• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY075: Three-Match Rival Battle! Towards the Future!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: XY075: Treecko

Interesting. Is this the episode where Shota will start to follow Ash around? Or will he challenge Valerie to a gym battle?

It would be interesting to see Shota in the league, especially since Ash has only one other rival, one confirmed to be on the badge quest at that, that he could end up facing.

Title: A Best-of-Three Rival Battle! Aim Towards Tomorrow!!
Airs: June 4th

Here is an image from the episode.

img_next150604.jpg

The title of the episode confirms that Shota will be the main rival for the rest of XY. Not only because of the "Rival Battle" part, but rather the "Towards the future" part.

Ash's roster will probably lack one of the two Pokemon he used against Valerie (unless he uses Fletchinder and Pikachu, then Fletchinder will not participate). Also, Shota's third Pokemon hopefully be in his second stage of fully evolved, otherwise it won't have much time to develop.

It would be interesting to see Shota in the league, especially since Ash has only one other rival, one confirmed to be on the badge quest at that, that he could end up facing.

Who are you counting as rivals? Because I'd say there's probably about 3 if we count Sanpei... The others being Shota and Tierno.

My Opinion On Rivals:

ASH: Sanpei, Shota, Tierno
SERENA: Shauna, Aria...?
CLEMONT: Trevor...?

Who are you counting as rivals? Because I'd say there's probably about 3 if we count Sanpei... The others being Shota and Tierno.

My Opinion On Rivals:

I was referring to rivals Ash could face in the league, and we don't have any confirmation that Sanpei is on the badge quest. But that's not to say that this rules him out, we just don't know yet.

That pictures just makes me think that Shota and his Treecko will just be beautiful cinnamon rolls that are too good for this world. I am excited to see Ash get a new rival. It seems so far we'll have him going up against Tierno and Shota.

Since it would be unlikely that Noibat would exist (if caught by Ash) at this time, I would assume it would be between Pikachu, Frogadier, Fletchinder, and Hawlucha.

Preferably I would like everyone but Pikachu especially if Pikachu is used against Valerie, if not used against Valerie, and because Fletchinder was used, then I'll be fine with Frogadier and Hawlucha.

This is of course only if Ash does beat all of Shota's Pokemon, though it would be interesting to see Pikachu losing in some fashion, but I doubt Ash would sweep. Only problem is outside of Pikachu there's no other Pokemon of Ash's I feel comfortable getting a loss. Frogadier hasn't gotten much since Ramos, Fletchinder's possible wins against Valerie would likely be undermined, and Hawlucha shouldn't lose so soon after beating Clemont's Heliolisk, but I will admit it does depend on Shota's Pokemon. Perhaps he has a Breloom, which then could be fine for Frogadier losing, but I want to know Shota's Pokemon before choosing which Pokemon to what will lose from Ash.

Why couldn't this be an actual 3 on 3? At least then all Pokemon of Ash's could get a win. I loathe three 1 vs 1 forcing a Pokemon to lose just so the winner can be a "surprise".

Here is a new summary of the episode.

Watching the fight between Ash and Valerie has made Shota incredibly motivated. However, in his excitement, he accidentally ends up dropping his cherished notebook. Ash and friends help him search for it, but none of them are able to find it. You see, Team Rocket already picked it up...

My Opinion On Rivals:

I was referring to rivals Ash could face in the league, and we don't have any confirmation that Sanpei is on the badge quest. But that's not to say that this rules him out, we just don't know yet.

Okay! I just didn't realise you were talking about just in the league. :)

Playerking said:
Watching the fight between Ash and Valerie has made Shota incredibly motivated. However, in his excitement, he accidentally ends up dropping his cherished notebook. Ash and friends help him search for it, but none of them are able to find it. You see, Team Rocket already picked it up...

I wonder what TR would want with Shota's notebook... Maybe it's got some important mega-evolution stuff in it...
I highly doubt that though. Maybe TR are just being annoying.

Here is a new image from the episode.

npMjNuB.png

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto
Clemont: Yūki Kaji
Bonnie: Mariya Ise
Serena: Mayuki Makiguchi
Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani
Bunnelby: Chinatsu Akasaki
Dedenne: Megumi Satō
Chespin: Hitomi Nabatame
Luxray: Kensuke Satō
Pancham: Noriko Shitaya
Jessie: Megumi Hayashibara
James: Shin'ichirō Miki
Wobbuffet: Yuji Ueda
Inkay: Kenta Miyake
Steven Stone: Ken'ichi Suzumura

Here are two new summaries of the episode.

Scottie's cherished notebook has ended up in the hands of Team Rocket! Will Ash and his friends be able to retrieve it? Also, an all-out battle takes place between Ash and Scottie! And then Scottie's Treecko ends up...!?

Having watched the Gym match between Ash and Valerie, Scottie now has an even greater desire to get much stronger. However, he has ended up dropping the battle notebook he's always held so dearly somewhere! Scottie is completely devastated; the notebook even contained photos of Steven Stone, whom he has always held in great respect. Feeling bad for Scottie, Ash and the others help him search, but they can't find it anywhere... You see, Team Rocket already picked it up...!

Last edited:
Steven?! Well, ain't this a kick? :-D

I guess Shota really IS our walking ORAS promotion!

Sorry, May :-(

Here's hoping that ash mentions him meeting steven which will make shota even more of a fanboy towards ash.

Frogadier should also be in this episode. We know Ash and Shota will battle one another, and Frogadier shares his voice actor with Wobbuffet.

Also Treecko/Grovyle is in this episode too - it, too, shares the same VA as Wobbuffet.

Surprisingly Bagon doesn't seem to be a part of this episode, since its voice actor isn't listed.

And now speculation time: With Steven Stone being part of Shota's flashback, I still think Shota is from the Hoenn region, and specifically from Rustboro City. Shota's outfit is almost identical to Roxanne's, and we know that she is a student at the Rustboro Trainer's School. For that reason, I think Shota is also a student there. It would also make sense for Shota to know Steven, since Steven's father is the President of Devon Corporation - whose headquarters are located in Rustboro - and Steven goes there frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom