• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY076: The Wind, the Egg and Onbat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: XY076: Noibat

Noibat knows Screech by the preview...

I hope it uses it more than Gliscor did...

According to the updated opening, Noibat confirmed for Ash. Which sucks.
It looked like Ash will teach Noibat how to fly. I think it will be the same plot as the Gligar/Gliscor one we had in DP.

Noibat would perfectly fit with James. Then maybe James trades it with Jessie's Pumpkaboo and so he gets to have a Gourgeist which is a grass type meanwhile Jessie would have another bat, Noibat.

Team Rocket having a potential Noivern? Lol.

The writers would never give such pokemon to them.

Although it would have been interesting to see TR actually challenging the group with a possible Noivern.

Wait a minute are you implyng it would evolve cause James doesn't seem to evolve much pokemon. If he did he would be OP, James is a good trainer.

I really would like Ash to catch to Noibat by battle, but I have a feeling it is just going to join by invitation :(

Considering it can't fly I can't imagine how Ash would be able to catch it by battling it.

I really would like Ash to catch to Noibat by battle, but I have a feeling it is just going to join by invitation :(

Considering it can't fly I can't imagine how Ash would be able to catch it by battling it.

I guess he'll battle and catch it like every other Pokemon he's caught that can't fly. Or every Pokemon caught that way, for that matter.

I guess he'll battle and catch it like every other Pokemon he's caught that can't fly. Or every Pokemon caught that way, for that matter.

Imagine for a minute, Fletching on the ground and Ash battling it with Froakie/Pikachu.

Is that really going to be an interesting capture by battle? Because Fletchling isn't Hawlucha and neither is Noibat.

Looks like we have finally got a title and summray for this epiosde:
FB0ueEA.jpg

Also according to the summaries it looks as if Noibat's newly hatched which explains everything.

Title: The Wind, the Egg and Noibat!!
Airs: June 11th

FB0ueEA.jpg

Last edited:

U know, Noibat Hatching from an Egg and CAN'T Fly, That MAKES... TOTAL SENSE now, I mean I think it kinda would have been STUPID that Ash and Comp. just RANDOMLY Found a Noibat that COULDN'T Fly because how else can they Live LOL?! But this makes A LOT MORE SENSE Now IMO.

So, the Noibat is a newly hatched one. Now it makes much more sense. Like Darth Darkrai said, a newborn baby Pokemon wouldn't know all the needed skills right away in order to survive. Usually that would require a parent to teach it. So it looks like Ash will be playing the role of a parent to yet another baby Pokemon. Which also explains why it's a crybaby. But, even so, Gligar and Gliscor weren't the best gliders around, and it's obviously been alive for at least a little while (as Ash, aka Mr. Landing Pad, found out the hard way numerous times). So that proves that even natural flyers/gliders have some trouble. But, in any case, a baby Noibat does make more sense why it can't fly properly. Looks like Fletchinder will be showing it the ropes, just like that Archen episode with Tranquill. Still, looking forward to seeing a cute baby Noibat.

Hey, what's wrong with a bunch of Flying types? Really, even though they share a type, a lot of Flying Pokemon have enough differences (in terms of appearance, weird little quirks and secondary typing) that I don't see it as a problem at all. So, Fletchinder is the obligatory regional bird, Hawlucha is the tough power packed into a small can, and Noibat... it's a baby Pokemon that the crew's gonna raise. It fits its own niche fine.

Looking forward to the possibility that it could evolve into Noivern... then Ash will release it... or it'll stay as it is and be stuck with a gag like Gible. Yay, I guess?

Translation of the summary posted earlier, by Dephender from Serebii forums:

A Noibat hatches from an egg the group picks up. However, it doesn't seem very good at flying...

Interesting that this is the first hatched Pokémon that hatches from an egg not formally given to a member of the main cast. Iris's Axew doesn't count, since he was hatched before he met Iris.

Thank goodness Noibat ain't a Gligar ripoff, it being a newborn makes makes more sense as to why it can't fly yet and its not just confidence issues like Gligar.

Here is a new image from the episode.

CA4KNPD.png

Once again, Chespin and Pancham are involved in an episode for no reason. Hopefully Fletchinder and Noibat take most of the screentime, though.

Aw, that picture is adorable! I hope Fletchinder becomes a big brother/mentor figure towards the little bat because I'd love to see that relationship on this team.

Some Flethcinder screentime,yesss, anything from him is fine for me at this point. I hope that it becomes good bros. with Noibat and is like a mentor to him as others have said.

Imagine for a minute, Fletching on the ground and Ash battling it with Froakie/Pikachu.

Is that really going to be an interesting capture by battle? Because Fletchling isn't Hawlucha and neither is Noibat.

Sheesh, you really have no imagination huh? I didn't even mention Fletchling but okay. It has feet so it can run, jump or hop in order to move, while still executing attacks (have you seen Doduo and Dodrio?). The same can be said for Noibat (which probably won't happen since apparently it just hatched and is a baby).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom