• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY079: Fierce Battle in the Monster Ball Factory! Pikachu VS Nyarth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Pikachu has to do is give Meowth a good ol' Thunderbolt to the face. Problem solved.

Unless of course, Meowth quickly sends out another Pokemon from a Poke Ball that he stole from the factory, to shield himself with.

I'm sick of these Team rocket fillers. The writers should stop being lazy and come up with actual interesting villains instead of just putting in Team Rocket as the bad guys all the time and call it a day. Something along the lines of J would really benefit this saga.

I'm sick of these Team rocket fillers. The writers should stop being lazy and come up with actual interesting villains instead of just putting in Team Rocket as the bad guys all the time and call it a day. Something along the lines of J would really benefit this saga.

You said the exact same thing about Pikachu winning all the time in the Gym Battles, and in the last three, he either didn't feature or lost. That's not what I call "being lazy".

Villains who will be just as ineffective, just like J? This franchise isn't allowed to do anything that carries weight.

Malamar is supossed to be the J of this series. Also, "being the bad guys all the time" is the purpouse of Team Rocket, to serve as the main conflict and the climax of most episodes to make writing easier.

Malamar is supossed to be the J of this series. Also, "being the bad guys all the time" is the purpouse of Team Rocket, to serve as the main conflict and the climax of most episodes to make writing easier.

I agree. Team Rocket are the main antagonists of the series. I find it weird that some people say that Team Rocket are too comical and incompetent, yet they want other villains to fill their role in the occasions that Team Rocket come up with better plans, such as in this episode. I'm interested in the fact that Pikachu will be fighting with Meowth all by himself.

I agree. Team Rocket are the main antagonists of the series. I find it weird that some people say that Team Rocket are too comical and incompetent, yet they want other villains to fill their role in the occasions that Team Rocket come up with better plans, such as in this episode. I'm interested in the fact that Pikachu will be fighting with Meowth all by himself.

You can't actually blame other prople for demanding different villains, i mean TR have been around for 18 years now and they still have that same goal and haven't progressed a lot. It's natural that people would get tire from them and want something fresh.

You can't actually blame other prople for demanding different villains, i mean TR have been around for 18 years now and they still have that same goal and haven't progressed a lot. It's natural that people would get tire from them and want something fresh.
Replace TR with Satoshi and observe the startling effect...

I suspect that the same people who want a new J-esque villain were the ones who despised the DP TRio, who were 100% ineffective because they weren't required to pose any sort of threat with other, "real" villains around. The Pokemon anime is not going to get any darker and the TRio are going nowhere - get a grip! I don't understand how some of you have ever tolerated this show which is by and large the same as it was at its genesis.

Replace TR with Satoshi and observe the startling effect...

I suspect that the same people who want a new J-esque villain were the ones who despised the DP TRio, who were 100% ineffective because they weren't required to pose any sort of threat with other, "real" villains around. The Pokemon anime is not going to get any darker and the TRio are going nowhere - get a grip! I don't understand how some of you have ever tolerated this show which is by and large the same as it was at its genesis.

People won't care if TR are replaced but that doesn't work with ash to some extent, ash is still the face of the anime, some peope stil want him around and people would rather have ash stay than TR.

I have no problem with TR, i don't care about them and i know they are not going anywhere. I was just pointing that it's normal for people to want other villains.

in the occasions that Team Rocket come up with better plans, such as in this episode.

They've trapped Ash and his pals many times though only to fail as usual, so how is this one of their better plans?

in the occasions that Team Rocket come up with better plans, such as in this episode.

They've trapped Ash and his pals many times though only to fail as usual, so how is this one of their better plans?

Because they don't do these sort of plans that often. Usually their plans aren't so highbrow, where they just capture Pikachu in a box, only for Ash to quickly uses another Pokemon of his to set Pikachu free. Setting Ash and co. into a trap, which leads to Meowth being alone with Pikachu, in a Poke Ball factory, where Meowth can bring out Pokemon to use for a shield/to control them isn't the same as most of their plans.

This is a stoopid plot. Should be about Team Flare, not ridiculous Rocket trio. Seriously, when does Team Flare play their part in the story? I don't want them to end up like a Team Plasma fiasco.

People won't care if TR are replaced but that doesn't work with ash to some extent, ash is still the face of the anime, some peope stil want him around and people would rather have ash stay than TR.
Who are these "people"?

To me, if pikachu really back to pokeball,

i think he and ash will be too mad from TR

Here is a new summary of the episode.

While visiting a Poke Ball factory, Ash and his friends end up falling for Team Rocket's lie about doing maintenance on their Poke Balls and get themselves captured! Pikachu is now all by itself, and Meowth is closing in on it!

Asada Yuuji and Iwane Masa'aki return! Miura You is doing the storyboard, though, so I assume this is because Asada was busy working on something else, probably Mega Evolution Act IV.

Here is a new image and some new summaries from the episode.

wR2nGzp.jpg

Ash and friends attend a guided tour at a Poke Ball factory, but the entire tour is a trap set up by Team Rocket. The group is throughly deceived by Team Rocket's lies about doing a maintenance check on their Poke Balls, and Team Rocket end up stealing all of their Poke Balls, Pokémon and everything.

One day, Ash and his friends visit a Poke Ball Factory for a guided tour. But the tour turns out to be one of Team Rocket's traps, and they end up stealing all of Ash and friends' Balls, Pokemon included, under the pretext of performing maintenance on them. Being the only Pokemon not inside a Pokeball, Pikachu does its best to save the other Pokemon.

Last edited:
Ok, here is my theory on what happens in the episode, as supported by a previous preview and the wording of the descriptions:

The gang are captured by Team Rocket with all of the Poke Balls stolen... including Pikachu's. Nyarth, realising he has a prime opportunity to catch Pikachu, then attempts to recall him leading to a chase through the factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom