• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY077: The Pokémon Sky Relay Challenge! Fly, Onbat!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: XY077: Starly

Title: The Pokemon Sky Relay Challenge! Fly, Noibat!!
Airs: June 18th

Here is a summary of the episode.

Ash participates in a Pokemon Sky Relay with his Fletchinder, Hawlucha and Noibat. But will Noibat, who's not all that good at flying, really be able to participate in a festival for Flying Pokemon?

This episode will air in a 1 hour special, with a special about Ash's Pikachu starring in a movie.

ポケットモンスター エックスワイ:あにてれ:テレビ東京

news_150520.png

Here is a translation of the what it says on the TV Tokyo Pokemon website.

On June 18th, we will will show a 1 hour special double feature! It's called the "Pokemon XY Pikachu the Movie 1 Hour Special"!!

This special ill have a mass outbreak of Pikachu!?
And not only that, it will also have the TV debut of the Cosplay Pikachu, which debuted in the video games Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, released last year!!
The Pikachu dressed up in these various costumes are sure to be a hit in the anime as well!

So, here's a bit of exclusive information to those of you reading this:

"Pikachu Becomes a Star!? Its Movie Debut!!"
"How to Pikachu the Movie! All Right! Action!!"
The Thunderclap Hero! Super Pikachu!!
Pikachu's Thrilling Failure Award

"An old man that loves Pikachu chooses Ash's Pikachu to star in the movie he's producing! But during the shooting, there's a massive outbreak of Pikachu? In the end, Pikachu's movie for Pikachu by Pikachu is complete... or so you'd think, but there's not enough people on the production staff, so they can't finish the story! But then, Ash rises to the task!"

In addition, we will also give you ultra rare news on this year's movie, Pokémon the Movie XY: "The Archdinni of Rings Hoopa"!
Make absolutely sure not to miss this June 18th special!

So...a special about the Pikashu cosplay outfits then? :lol:

Male cosplay Pikachu? Man they need to release that version in the games. Just look at the tail of that Pikachu Libre.

Anyways, this is where the creation i described as Ken Sugimori on drugs debuts. (No offence meant, but I never get why he made Cosplay Pikachus) I think we get to see them showcase their special moves eh? I'd love to see how Pikachu Belle conjures Icicle Crash.

I'm honestly surprised he's trying to enter his Hawlucha, considering it was explained just an episode after its debut that it could only glide rather than fly.

The summary says Ash's Noibat will be the liability because it can't fly, but personally I think Hawlucha is an even greater liability because it can't really fly at all. It only glides in the air.

@Playerking
I think the Pikachu special should have its own thread since it is separate from XY077.

Wait so we know about the Starly episode, but we don't know about Noibat's capture episode, wait, why?

Pikachuu looks like he has become the leader of Shocker...

What Hawlucha lacks in flight, it makes up for with impressive jumping skills-skills I'm sure it will utilize in the episode.

I just hope this isn't Fletchinder's evolution episode. The whole concept of Ash's bird type fliers evolving in aerial competitions has been worn out.

I just hope this isn't Fletchinder's evolution episode. The whole concept of Ash's bird type fliers evolving in aerial competitions has been worn out.

I very, VERY much doubt that, seeing as the title clearly indicate on Noibat focus. Also, the opening and ending would probably have spoiled that if that was the case seeing as this episode airs just after the Noibat-capture episode and prior to the Eevee-capture.

I very, VERY much doubt that, seeing as the title clearly indicate on Noibat focus. Also, the opening and ending would probably have spoiled that if that was the case seeing as this episode airs just after the Noibat-capture episode and prior to the Eevee-capture.

The Japanese titles have a tendency to mislead in terms of the episode's true focus. However I agree that it isn't likely, especially since as you said Talonflame isn't in the ending (yet).

And if that is the case, then I'll be happy that there will be a flying focus episode with no plot induced evolution.

Nice to see Flethcinder's in the sky relay. Hope it will help Noibat to fly properly.

Cool! Maybe here we'll get to see some interaction between Fletchinder and Noibat! :D Excited!

Here are some new images from the episode.

Td6auL0.png

150522_a01_pic03.jpg

Last edited:
150522_a01_pic03.jpg

This looks a bit to similar to the Pokeringer tournament to me... You knoe, with the hot-air balloons and rings and everything.

Seeing Ash use all of his flying-types in a competition sounds so awesome. I'm particularly interested in Hawlucha seeing as he can't fly, but glides so I wonder how he'll fair. Hopefully Fletchinder and Noibat do well.

Seeing Ash use all of his flying-types in a competition sounds so awesome. I'm particularly interested in Hawlucha seeing as he can't fly, but glides so I wonder how he'll fair. Hopefully Fletchinder and Noibat do well.

I can see Fletchinder doing well, but Noibat...? Is this where he learns to fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom