• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY080: Tairenar and Yancham!! A Captivating Fiery Performance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a new image from the episode.

jenMw1O.png

Pancham! I believe in you! Make the best Pokepuff! <3 you!!!!!

Ok crazy mode off (slightly). OMG SO HYPED FOR THIS EPISODE OMG OMG OMG.

Serously, I have been waiting for this show case for so long, its finally coming (soon). I am sure Serena will win this but I hope she deliver the best performance ever.

Omg it's happened there having a cooking round in a showcase *takes drink off water*........WHAT HAS THIS OWLRD COME TO AHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY JAPAN WHY AHHHHHHH

Oh my god. That image. It's so adorable <3 Pancham cooking cooking with Serena!!! He's so cute holding that batter and trying to mix the flour ;_; so adorbs I can't wait for this episode!!

This scan comes from a flyer being distributed in Namco arcades throughout Japan.

The second image on this scan comes from this episode, and features Serena's opponents in this Showcase's theme performance:

x8Wv9qo.jpg

Looks like she's not against Miette....yet, anyway. Maybe they'll be the finalists?

Looks like she's not against Miette....yet, anyway. Maybe they'll be the finalists?

Probably. An earlier summary did say that Serena will make it to the free performance stage this time.

Perhaps Miette and Jessie are paired in the same block like Shauna and Jessie were in the last Showcase?

-Why does Serena has two Pokemon?
-Why doesn't she has the dress from the preview? There's a presentation round alongside the Pokepuffs or something?
-Honedge finally debuts here, the Ash's Honedge supporters will be dissapointed.
-The other girls' dresses are good and form a nice chemistry with their Pokemon, but Serena's again is simple and ugly. At least she doesn't have a gimmick hairstyle this time.

-Why does Serena has two Pokemon?

There's no rule against having more than one Pokémon in a Theme Performance stage. When Shauna first described Showcases to Serena in XY040, some of the Performers were shown on the catwalk with two, or even three, Pokemon.

But I do think Performers can only used a limited number of Pokémon in the Theme Performance. Monsieur Pierre mentioned that the Performers can use all six Pokémon in the Free Performance in XY060, which implies that the Performers can't do so in the Theme Performance.

-Why doesn't she has the dress from the preview? There's a presentation round alongside the Pokepuffs or something?

There's a break between both stages in a Showcase, as we've seen in XY060. It's very possible for Serena to change outfits during the intermission in this episode. After all, Dawn changed her outfit and hair numerous times between the appeal and battle rounds in her contests.

Well I have very excited thoughts on this episode the Amour shipping got me there, otherwise i would only look forward to the episode as a way to debunking some theories In actuality (apologizes for random word)

Serena needs a win because the show has to progress and from BW142 aka the last Best Wishes episode
Everybody Ash has known has reached their dream except Him
The following statement that was provided will show you that
Serena will eventually reach her dream before or after ash completes his champion quest

That is the logic that i choose to follow for this episode see ya on the ash gambling episode forum-

Man, the writers must have struggled to find something to do wtih Hitotsuki in the anime... despite appearing in Volt, it's taken seventy-nine episodes to make its debut and its getting shown off in a Showcase, when we've had the Battle Chateau and countless over battling heavy episodes that it could have made its grand entrance in?!

Yeah, I'm figuring the anime staff is having trouble deciding what to do with the whole evolution family considering the fact they did absolutely no battling in the Diancie movie and instead getting relegated to carrying spy cameras and lifting the Millis' down from their airship.

0SUTF67.jpg

Here's a summary of the new scan, which Ampharos King posted earlier, courtesy of someone called Dephender.

Serena participates in her second Pokemon Showcase! She's fired up and ready to do her best both when it comes to performing and love!

Isn't the Honedge girl the same girl who had a Fletchling the last time? Also, her outfit is on point.

No. The girl in the latest picture has purple hair, I'm pretty sure and the girl who has the Fletchling has dark brown/black hair.

Man, the writers must have struggled to find something to do wtih Hitotsuki in the anime... despite appearing in Volt, it's taken seventy-nine episodes to make its debut and its getting shown off in a Showcase, when we've had the Battle Chateau and countless over battling heavy episodes that it could have made its grand entrance in?!

Yeah, I'm figuring the anime staff is having trouble deciding what to do with the whole evolution family considering the fact they did absolutely no battling in the Diancie movie and instead getting relegated to carrying spy cameras and lifting the Millis' down from their airship.

I don't think every Kalos Pokemon HAS to be so appear in an important or semi-important role. With every new Pokemon that comes out, it's probably hard to make sure that they all get equal treatment and it's possible that the writers aren't too focused on every Pokemon getting equally treatment when it comes to how they are featured.

New Summary,courtesy of Dephender from Serebii.
"Serena, who traves together with Ash, once again challenges a Tripokalon. The Tripokalon starts with Serena's rival Millefeui also participating, but the first obstacle is an exercise in making Pokepuffs, Serena's specialty genre, and she makes it through with no problems at all. But as Serena heads towards the second exercise, trouble occurs backstage and Serena gets her hands full having to deal with that."

Seeing all these summaries, makes me think back to the very first image we got...and now I can't help but wonder WHEN in the episode it comes up.

I mean, it could come up at the end, like in Miette's last appearance. But given some of the other summaries, I wonder if it occurs before, or even during, the competition as a challenge. You know, a sort of "If I win, I'll tell Ash exactly how I feel" kinda dick-move.

Even the anime acknowledges that PokePuff baking is Serena's best theme; she really needs to work on the others for future competitions.

But I wonder what the trouble backstage is. Will TRio stir up a storm if/when Jessie gets eliminated?

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto
Clemont: Yūki Kaji
Bonnie: Mariya Ise
Serena: Mayuki Makiguchi
Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani
Dedenne: Megumi Satō
Pancham: Noriko Shitaya
Jessie: Megumi Hayashibara
James: Shin'ichirō Miki
Meowth: Inuko Inuyama
Wobbuffet: Yuji Ueda
Miette: Kei Shindō
Grace: Hitomi Nabatame
Gena: Yūko Mizutani
Tierno: Anri Katsu
Shauna: Yurie Kobori
Trevor: Minami Fujii
Professor Sycamore: Hiroshi Tsuchida
Aria: Marina Inuoe
Monsieur Pierre: Kenta Miyake
Meowstic (Male): Chinatsu Akasaki

Here are some new summaries courtesy of Dephender.

It's Serena's second Pokemon Showcase and she makes it through the initial Theme Performance in style! She's fired up and fully motivated to get the Princess Key, but then trouble occurs! Now what?

It's finally the day of Serena's second Pokemon Showcase challenge! Having reunited with Miette for the first time in ages, she's completely fired up for this! This time, the Theme Performance is about making Poke Puff's, Serena's specialty, and she easily advances to the next round! But as Serena heads towards the Free Performance, trouble occurs backstage... What will she do? And who will obtain the Princess Key?

Last edited:
Wonder if Yashio/Palermo will show up. Her voice actress is not on the list, but you'd think she would. If she does, probably a cameo role.

I guess she could watch the Pokemon Showcase and not speak. I mean, I just don't see her being a one time character, but that doesn't mean she has to appear in this episode though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom