• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY075: Three-Match Rival Battle! Towards the Future!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now speculation time: With Steven Stone being part of Shota's flashback, I still think Shota is from the Hoenn region, and specifically from Rustboro City. Shota's outfit is almost identical to Roxanne's, and we know that she is a student at the Rustboro Trainer's School. For that reason, I think Shota is also a student there. It would also make sense for Shota to know Steven, since Steven's father is the President of Devon Corporation - whose headquarters are located in Rustboro - and Steven goes there frequently.

Roxanne is a teacher at the school, in the anime.

Preview
- Scottie trips and falls on a bridge in Laverre City.
- A Slurpuff takes Scottie's notebook from Team Rocket.
- Scottie's Treecko evolves.
- Ash's Frogadier fights Scottie's newly evolved Grovyle.

[video=youtube;jB-wUckVOrU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB-wUckVOrU[/video]

LOL at Jessie being a Steven fangirl! :lol:

"His was the best blast off anyone ever gave me!"

And now I have to wonder if Shota will eventually get Mega-Sceptile...

I really hope also that Ash recalls meeting him before.

I kinda doubt it.
It was Max and Pikachu who spent time with Steven while Ash barely had any screentime or interaction with him. It wasn't like the other times Ash met with Champions for a number of scenes and had meaningful interactions. By comparison, his encounter with Steven was by chance, very short, and downright inconsequential.

If Ash DOES remember his run-in with Steven in AG, fine. But he better not act like it was some big team-up or inspired him like with the other Champs.

Oh God there's no accounting for taste is there?! Why are both Shouta and Musashi in love with the most boooaaaring champion?! :rolleyes: Looks like a fun/ny episode!

Looks Good and... RANDOM... Slurpuff? ... :confused:

Though it seems way too early, I can't help but wondering if that Slurpuff has any connection to Miette, who will be appearing four episodes later in XY079.

Though it seems way too early, I can't help but wondering if that Slurpuff has any connection to Miette, who will be appearing four episodes later in XY079.

Why would characters pokemon who'll be appearing four episodes later be wandering around here when the trainer herself is not here? IMO it's just a random slurpuff.

npMjNuB.png

This image is slightly disturbing. What IS Shota doing?

If we were to look at the preview vid for XY075, and this pic, it's probably him eating, but then realizing that his book of notes is missing.

Why would characters pokemon who'll be appearing four episodes later be wandering around here when the trainer herself is not here? IMO it's just a random slurpuff.

There exists the possibility that she just wasn't in that particular scene. Although I do have to concede that the timing of a random Slurpuff appearing in a preview and the news of Miette's return could have just been a coincidental ploy meant to mislead impressionable individuals such as myself.

As an afterthought, the fact that Miette's not listed as a character to be voiced in the episode also shoots down my theory.

Last edited:
As far as the battle go, ash should win bcuz of his superior skills and it looks that way judging from the preview.

Here are some new images and summaries from the episode.

bSubihF.jpg

A Rival Battle! Ash VS Scottie!!
Scottie: I will come at you with all I've got!
Ash: Bring it on!

Scottie challenges Ash to a battle where they'll both give it all they have!!
Scottie's target is Ash, who never gives up no matter how hard things may seem and who fights on believing in his Pokémon. Scottie not gets to have a fair and square fight with the Trainer he wants to be like!

Treecko, who has always traveled together with Scottie, fights a valiant battle against Ash's Pokémon. But is Ash just too strong an opponent for Scottie at this point...? Will Scottie's experience hold up against Ash?

Scottie admires Ash's strength and wants to get closer to his level. He now gets to put his experience he has gained so far to the test.

Last edited:
So Bagon also knows Dragon Claw. Not surprising.

Hopefully we know the identity of Scottie's third Pokémon soon (assuming this is a 3-on-3 battle).

Ahh good old Ash vs Paul battles vibe.

Except in this case, Ash's rival is the underdog.

So Bagon also knows Dragon Claw. Not surprising.

Hopefully we know the identity of Scottie's third Pokémon soon (assuming this is a 3-on-3 battle).

Ahh good old Ash vs Paul battles vibe.

Except in this case, Ash's rival is the underdog.

I think ash is gonna clean sweep shota. As the summary implies ash is too strong for shota and it wouldn't make much sense for him to beat any of ash's pokemon.

First off, Shota>Scottie.

Secondly, I hope Shota gets a win. Poor guy has just been thrashed left and right! At least, at least, let Groyvle defeat Frogadier or execute a double knockout. With all of the notes Shota takes, you'd think he would develop some level of strength and calculation by now.

Get TV Preview
- Ash and Scottie have a talk with eachother.
- Scottie's Slurpuff fights Ash's Hawlucha
- Frogadier fights Treecko and then Treecko starts to evolve.

[video=youtube;ORglxTvcXX8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORglxTvcXX8[/video]

Last edited:
So the Slurpuff is owned by a trainer, and by Scottie no less. I'm not sure how I feel about Scottie having a non-Hoenn Pokémon on his team, or that the Slurpuff species is shared by two rivals. But whatever.

By default that means Pikachu must be fighting Bagon.

My prediction on the fight (assuming it is 3 1-on-1 battles):
- Hawlucha vs. Slurpuff: Slurpuff wins
- Pikachu vs. Bagon: Pikachu wins
- Frogadier vs. Treecko/Grovyle: Draw

OF COURSE Fletchinder gets ingored again and this time for Hawlucha, give me a break Hawlucha starred in the gym just last episode, Flethcinder should have been in this battle since it didn't get to star.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom