned nothing about it being captured, so. Kalos Ghost-type Pokémon left to introduce in the main anime are Phantump, Gourgeist, and the Honedge line so I hope to see some of them here.

Here's what I hope:

-We see Honedge

What I want:

-We don't see Honedge.

I think that if the episode were to show such important events it would have a more exciting title.

And the "hospitality" part suggests a COtD.

Team Rocket have never been important (Title wise) in regards to captures evolutions (except for a few plot episode examples). The exception is releases where they are plot episodes. Jessie's Pumpkaboo is NOT going to get an entire episode devoted to itself, which is why it won't ever be in the title it will evolve in. Unless Pumpkaboo gets released and the episode revolves around that. So I don't expect any title to reveal Pumpkaboo's evolution, because it won't be the plot of the episode, it'll be a minor event like Jessie catching Pumpkaboo, or Jessie catching Inkay.

Maybe Ash catches Phantump here? or Jessie's Pumpkaboo evolves which seems more likely.

Damn it. Why does it have to be a Gengar of all things? There are plenty of other Ghost-type Pokémon that could have been featured here. The Aegislash line still has yet to debut in the anime.

Ditto that, @Ampharos King;. I'm getting pretty sick of the Gastly line to begin with, and Gengar is my least favorite Ghost Mon, after all the glorifying its gotten over the years. Will they at least try to introduce the Honedge line sometime this century? There are plenty of other Ghost Mons out there that need some attention, so I wish they'd stop throwing the Gastly line in our faces all the time.

While wishful thinking, it would be nice if Ash caught a Honedge and used it in his battle against Valerie (Steel VS Fairy, plus it would be his first official Ghost AND Steel type). But, again, that's wishful thinking, but this would be a good time to at least introduce the the Honedge line to the anime.

While wishful thinking, it would be nice if Ash caught a Honedge and used it in his battle against Valerie (Steel VS Fairy, plus it would be his first official Ghost AND Steel type). But, again, that's wishful thinking, but this would be a good time to at least introduce the the Honedge line to the anime.

While I really hope that your statement becomes official, the chances are that Ash will go all 'we can do it if we really try!' and send out Hawlucha in that battle. Still, I would like to see that happening, and maybe even Pumpkaboo evolving!

To be honest I really want ash to catch a ghost Pokemon, also you never know, that Gengar could be Ash's Haunter from where he battled Sabrina, making bonds so he can mega. Even tho it might be impossible.

Here's a new image and summary for the episode.

U9YrZOx.png

Ash and his friends have gotten lost. They get relieved when they find a house... or, they would have been, but this turns out to be the "Scary House" said to be found in this area!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom