• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY079: Fierce Battle in the Monster Ball Factory! Pikachu VS Nyarth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: XY078: Meowth

It is the most creative episode title ever!!! for sure...

Wonder what TPCI will rename it...

EDIT: oh wait it's the Boardgame Data... nevermind

Title: The Fierce Fighting Monster Ball Factory! Pikachu VS Nyarth!!
Airs: June 25

The title of this episode is stated in this image.

SlZY2au.jpg

Cool - the Pokeball Factory is appearing. I wonder if they use a remix of the Pokeball Factory theme? I don't remember them using one at the Power Plant

So that's where the scene(in the upcoming episode preview) where Mewoth uses a Pokeball on Pikachu is from, should be interesting.

So that's where the scene(in the upcoming episode preview) where Mewoth uses a Pokeball on Pikachu is from, should be interesting.

Is meowth really using that pokeball on pikachu, the preview didn't show him using it on pikachu.

So Team Flare is not showing up here either. It's Team Rocket that attacks the Poke Ball factory instead. It's looking more and more likely that Team Flare won't show up at all.

Last edited:

What would that do anyway? Unless Pikachu captures Meowth by using its tail to bat it back at him, a Pokeball doesn't work on a caught Pokemon - so it's no better than throwing a rock. I've not seen that preview though.

Hopefully the 'being able to capture already captured Pokemon' isn't down to not pressing a particular switch in the Pokeball factory, so it's hard to think what problems they could cause other than minor inconvenience.

As an aside - it bugged me in the games that they don't temporarily increase the prices of Pokeballs, or have them not sold until you resolve that situation...

Dang, why are they skipping Team Flare? a lot of chances for appearances wasted, maybe saving them for an arc similar to Team Plasma in BW, I doubt it but I hope they just won't skip them like that.

So Team Flare is not showing up here either. It's Team Rocket that attacks the Poke Ball factory instead. It's looking more and more likely that Team Flare won't show up at all.

Or they could be doing to Team Flare what they did with Team Plasma in BW.

In my opinion, Team Flare in the anime is essentially just Team Rocket with a costume change. It's Fleur-de-lis who pushes the main plot forward, and he has appeared in the anime. I imagine having the rest of Team Flare would just be cumbersome to the writers given that they're not trying to do anything the Rocket Trio already isn't.

What would that do anyway? Unless Pikachu captures Meowth by using its tail to bat it back at him, a Pokeball doesn't work on a caught Pokemon - so it's no better than throwing a rock. I've not seen that preview though.

Hopefully the 'being able to capture already captured Pokemon' isn't down to not pressing a particular switch in the Pokeball factory, so it's hard to think what problems they could cause other than minor inconvenience.

As an aside - it bugged me in the games that they don't temporarily increase the prices of Pokeballs, or have them not sold until you resolve that situation...

You misunderstand, Meowth was recalling a Pokemon to its Poke ball NOT capturing it.

Ah the two ball-o-phobes battle it out in a ball factory, should be a laugh a minute!

I can't help but imagine Pikachu and Meowth throwing Poke Balls at each other. I'm looking forward to this episode.

Personally, I think the reason TF hasn't shown up by now is because the games didn't give the writers enough to work with, which was probably made even hard given all the plot inconsistencies. So they're providing buildup on the side via the Mega Evolution Specials until they can get their hands on better source material (i.e. a new game), which I predict will happen around the time Act 4 premieres.

Last edited:
Here are some new images and a summary from the episode.

bSubihF.jpg

This is what the summary says in the image.

Ash and his friends end up caught in one of Team Rocket's traps! Pikachu is now all by itself, and Meowth is closing in on it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom