• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY080: Tairenar and Yancham!! A Captivating Fiery Performance!!

Some comments:
- It's a shame that Litleo and Honedge debuted in this anime with generic COTDs. They didn't even get any focus, neither Ash or Serena didn't use their PokeDexes on them.

- It's a good thing that this Showcase had actual judges. Palermo didn't do anything in XY060 so the audience judged the contestants instead. At least this time, the contestants advanced this time based on skill as opposed to outright favoritism, except for the one contestant I point out below.

- The male judge, Soroto, is a Pokemon Connoisseur.

- Yes, it's Jessie. Even though she didn't advance because of her raw talent, I am still glad at the result because she won with teamwork. Meowth used his knowledge of Pokemon communication to understand which flavors and toppings the Pokemon judges - Mime Jr., Jigglypuff, and Furfrou - prefer. The human judges approved of Jessie's Pokepuffs only because their Pokemon loved them so much.

- With that said, I am surprised that Jessie didn't involve herself more in the free performance stage. In DP, all of her contest appeals centered around her; the Pokemon were the support. But this time Meowth was the main focus.

- One of Jessie's opponents in the Theme Performance - the redhead with the Psyduck - was seen in the last Showcase, which is a nice reference.

- Serena was called out after Jessie yet she was the last of the five contestants to perform in the Free Performance stage. Why?

- The Free Performances were okay. I wasn't a fan of any of them.

Overall, it's an okay episode.

Last edited:
I really tried watching through this but I couldn't do it. Shit is just too boring. Why even give Serena Pokemon if dressing up in dumb outfits and creating sparkles is all they're used for?

I really tried watching through this but I couldn't do it. Shit is just too boring. Why even give Serena Pokemon if dressing up in dumb outfits and creating sparkles is all they're used for?

Except it's not all they're used for.

Whether you like it or not, plenty of girls DO like that kind of thing.

This episode was okay, but I'm still not a big fan of showcases. They need to find a way to make them more unique and focused on the performers Pokemon. They are all so alike and since when are Pokemon able to produce sparkle without using any attacks?
I would even call James receiving all these wtf-looks from people around him the most amusing part of this episode - not a good sign considering there was a big show going on.
I guess it would help, if we would see more Performances of other participants, at least the whole performance of Miette.

Serena winning was okay for me even if her Free Performance wasn't that creative or spectacular. I'm happy for her and it was good for her first try. But I don't see why she won by such a clear margin. We can't say much about the other performancers but I don't see the reason she should finish so far ahead of Jessie or Miette. The whole voting system still feels quite random.

I'm still looking forward to the next showcases. I think it's to early to give up on them, maybe they will improve and be a bit more exciting in upcoming episodes ...

I'm I the only one thinking Jessie's performance wasn't unique like most people think?

She literally did the same performance in a Pokemon Contest in DP. Although this time it was Meowth being bounced up and down by Wobbuffet's counter. Meowth using fury swipes to cut up all those Tamato berries into hearts was cool though.

Ehh...the whole deal on battles being a thing for these showcases is weird. Wouldn't you basically have Pokemon Contests again?

Last edited:

The point is - even if we do, that's not all we like

Ehh...the whole deal on battles being a thing for these showcases is weird. Wouldn't you basically have Pokemon Contests again?

What would be wrong with that? It would give huge scope for Serena's character development - for example, look at how much work Dawn put into her performances, making sure her combination moves were beautiful as well as effective. How it brought her closer to her Pokemon and helped her grow as a person and a Trainer. How she dug deep to defeat people when things looked hopeless and even how Ash learned things from Dawn's performances to make him a better battler.

(Sorry if I'm going off-topic here)

What would be wrong with that? It would give huge scope for Serena's character development - for example, look at how much work Dawn put into her performances, making sure her combination moves were beautiful as well as effective. How it brought her closer to her Pokemon and helped her grow as a person and a Trainer. How she dug deep to defeat people when things looked hopeless and even how Ash learned things from Dawn's performances to make him a better battler.

(Sorry if I'm going off-topic here)
Wouldn't people just complain that the writers are doing Poke Contests again with a different name though?

That they don't have any creativity, etc..

P.S. I guess this is going a little off-topic.

Last edited:

I know. I'm just saying not to dismiss that part of the show as pointless or whatever because it does have an audience.

But I guess this is a general topic that doesn't specifically have to do with this episode so we should focus on it a little more.

What was the music that was playing during Miette's free performance?

This is not a good excuse, especially when we have seen the Battle Chateau being featured in the anime. The Chateau gives Trainers titles of nobility based on the rank they achieve through their victories. Viola was shown to be a Duchess while Grant was a Duke before defeating her. It could be the same for the Master Class tournament of Pokémon Showcases: if a boy wins, then he is crowned Kalos King, but if a girl wins, she will be crowned Kalos Queen.

I think thats the main difference between a performer and coordinator. as you see performer is more of a model than coordinator. This competition is more like the anime equivalent of real life competitions for companies that are interested in signing female models. And I don't think I saw model competitions mixing males and females before. (Although I believe it exists)

We have no reason to assume there are boys-only Showcases being held across the Kalos region. Even if we don't have a main character participating in them, the writers could have shown the Kalos King standing next to Aria in one of the million cameo appearances she makes in the series. It also wouldn't hurt to see a male Performer earning a Prince Key through a PokéVision video. The writers can change this at any moment, of course, but right now we just can't say there are male Performers out there. If they do exist, it is a total shame that Tierno isn't one.

Pierre is one. And we have seen him multiple times. They never mentioned if he is a performer but by speculation he should be one.

I think the lack of battles in Pokémon Showcases wouldn't be so much of a problem if boys were allowed to enter. By making Showcases a girls-only competition with no battling but a lot of activities traditionally perceived as something women should do such as cooking and dressing up, the writers are essentially sending the wrong message to the kids watching the show. It's like girls are relegated to cook! They have to sit and be pretty while the boys are battling. Add this to the fact Serena is in love with Ash and there you have it, a girl improving herself to become a good wife for her man.

I think the Pokemon League will have its fair share of female competitors that will convey the right message. And we have a multitude of female Gym Leaders that are capable battlers.

And Pokepuff is the equivalent of Pokeblocks/Poffins from the games in the anime. Cooking has been a part of the contest ever since Ruby and Sapphire came out. Its a shame that they only started to showcase it now. So the cooking is not to convey that females should learn to cook and become a good wife. Instead its away to improve their relationship and make their Pokemon more appealing.

And the judges for the Pokepuff section is the Pokemons, their trainers is just there to voice out their opinion in human words. So its a little bit off with your 'become a good wife' statement.

There's really no reason why a boy couldn't be interested in dressing up his Pokémon nicely and baking Poké Puffs. We have seen boys competing in the Hearthome Collection and the Poké Puff Contest so it makes no sense at all. It's just sexist and absurd and I think it's so sad we have to see activities being assigned by gender in a kids show.

As I said above Pierre is obviously into the performing stage. And the activity is not assigned by gender as we will definitely see female competitors in the league.

Also, your point about Ash is moot because it's obvious the writers wouldn't have Ash expressing any interest in participating in a girls-only competition. However, Chespin has been shown to be interested in performances, and I would love to see Clemont and all of his awkwardness dancing on stage. That would be entertaining.

Its a female model competition, so Ash and Clemont won't be participating. Even if there is a Kalos King competition like I said, no one will go for a detour just to participate that, as the one with the goal related to that (Serena) won't be participating.

Last edited:
I actually liked the episode kinda and it seems like I'm in the minority. I'm just glad that Serena is getting spotlight and not sitting on the sidelines really. Also its about fucking time a Litleo appeared, though this isn't how I wish it would debut. I'm STILL waiting for its full debut episode.

Now that they've shown off more of what a Performance is, I definitely like them more, and I think they'll just get more interesting as the characters' parties expand. And while Jessie's performance wasn't as good as last time I still don't think she deserved last place (or second to last? It seemed pretty close). She's probably just going to be a gag contestant and not bring any stiff competition/challenge to Serena which is too bad because as a character she deserves better.

The whole concept of Performances has kinda rubbed me the wrong way, but I'm a guy so I don't have the authority to say whether or not it really is sexist. The fact that only girls can compete in it is weird, it definitely does give me a "toxic gender role" vibe. The XY series as whole has been giving me very subtle ones (I can't place it exactly, maybe I'm just imagining it, but that's what I take away from some episodes) and I've been waiting for them to be subverted but I'm starting to worry we won't get it until late in the series, if at all.

The Theme Performance here was simply ridiculous. It was so not about the Performer's Pokémon. They were basically being used as tools and this saddens me. Miette's Slurpuff brought milk or whatever, Serena's Braixen opened the oven, so much for actually showcasing the Pokémon.
I don't know about Braixen, but Slurpuff didn't just bring milk (or whatever that was), it sniffed out the freshest one first.

So i just watched this episode and it was average for me. Neither bad, but not that great either.

I liked that Miette finally returned delivering more tension in interaction between characters. But even than her teasing of Serena about crush and way dynamic flowed gave impression how she is going to be more or less friendly rival to Serena just like rest of girls or males in Ash case.

Continuing with standards characteristic for XY saga of everything being positive and cheerful i guess.

Serena winning her first pokemon performance was welcomed making it seem like she finally caught a grip , finding right balance and understanding of how whole competition functions. Enjoying in her coreography created with Pancham and Braixen. Generating swirling flames and using stone edge from partner as springboard to complete circle.

But still was there need for all those flashbacks in Serena case tryng to make situation more dramatic than it really was?

Serena recall of her past and everything she went through would hold more credibility and meaning if it happened at later stage, being about to enter Master class or something. Looking back on her past life before deciding what will be her dream and all hard work she went through adding to suspense atmosphere and pressure after expectations would risen up.

But to do this for simple attempt of winning first princess key was unnecessary failing to deliver much of emotional effect on me,.

Let alone over dramatize of trivial, small things such as Serena dress being abit damaged starting to feel nervous and anxious like everything is already lost.

Looking back outfits were cute, there was lot of sparkles and shiny effects and host Pierre was energetic as usual. But i cannot help but feel how whole Tripokalon(pokemon performance)comes across as plain sexist and stereotypical.
Having to agree with rest who feel this way in this this thread.

I never liked fact of being reserved just for girls or how whole organization or events revolve just around glamour. Fashion, sewing, baking, cooking, trimming yourelf and coming up with all kind of pretty outfits to showcase girls in best possible light.

With no battling, any kind of conflict and action being involved.

It also doesn't help that even when Serena competes , her crush and feelings for Ash largely affect her actions with her own dreams and interests being heavily tied to it.
Something which wasn't case with May and feelings for Drew or Misty feelings for Ash separating it from their goals and other interests in life.

This just promotes in my opinion bad and heavily antiquated mindset of "females being created to be perfect housewies taking care of house and kids, while man do all the work supporting family".

Hopefully Master class will introduce something more substantial because whole dancing, cooking and dressing up in sparkly outfits isn't all that interesting.At least for me.

It also disappointed me in this episode how rivals Serena has such as any other girl, Jessie or Miette are put in kinda ungrateful role taking away from impact they could leave on main character. Considering how through such format confrontation and showdown between characters in who is more resourceful or skilled isn't even possible to achieve.

With everything being left to audience who may be lead by personal bias when voting, rather than objective criteria(i still think Jessie deserved better results both in Coumarine city and now in Dendemille town investing more effort and creativity than most participants)

Im not gonna lie. I miss days when we had competent girls battling with their pokemon.

Enjoying more in pokemon contest whose battle rounds made them moreinteresting. This applies to type master goals like it was case with Misty as well. Involving exciting battles and having more potential to deliver something out of it(elemental tournaments, mega evolution, ending as E4 apprentice etc).

Perhaps if Yashio gets more influencing on Serena career path delivering some creative development out of it. Such as helping Serena cope with sudden increase in her popularity gaining lot of fans and fearing she may break down due to all that pressure. Could soil ground to deliver enticing way to construct story and develop Serena in acceptable way.

But so far whole pokemon perfoemance and way it has been portrayed in previous and this situation while havfing great visual effects. Just isn't something i could personally be invested in.

I think thats the main difference between a performer and coordinator. as you see performer is more of a model than coordinator. This competition is more like the anime equivalent of real life competitions for companies that are interested in signing female models. And I don't think I saw model competitions mixing males and females before. (Although I believe it exists)

Modeling is just one of the activities that can be selected as theme for the first round of a Pokémon Showcase. It's not always the focus of the Theme Performance and it wasn't the theme used in this particular Showcase. By that logic, saying Performers are like models is just as valid as saying they're like cooks.

I don't know much about model competitions, but aren't these usually promoted by magazines and popular brands or stores? Men's Health certainly wouldn't allow girls to enter their cover model competition and that's fine. There's no prejudice here. But Performers aren't being selected for such a thing. As of now, the writers have yet to provide a reason as for why this kind of competition is exclusive for girls. And if you remember the Hearthome Collection, where there were male and female Pokémon Stylists dressing up their Pokémon, one of the prizes was a photo shoot for the Poké Chic magazine. Even when the writers could have said the magazine was marketed at girls, they didn't and boys were allowed to enter.

Pierre is one. And we have seen him multiple times. They never mentioned if he is a performer but by speculation he should be one.

No. By definition, a Performer is someone who competes in Pokémon Showcases. That's what Shauna explained to Serena in Day Three Blockbusters!. Pierre isn't competing, he serves as the announcer. Even Lilian who was actually seen delivering a performance with her Espeon so as to test the lights of the Saffron City Contest Hall isn't considered a Pokémon Coordinator, and Pierre didn't do as much. The way I see it, you're basically saying an announcer at a sporting event is one of the players, which makes no sense.

I think the Pokemon League will have its fair share of female competitors that will convey the right message. And we have a multitude of female Gym Leaders that are capable battlers.

And Pokepuff is the equivalent of Pokeblocks/Poffins from the games in the anime. Cooking has been a part of the contest ever since Ruby and Sapphire came out. Its a shame that they only started to showcase it now. So the cooking is not to convey that females should learn to cook and become a good wife. Instead its away to improve their relationship and make their Pokemon more appealing.

And the judges for the Pokepuff section is the Pokemons, their trainers is just there to voice out their opinion in human words. So its a little bit off with your 'become a good wife' statement.

Which is excellent for the Pokémon League, but doesn't help Pokémon Showcases at all. I am well aware that we have strong female Gym Leaders and Champions in the show, but it doesn't change the fact that the competition we see one of the main characters dreaming about is sexist. I'm beyond the target audience for this show and I can say the writers messed up when coming up with Serena's goal, but just imagine a ten-year-old boy watching this. Maybe he prefers performances over Gym battles, maybe he thinks putting on a show with these amazing creatures is a lot more fun than battling with them, but he is told by the people writing the show that performances are for women and he should like battles more because that's what boys are supposed to do. It's just wrong and it's one of the million reasons that makes Pokémon Contests infinitely better than Showcases.

No, just no. Pokéblocks and Poffins were introduced as treats that Coordinators would give to their Pokémon to make their fur look better and to motivate them during preparations for a Pokémon Contest. Here, Poké Puff baking is used as a theme. If you failed to produce high quality Pokéblocks, you could just visit Kelly's mother shop in Lilycove City or have someone making them for you. In a Showcase, if a Performer is bad at baking, she is screwed. That means a girl has to know how to cook to enter Pokémon Showcases. They have to be good at cooking, it's the norm.

They can't be compared because May was seen using Pokéblocks to prevent her Munchlax from eating all the food in the world and Dawn would reward her Pokémon with some Poffins for their hard work after their training sessions. They were never judged on their ability to blend Berries or to stir the mixture used to produce Poffins. May won two Contest Ribbons before she even had the chance to use a Berry Blender in her life.

I fail to see how baking Poké Puffs will improve the relationship between Performers and their Pokémon if, like I said earlier in this thread, Pokémon are being used as tools or, worse than that, not being used at all. During the Theme Performance of this Showcase, there was nothing a Performer couldn't have done all by herself, and that's pretty bad for a competition where the purpose it's to showcase Pokémon. This becomes crystal clear when you see how useless Honedge and Swanna were to their Trainers. They just stood there doing nothing, being completely ignored. A shame because there were a lot of people excited to see Honedge in action. And I know the Performers are baking for the judges' Pokémon. I was complaining because they are showing girls cooking in a competition were boys can't enter and I think that's sexist. I thought I had made that clear in my previous post.

As I said above Pierre is obviously into the performing stage. And the activity is not assigned by gender as we will definitely see female competitors in the league.

Again, Pierre is not a Performer, he is an announcer. The Pokémon League allowing boys and girls to compete it's a wonderful thing that has nothing to do with the fact Showcases are for girls only. Activities are being assigned by gender when you have girls cooking and dressing up but doesn't allow boys to do the same.

Its a female model competition, so Ash and Clemont won't be participating. Even if there is a Kalos King competition like I said, no one will go for a detour just to participate that, as the one with the goal related to that (Serena) won't be participating.

As I said, Showcases are not a female model competition. A detour isn't needed when you have seen Ash and his friends coincidentally arriving in a city where a competition is due to take place soon a million times before. Serena doesn't need to be involved, there isn't a clause saying she's contractually obligated to compete in all Pokémon Showcases in the show. Dawn didn't compete in the Arrowroot Contest and we all survived. If Chespin really wanted to compete in a Showcase, Clemont could eventually be convinced to enter. There's how Ash ended up competing in the Jubilife Contest, his Aipom wanted to give Pokémon Contests a try.

I don't know about Braixen, but Slurpuff didn't just bring milk (or whatever that was), it sniffed out the freshest one first.

I know. I was just saying how Pokémon weren't really important for the Theme Performance this time around.

Modeling is just one of the activities that can be selected as theme for the first round of a Pokémon Showcase. It's not always the focus of the Theme Performance and it wasn't the theme used in this particular Showcase. By that logic, saying Performers are like models is just as valid as saying they're like cooks.

Good point. I will rethink about the concept of Tripokalon in my book a bit. Thanks.

I don't know much about model competitions, but aren't these usually promoted by magazines and popular brands or stores? Men's Health certainly wouldn't allow girls to enter their cover model competition and that's fine. There's no prejudice here. But Performers aren't being selected for such a thing. As of now, the writers have yet to provide a reason as for why this kind of competition is exclusive for girls. And if you remember the Hearthome Collection, where there were male and female Pokémon Stylists dressing up their Pokémon, one of the prizes was a photo shoot for the Poké Chic magazine. Even when the writers could have said the magazine was marketed at girls, they didn't and boys were allowed to enter.

Exactly, this is why Tripokalon is a female only competition, because the Company behind the competition (in this case it could be Yashio) dictates the gender of the competition. They just didn't clarify it. But I think it will be a lot later before it will be clarified, but I think if Yashio is behind this, when she talks with Serena we will get more insight of this competition.

No. By definition, a Performer is someone who competes in Pokémon Showcases. That's what Shauna explained to Serena in Day Three Blockbusters!. Pierre isn't competing, he serves as the announcer. Even Lilian who was actually seen delivering a performance with her Espeon so as to test the lights of the Saffron City Contest Hall isn't considered a Pokémon Coordinator, and Pierre didn't do as much. The way I see it, you're basically saying an announcer at a sporting event is one of the players, which makes no sense.

Hmm, I really do hope Pierre is a performer. It would be a shame someone as talented as him relegated to be an announcer only.

Which is excellent for the Pokémon League, but doesn't help Pokémon Showcases at all. I am well aware that we have strong female Gym Leaders and Champions in the show, but it doesn't change the fact that the competition we see one of the main characters dreaming about is sexist. I'm beyond the target audience for this show and I can say the writers messed up when coming up with Serena's goal, but just imagine a ten-year-old boy watching this. Maybe he prefers performances over Gym battles, maybe he thinks putting on a show with these amazing creatures is a lot more fun than battling with them, but he is told by the people writing the show that performances are for women and he should like battles more because that's what boys are supposed to do. It's just wrong and it's one of the million reasons that makes Pokémon Contests infinitely better than Showcases.

Since the company behind the company dictates the terms and conditions of the competition, I don't think its in anyway sexist. Although I understand for you its odd only having females in Tripokalon, but I really couldn't say much about the subject.

No, just no. Pokéblocks and Poffins were introduced as treats that Coordinators would give to their Pokémon to make their fur look better and to motivate them during preparations for a Pokémon Contest. Here, Poké Puff baking is used as a theme. If you failed to produce high quality Pokéblocks, you could just visit Kelly's mother shop in Lilycove City or have someone making them for you. In a Showcase, if a Performer is bad at baking, she is screwed. That means a girl has to know how to cook to enter Pokémon Showcases. They have to be good at cooking, it's the norm.

They can't be compared because May was seen using Pokéblocks to prevent her Munchlax from eating all the food in the world and Dawn would reward her Pokémon with some Poffins for their hard work after their training sessions. They were never judged on their ability to blend Berries or to stir the mixture used to produce Poffins. May won two Contest Ribbons before she even had the chance to use a Berry Blender in her life.

I fail to see how baking Poké Puffs will improve the relationship between Performers and their Pokémon if, like I said earlier in this thread, Pokémon are being used as tools or, worse than that, not being used at all. During the Theme Performance of this Showcase, there was nothing a Performer couldn't have done all by herself, and that's pretty bad for a competition where the purpose it's to showcase Pokémon. This becomes crystal clear when you see how useless Honedge and Swanna were to their Trainers. They just stood there doing nothing, being completely ignored. A shame because there were a lot of people excited to see Honedge in action. And I know the Performers are baking for the judges' Pokémon. I was complaining because they are showing girls cooking in a competition were boys can't enter and I think that's sexist. I thought I had made that clear in my previous post.

While I agree performers should be given a chance if they don't know baking, baking Pokepuff just isn't cooking. The main difference is shown through out the XY saga with Clemont being the main cook of the group. Serena is good at baking, although she made cookies and macaroons once, mostly its Pokepuffs. Pokepuffs are edible for human just like pet foods in general in our world (fun fact: dog food however has an incredibly high amount of zinc and over consumption (who does it anyways) may lead to zinc poisoning, but then, I heard they are incredibly delicious at the same time), but they are for Pokemon. Its less towards cooking and more towards taking care of Pokemon.

Baking Pokepuff may not help with the relationship between the performer and Pokemon, but the resulting products do. In the episode Miette debuts its shown that Serena was able to understand Fennekin's preference and made the Pokepuff. And you can clearly see that Fennekin is happy when eating the Pokepuff.

About the 'I was complaining because they are showing girls cooking in a competition were boys can't enter and I think that's sexist.' I think its your opinion. Although I do not agree with it at all. The premise of it was it is a female only competition, and cooking just happens to be a part of it.

Honedge and Swanna are shown is static images during the Pokepuff section if I am not mistaken. Ghost types are repeatedly seen to be able to hold items via psychic force. I don't see how Honedge and Swanna are useless, but I do agree they only serve to bring materials to their trainer during the section.

May only seeing a berry blender so late just make me feel that its a missed opportunity to introduce one of the game mechanics. But I admit it worked well without it too.

As I said, Showcases are not a female model competition. A detour isn't needed when you have seen Ash and his friends coincidentally arriving in a city where a competition is due to take place soon a million times before. Serena doesn't need to be involved, there isn't a clause saying she's contractually obligated to compete in all Pokémon Showcases in the show. Dawn didn't compete in the Arrowroot Contest and we all survived. If Chespin really wanted to compete in a Showcase, Clemont could eventually be convinced to enter. There's how Ash ended up competing in the Jubilife Contest, his Aipom wanted to give Pokémon Contests a try.

Ay, I agree with this. The writers could change their mind and let us enjoy a Kalos King episode as they coincidentally arrive at a town with the competition holding. So its just the matter of if the writers care to make them do that. (But I personally think they wouldn't)

Last edited:
Everybody is saying Performances are sexist, but I see it in a different light. First of all, we know that Serena is a girly girl, someone who loves fashion, baking, and dancing. She's also one of the few individuals that isn't suited for battling, so there is no reason for her to battle. Showcases, however, IMO, are just there for girls who don't like to battle very much and want to compete in a different way based on their interests. However, I do agree that Pokemon are used as tools because all they ended up doing were stirring flour and getting milk while the person bakes. The only time Pokemon are needed are in the dancing round, which is really sad. However, that's just my opinion. Also, since there are only four ranks in total, I highly doubt Serena would need a full team of six, four or five is enough for master rank.

However, I do agree that Pokemon are used as tools because all they ended up doing were stirring flour and getting milk while the person bakes.

I don't think that means they were "used as tools". Replace the Pokemon with human friends of the performer, and would you say the same thing? Probably not. A baker's/chef's assistants aren't tools, they're assistants. Also, someone has to take the lead.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom