• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY079: Fierce Battle in the Monster Ball Factory! Pikachu VS Nyarth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto
Clemont: Yūki Kaji
Bonnie: Mariya Ise
Serena: Mayuki Makiguchi
Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani
Dedenne: Megumi Satō
Jessie: Megumi Hayashibara
James: Shin'ichirō Miki
Meowth: Inuko Inuyama
Wobbuffet: Yuji Ueda
Inkay: Kenta Miyake

Here are some new summaries of the episode courtesy of Dephender.

Ash and friends get caught in a trap set up by Team Rocket! Pikachu battles with Meowth in the factory to take the stolen Pokemon back!

As Ash and his friends continue their journey, they visit the Poke Ball Factory. Some of the bigwigs at the factory invite them along for a guided tour through it, but it all turns out to be one of Team Rocket's traps! The group falls completely or their lie about doing a maintenance checkup on their Poke Balls and get all their Poke Balls stolen, the Pokemon inside included! Since it didn't go into its Poke Ball, Pikachu was able to escape, and is now having a grand showdown with Meowth inside the factory in an attempt at taking the Pokemon back!

Preview
- Ash and co. look at the Poke Ball Factory in amazement.
- Pikachu dodges lasers on a coveyer belt.
- Pikachu and Meowth gets sprayed like multiple different Poke Balls.
- We see Poke Ball's that aren't sprayed yet.

[video=youtube;HqLAFNUF-hQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqLAFNUF-hQ[/video]

Last edited:
Based on the preview, looks like this episode will be fun to watch. The PokeBall factory looks exactly like in the games.

I expect some quality TR comedy in this episode.

OMG unpainted PokeBalls

FINALLY!! The Other kinds of Balls appear LOL, FINALLY!!!!!! Ok but the Episode, it does look Good, Pikachu and Meowth being Dragged under the Conveyer Belt was Funny :)

This is going to be AMAZING. Classic TRio comedy + Iwane, I mean how can this go wrong?!

When was the last time the Pikachu/ball issue was brought up?

Get TV Preview
- Ash and co. watch multiple Poke Ball's being made.
- Ash and co. give their Poke Ball's to Team Rocket.
- Pikachu crashes through an air vent cover.
- Pikachu and Meowth prepare for a battle somewhere outside of the Poke Ball Factory.

This is going to be AMAZING. Classic TRio comedy + Iwane, I mean how can this go wrong?!

When was the last time the Pikachu/ball issue was brought up?

Last time I specifically remember was in Best Wishes, in regards to the Munna Episode.

But I'm pretty sure (but could be wrong) it was mentioned in one of the XY episodes, because I almost think I remember Bonnie learning about this.

Last time I specifically remember was in Best Wishes, in regards to the Munna Episode.

But I'm pretty sure (but could be wrong) it was mentioned in one of the XY episodes, because I almost think I remember Bonnie learning about this.

Actually, it was brought up pretty recently in the Battle Chateau episode. Satoshi brought it out before his battle with Tesla, Citron commenting on Pikachu refusing to go inside.

Actually, it was brought up pretty recently in the Battle Chateau episode. Satoshi brought it out before his battle with Tesla, Citron commenting on Pikachu refusing to go inside.

Oh now I know the instance I was thinking of.

It wasn't Pikachu's refusal to go into a ball, although thanks for the Battle Chateau mention, but it was Pikachu's refusal to evolve, and it happened in the stone based episode, I think with Korrina, and there was a thunderstone, mention of Clemont evolving his Helioptile into a Heliolisk, and then mention of Pikachu possibly evolving only for Ash to say Pikachu doesn't want to evolve.

That's what I was remembering.

But thank you again for the Battle Chateau mention, so it has happened this generation.

I'm quite curious about the scene from the trailer. Meowth is clearly trying to capture Pikachu, what doesn't make much sense since Pikachu already has a Pokeball. Maybe it's Pikachus Pokeball? Is Ash still in possession of it at all? I guess so, but I don't know if it was ever mentioned.

Otherwise the episode looks like a typical filler, what isn't a bad thing imo. But please don't let Pikachu and Meowth become "friends"/get along well or something like that, we had enough "Meowth ends up with Pikachu/Bonnie/Max"-episodes of this kind before and it would be so boring.
But I don't think so anyway. Does look more like pure entertainment :)

I'm quite curious about the scene from the trailer. Meowth is clearly trying to capture Pikachu, what doesn't make much sense since Pikachu already has a Pokeball. Maybe it's Pikachus Pokeball? Is Ash still in possession of it at all? I guess so, but I don't know if it was ever mentioned.

Otherwise the episode looks like a typical filler, what isn't a bad thing imo. But please don't let Pikachu and Meowth become "friends"/get along well or something like that, we had enough "Meowth ends up with Pikachu/Bonnie/Max"-episodes of this kind before and it would be so boring.

Pikachu's PokeBall was featured in the Battle Chateau episode, if it helps.

The new VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto
Clemont: Yūki Kaji
Bonnie: Mariya Ise
Serena: Mayuki Makiguchi
Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani
Fletchinder: Yuka Terasaki
Dedenne: Megumi Satō
Chespin: Hitomi Nabatame
Luxray: Kensuke Satō
Pancham: Noriko Shitaya
Jessie: Megumi Hayashibara
James: Shin'ichirō Miki
Meowth: Inuko Inuyama
Wobbuffet: Yuji Ueda
Inkay: Kenta Miyake

From what we can tell in the trailers, there's none of the friendship guff going on. Pikachu and Nyarth are apparently going to have an all-out chase and fight through the factory, which looks like will be exciting to watch.

As for the Poke Ball, presumably Satoshi would need to keep it on him at all times to ensure Pikachu is officially registered as being in his party. I've seen some people arguing about the fact there's no lightning bolt symbol on the front, but the thing is this symbol hasn't been there since the first scene. Plus, all of Okido's starters had writing on the balls which quickly disappeared.

Well, remember, according to pre-release info, TRio trick the gang into giving up all their Poke Balls for "maintenance", so that would include Pikachu's ball. Ash does keep it on-hand. As stated by others, it was shown during the Battle Chateau episode. Yes, it doesn't have the lightning bolt, but that disappeared LONG ago. So Meowth most likely figured out that that particular Poke Ball (which would be empty yet have a Pokemon registered with it) would be Pikachu's ball, so he's trying to recall him in order to steal him, hence the whole chase throughout the factory and why Meowth is using that particular ball against Pikachu. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom