• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY076: The Wind, the Egg and Onbat!

The Pokemon anime sure doesn't understand what a baby is really like... Onbat is like the most functional infant I've ever ever seen!
It's not like it's any different from the games...just saying.
See the opportunity which the anime has is that when it adapts the games it can actually iron out some of the nonsense which is necessitated by the format of the games. IMO it is often better when it does this.

Little baby Noibat's debut! It was great!

I liked how Ash kind of knew what to do when the egg was about to hatch(did he? Or did Clemont tell him something?)
So Noibat's first move is..Supersonic? Screech? I liked how they showed its intelligence by trapping TRio in a cave and then ambushing them, it was amazing(especially the slow-mo yell, it was out of nowhere but funny, lol)

I am glad that Ash got Noibat. This was a good episode with 5th member added and Flame Body confirmed as ability for Fletchinder. I rate this 10/10 in my books.

The Pokemon anime sure doesn't understand what a baby is really like... Onbat is like the most functional infant I've ever ever seen!

That's entirely true. But when you have Brock giving another baby Pokemon soft food because it just hatched and such, the infancy discrepancy becomes more glaring.

See the opportunity which the anime has is that when it adapts the games it can actually iron out some of the nonsense which is necessitated by the format of the games. IMO it is often better when it does this.

I'd fail to see the point of Ash using a meaningless/unusable Pokemon that would take months (that don't exist in the anime) to use. Defeats the whole purpose of giving anyone an egg Pokemon to begin with.

Besides, these are Pokemon, we don't have the authority to say what is normal for a newly hatch Pokemon and what's not normal.

Besides some newly hatched Pokemon could indeed be entirely different from one another. Maybe Bonsly needs milk like products as a baby, but maybe newly hatched Noibat actually need solid fruit.

I'd fail to see the point of Ash using a meaningless/unusable Pokemon that would take months (that don't exist in the anime) to use. Defeats the whole purpose of giving anyone an egg Pokemon to begin with.

Besides, these are Pokemon, we don't have the authority to say what is normal for a newly hatch Pokemon and what's not normal.

Besides some newly hatched Pokemon could indeed be entirely different from one another. Maybe Bonsly needs milk like products as a baby, but maybe newly hatched Noibat actually need solid fruit.

Precisely. Besides, even in the animal kingdom there are animals who don't need to be babied by their mothers. Take for example the eels, or snakes. Most of them can hunt their preys since the very moment they are born. So I think it could be something similar in the Pokémon universe: some Pokémon need liquids when they're newborn, like Happiny and Bonsly, and others can eat more solid foods from the beginning, like Scraggy and Noibat.

Ash and May shared a Squirtle.
Ash and May shared a Bulbasaur.
Ash and Paul shared a Turtwig, Grotle and later Torterra.
Ash and Paul shared a Gliscor.
Ash and Barry shared a Staraptor and Heracross.
Ash and Dawn shared a Cyndaquil.
Ash and Iris shared a Gible.
Dawn, Kenny and Barry all have shared a Piplup.
Ash and Trip have shared a Snivy.
Brock and Nurse Joy shared a Chansey.
Ash and Ritchie shared Pikachu, Butterfree and Charmander.
And the list goes on and on and on.

I don't get why people are so foreign to multiple trainers owning the same species of Pokemon.
Don't forget, Ash caught a Torkoal shortly after defeating Flannery's Torkoal in their Gym battle.

Did they actually mention in the episode that Fletcindher's Ability is Flame Body?
Yes, Clemont explained it to Serena.

So Noibat's first move is..Supersonic? Screech?
Supersonic.

lmao @ Pumpkaboo and Inkay laughing exactly like Jessie and James after attacking them. XD

Noibat is too cute.

I think it's heavily implied where they come from in the games. Naturally, they can't spell it out directly because it is fundamentally a kids' game.
Late to the part, but... It's not implied at all. The fact Pokémon like Wailmer and Skitty can breed should be proof enough that eggs don't come from, well, the same place as in real life. I doubt Pokémon produce eggs inside their body, it just doesn't make any sense by the series standards. I always assumed eggs are produced the exact way @Moe; mentioned in the last page.

Back
Top Bottom