• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY077: The Pokémon Sky Relay Challenge! Fly, Onbat!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see Fletchinder doing well, but Noibat...? Is this where he learns to fly?

I would have imagine he'd learn to fly in the episode where he hatches and Ash uses Fletchinder to help teach him. I can't imagine Ash entering him in a flying competition when he still can't fly.

LOL, yeah. I don't think Ash would just throw him off a hot air balloon XD.

I'm just wondering how Noibat learns to fly though. Like you said, maybe Fletchinder helps.

LOL, yeah. I don't think Ash would just throw him off a hot air balloon XD.

I'm just wondering how Noibat learns to fly though. Like you said, maybe Fletchinder helps.

Well the image we have shows Fletchinder out with Ash holding Noibat, so I think it's very likely that he assists in it seeing as he can fly. Kinda like Tranquill and Archen in BW. I hope so, it would be nice to see imo.

Somehow I have a feeling that Noibat will be able to fly almost perfectly in this episode due to pressure and encouragement, but then immediately afterwards start crashing and crying again. Basically, Noibat will succeed in flying for the event due to pushing itself but then go right back to crashing once the pressure/adrenalin wears off.

Here are some new images and summaries from the episode.

bSubihF.jpg

This is what the summary says in that image.

Ash's Noibat enters a relay competition where Pokémon capable of flying compete in terms of speed! How will this go!?

ZERtawK.jpg

This is what it says in the second image.

Noibat participates in a Pokémon Sky Relay! Will it really be okay!?
This is a contest where groups of three Flying type Pokémon compete in terms of speed! Noibat still can't fly properly, but it's the only Pokémon left that can compete!

Will the results of the training show!?
Noibat has been taught how to fly by Fletchinder and Hawlucha. Will these three be able to pass the baton to each other and make it to the goal!?

The trio of Fletchinder, Hawlucha and Noibat take the challenge!
Ash's three partners that are capable of flying are participating! Aim for victory!

A suspicious-looking Pelipper is participating as well!
No matter what, this Pelipper sure looks weird! Who could have...it could only have been them! Be careful, now!!

It would be really cool if we have another sketch Pelipper hiding Pokemon in its mouth again!

And if Noibat, Fletchinder and Hawlucha outspeed that Ninjask, I will cry.

That bottom left screenshot in the second set of images seems to at least partly confirm my theory. Noibat has a determined look on its face, which means that it'll probably push itself to win the relay thing because of all the support/pressure/determination it's going through. I still think that immediately after the relay, once all that rush and such wears off, it'll go back to crash landing and crying. But we'll just have to wait and see, but if it happens, I wouldn't be too surprised.

That bottom left screenshot in the second set of images seems to at least partly confirm my theory. Noibat has a determined look on its face, which means that it'll probably push itself to win the relay thing because of all the support/pressure/determination it's going through. I still think that immediately after the relay, once all that rush and such wears off, it'll go back to crash landing and crying. But we'll just have to wait and see, but if it happens, I wouldn't be too surprised.

It can happen and it will be interesting to watch Noibat's struggle after the relay, but seeing how rushed things are in the recent series (BW and kinda XY) I can see Noibat overcoming the disabilities and magically become a strong member of Ash's team.

It would be really cool if we have another sketch Pelipper hiding Pokemon in its mouth again!

And if Noibat, Fletchinder and Hawlucha outspeed that Ninjask, I will cry.

If it's a relay, then Ninjask is only going to be relevent for whatever part of the race it's taking part in. The other two could be the most stupidly sluggish flying Pokemon around for all we know.

That image of Onbat's mouth coated in half-masticated apple is absolutely revolting.

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto
Clemont: Yūki Kaji
Bonnie: Mariya Ise
Serena: Mayuki Makiguchi
Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani
Fletchinder: Yuka Terasaki
Dedenne: Megumi Satō
Jessie: Megumi Hayashibara
James: Shin'ichirō Miki
Meowth: Inuko Inuyama
Wobbuffet: Yuji Ueda
Inkay: Kenta Miyake
Oiseau: Naoki Bandō
Ornis: Yuichiro Umehara
Starly: Chinatsu Akasaki
Staravia: Kensuke Satō
Staraptor: Tsuguo Mogami
Announcer: Kiyotaka Furushima

Here is a new summary of the episode.

Ash enters a "Sky Relay", a flying race for Pokemon capable of flight! He decides to enter with Fletchinder, Hawlucha and Noibat, however it seems Noibat still isn't all that good at flying. Will Noibat manage to fly properly?

I guess this means Noibat will be voiced by a VA already on the list.

Hawlucha is voiced by Miki, who is shown as James' VA above.

And Starly, Staravia, and Staraptor may be part of the same team, and are either used by Oiseau or Ornis.

Preview 1
- The multiple Pikachu battle eachother.

Preview 2
- Fletchinder flies in the race, with Staravia, Swanna and Ninjask following behind.

[video=youtube;5f8jcT2ZBlg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f8jcT2ZBlg[/video]

So the Pikachu episode is an official XY episode? according to Serebii, yes.

0:11 - um, yikes. Anybody else reminded of the gimp from Pulp Fiction? :p

So...I take it this means we're getting a new Cosplay Pikachu?

Still an awesome reference though! :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom