• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY073: Battle at the Fashion Show! Tatsubay VS Shushupu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: XY073: Bagon

It's nice that we're getting more episodes staring on Hoenn Pokemon, but I don't think Bagon deserved it as Salamence just got one.

It's nice that we're getting more episodes staring on Hoenn Pokemon, but I don't think Bagon deserved it as Salamence just got one.
All we know is that it will appear. Broadcast data doesn't necessarily represent "stars", as evidenced by XY050's Smoochum, XY054's Mienfoo (and Korrina's from XY044), XY059's Dunsparce, XY060's Klefki, XY062's Magnemite and the list goes on.

Will someone catch it to get a Mega-Salamence later :confused:

Title: We Will Have a Battle at the Fashion Show! Tatsubay VS Shushupu!!
Airs: May 21st

Here is an image and summary of the episode.

5Xim0lH.png

The group has arrived in Laverre City! However, the Gym Leader of the Laverre Gym, Valerie, is going to participate in a fashion show and won't be able to battle Ash.

Looks like Shota will be the first to battle Valerie, and he will use a Bagon and Treecko in the battle.

All the more reason to believe Shota is from Hoenn.

I started to doubt Shota will be a league rival. As I doubt he is getting his badges... Ash battled Clemont right after Shota lost, and he is not shown to rechallenge the gym. If he challenged Clembot right after Clemont left the gym, he should be lagging behind them instead of reaching the Fairy Gym first. Except the writers forget about the timeline problem that is.

He is battling Valerie with a Bagon! I bet the scenario will be similar to the battle with Clemont, where he got stomped yet again.

His face seemed like being entertained by the battle with Valerie rather than getting a badge, just like how he looked after losing to Clemont. Or he can be impressed by Ash because he defeated Clemont.

And yeah, I too believe he is from Hoenn.

I started to doubt Shota will be a league rival. As I doubt he is getting his badges... Ash battled Clemont right after Shota lost, and he is not shown to rechallenge the gym. If he challenged Clembot right after Clemont left the gym, he should be lagging behind them instead of reaching the Fairy Gym first. Except the writers forget about the timeline problem that is.

He is battling Valerie with a Bagon! I bet the scenario will be similar to the battle with Clemont, where he got stomped yet again.

His face seemed like being entertained by the battle with Valerie rather than getting a badge, just like how he looked after losing to Clemont. Or he can be impressed by Ash because he defeated Clemont.

He could have rechallenged the Gym off-screen in XY065 (the Tierno episode). Even then, he could have opted to challenge other Gym's first and later return to the Lumiose Gym, although this is a less likely scenario to me.

He could have rechallenged the Gym off-screen in XY065 (the Tierno episode). Even then, he could have opted to challenge other Gym's first and later return to the Lumiose Gym, although this is a less likely scenario to me.

But I really doubt he beat Clemont before Ash did. It will make the reveal super pointless, as it was to show Clemont's progress as a Gym Leader way more than introducing the new character. If Shota indeed have the badge, he must have got it from Clembot. If he really beat Clemont off screen, I call that horrible writing.

Last edited:
Re: XY073: Battle at the Fashion Show! Tatsubay VS Shushupu!!

Always a treat to see someone besides Ash battle a GL! :-D

The confirmation that Valerie is in multiple episodes makes it all the sweeter. (Sure, it was a given, but still nice to know for sure)

I bet Valerie has an Audino based on her outfit reveal.

Here is a new summary of the episode.

The group has arrived in Laverre City! However, apparently the Gym Leader of the Laverre Gym, Valerie, is going to participate in a fashion show and won't be able to battle Ash! Ash gets disheartened upon hearing this, but then he happens upon a Trainer named Shota and has a battle against him instead.

How does her outfit resemble an Audino?
Her dress colour. Sounds familiar?

On second thought, I think Audino is out of the list due to its typing is Normal type. It can be a Fairy type once it mega evolves but that's not highly possible.

On second thought, I think Audino is out of the list due to its typing is Normal type. It can be a Fairy type once it mega evolves but that's not highly possible.

Her dress is made up of purple, black, pink, and cream. Only two of those colors are shared with Audino...Between the few shared colors and her outfit's outlandish design, I think it's a stretch to say it resembles an Audino.

And this title is misleading.

Is Shota battling Valerie, or not? The summary says he battles Ash...but what about "Bagon vs Spritzee?"

From what it sounds, yes it may seems misleading. However, I was looking as like this:

The Bagon that'll challenge against Valerie's Spritzee may not belong to Shota. We don't even highly confirmed it before the episode begins to air. And instead, Bagon will serve another trainer. Besides, Shota doesn't know anything 'bout fashion show so how can he possibly be battling against Valerie? That's why he is likely to have a Bagon.

Her dress is made up of purple, black, pink, and cream. Only two of those colors are shared with Audino...Between the few shared colors and her outfit's outlandish design, I think it's a stretch to say it resembles an Audino.

Say that to the official Bulbapedia page, which also states how the outfit resembles an Audino. It clearly does, even with its swirly patterns which can be found here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom