• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY075: Three-Match Rival Battle! Towards the Future!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Slurpuff is owned by a trainer, and by Scottie no less. I'm not sure how I feel about Scottie having a non-Hoenn Pokémon on his team,
I doubt it makes any sense for Scottie to only have Hoenn Pokemon, when he's in the Kalos region.

or that the Slurpuff species is shared by two rivals. But whatever.

It's not like Miette has anything to do with Ash, so I don't see the problem.

I doubt it makes any sense for Scottie to only have Hoenn Pokemon, when he's in the Kalos region..

The fact that Scottie said Treecko was his first Pokémon in XY073 indicated that he was from Hoenn, since Treecko are only given out as starters there. Since he seems to be from Hoenn and his first two Pokémon are Gen III Pokémon, I assumed all of his Pokémon were from Hoenn.

And up until Scottie's team was revealed to be otherwise, that was what I liked about it - that he seemed to be using only Pokémon from a certain region. But the writers have other plans in mind. I guess if Ash can go from region to region and catch the indigenous Pokémon, Scottie can too.

It's not like Miette has anything to do with Ash, so I don't see the problem.

It's the laziness on the writers' part. If the writers had to give Scottie a Gen VI Pokémon, there are still plenty of options available that are not taken: Pyroar, Barbaracle, Dragalge, Clawitzer, Trevenant, etc.

And I know it has happened before in the past, with Barry and Nando sharing the Roserade species in DP, but I'm still not a fan.

Okay so the Slurpuff is Scottie's. Alright then. Why not give him a Litleo instead cause seriously why hasn't Litleo appeared yet? I'm hoping though that Scottie at least gets to get a win cause I feel bad for this kid. He's trying very hard, but he keeps getting his ass handed to him. He just wants to be like Ash. He's the underdog I'm rooting for, OVER ASH.

I hope it's a draw or Ash wins, I don't want Ash to lose to a rookie like he did on BW001.

I hope it's a draw or Ash wins, I don't want Ash to lose to a rookie like he did on BW001.

Actually I think that guy had participated in the league before. I don't think he was a rookie.

As for the episode, I am looking forward to frogadier and Grovyle matchup.

So the Slurpuff is owned by a trainer, and by Scottie no less. I'm not sure how I feel about Scottie having a non-Hoenn Pokémon on his team, or that the Slurpuff species is shared by two rivals. But whatever.

And we know Shauna has a Swirlix too

Actually I think that guy had participated in the league before. I don't think he was a rookie.

But he (I think his name was Shootie?) received his first mon (Snivy) in that episode, how come he participated in the league before?...

But he (I think his name was Shootie?) received his first mon (Snivy) in that episode, how come he participated in the league before?...

Trip was a complete rookie and he was inexplicably strong. He never participated in a league before. Scottie though is a rookie done right, though because of this and all the battles he's losing, I actually wanna see him get a win lol.

Trip was a complete rookie and he was inexplicably strong. He never participated in a league before. Scottie though is a rookie done right, though because of this and all the battles he's losing, I actually wanna see him get a win lol.

I guess I was thinking of Paul.

It seems Scottie's Slurpuff knows Copycat. It can't learn the move Electro Ball in the games, and it's the only move I can think of where Slurpuff acquires another move.

A draw really doesn't sound right.

Considering how much more experience Ash has, and quite frankly a better battler then Shota.

Does anyone think we will get some Hoenn battle music in this episode?

And I'm fine with Shota having a Slurpuff. I quite enjoy the species and every trainer doesn't have to have an exactly different roster from the next. Pokemon are limited people. Besides, no one was complaining when Ash, May and Gary shared the Squirtle line or Dawn, Kenny and Barry the Piplup line and so on and so on.

However, with this information revealed, I'm now slightly unimpressed with Shota. For all the notes he takes, beginner or not, how does he not now the type matchups of one of his Pokemon?

It seems Scottie's Slurpuff knows Copycat. It can't learn the move Electro Ball in the games, and it's the only move I can think of where Slurpuff acquires another move.

I don't see how when Slurpuff is seen battling Hawlucha, and copycat doesn't work like that.

Even if it did work like that, I still don't see how when Slurpuff is seen battling Hawlucha.

I thought this was a best of three, not a regular 3 on 3?

However, with this information revealed, I'm now slightly unimpressed with Shota. For all the notes he takes, beginner or not, how does he not now the type matchups of one of his Pokemon?

Maybe because unlike some trainers, he doesn't train by having his Pokemon battling each other, as a possibility.

I mean even if he did have Slurpuff, there's no way he's going to know its immune to dragon types UNLESS a dragon type move was used against Slurpuff. Or in another fairy or dragon match up, like with Bagon and Spritzee.

He's not someone who knows everything.

You don't usually catch a Pokemon instantly knowing what its weak against or super effective against, unless you have past experience.

I don't see how when Slurpuff is seen battling Hawlucha, and copycat doesn't work like that.

Slurpuff can't learn Mimic, Metronome, or Assist. Unless this is a blatant move error, Slurpuff should only acquire Electro Ball via Copycat.

I'm pretty sure Scottie will catch the Slurpuff to get his notebook back.

Even if it did work like that, I still don't see how when Slurpuff is seen battling Hawlucha.

I thought this was a best of three, not a regular 3 on 3?

Maybe because unlike some trainers, he doesn't train by having his Pokemon battling each other, as a possibility.

I mean even if he did have Slurpuff, there's no way he's going to know its immune to dragon types UNLESS a dragon type move was used against Slurpuff.
Or in another fairy or dragon match up, like with Bagon and Spritzee.

He's not someone who knows everything.

You don't usually catch a Pokemon instantly knowing what its weak against or super effective against, unless you have past experience.

You're assuming that that is the only way that Trainers learn type matchups...which isn't true at all.

However, you make a fair point in that Shota probably didn't take the effort to learn about Fairy types. So I give you that.

You're assuming that that is the only way that Trainers learn type matchups...which isn't true at all.
I'm assuming that's the only natural way to learn about Pokemon match ups, if YOU aren't battling other trainers.

Judging by some idiot trainers we have seen in the anime, they certainly don't ask others about match ups or look them up on the internet. They just go by what happens when they battle/train.

Edit: Well maybe idiot is the wrong thing to say, since I'm sure there is some appeal in going into a battle for the first time without any knowledge and learning through experience, rather than other people's experience.

I'm assuming that's the only natural way to learn about Pokemon match ups, if YOU aren't battling other trainers.

But how can you tell if a move is super-effective, effective or ineffective?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom