• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY075: Three-Match Rival Battle! Towards the Future!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point I wouldn't even care if Ash loses, although I almost expect the match to end with no result. :p

You're assuming that that is the only way that Trainers learn type matchups...which isn't true at all.
I'm assuming that's the only natural way to learn about Pokemon match ups, if YOU aren't battling other trainers.

But how can you tell if a move is super-effective, effective or ineffective?

I see your point but only in regards to super effective and effective moves.

I'm pretty sure you would be able to discern what's ineffective or not.

However I would point out, that some scientist had to have observed the relations between the Pokemon and their moves in regards to other Pokemon.

I mean I'm pretty sure it would outright impossible to classify a Pokemon as a water type, and then just say that it's weak against grass and electric, resistant to fire and steel (for example), you'd have to see the relationship with those typing to argue that's weak or resistant.

Nowadays of course it's as easy looking in a textbook, but of course in the beginning, I'm sure it was trial and error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom