• Snowy finds a Gym Leader lurking in a mine. Watch here as he faces off against Marnie and prepares to battle against Kabu.

PREVIEW: XY081: Satoshi Leaps Through Time! Rotom's Wish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Title: Satoshi Leaps Through Time! Rotom's Wish!
Airs: July 9

Here is a summary of the episode.

As Ash continues his journey, he stops by a hotel that's gone completely to ruins inside and feels rather weird. After recomposing himself, he spots a battlefield in the basement where a man named Mantle that uses Pokémon as gambling chips. And it seems Ash is getting dragged into a gambling battle as well...?

Last edited:
怪しいことも何一つない。
Reaction score
Oh Lord, not more time-travel...

Nah, not possible.
Reaction score
Ooh, time travel. A surefire way to make everything more confusing! Well, this is the Pokemon anime, they might have to try much harder to get that to happen.

Reaction score
I have a feeling the dub will handle it heavily or ban it (kids shouldn't know about gambling). Plus how did he time travel? Did Clemont build a time machine or did Ash encounter Celebi again?

Vestjysk Gimpe
Reaction score
I laughed so hard at the title and thought they were doing a reference to a certain movie.

Seems not, but major laughs anyway. Sounds like a trippy episode, can't wait!

Something
Reaction score
Bizarre but interesting summary. Maybe Satoshi loses his Pokémon here and goes back in time to stop himself? lol

Also @Playerking; I'd appreciate it if you cited translators. Just a recognisable name is fine.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!!
Reaction score
This episode's hotel seems to be based off of the Lost Hotel, which is located between Dendemille Town and Anistar City.

Rotom can be found in the garbage cans at the Lost Hotel on Tuesdays.

Something
Reaction score
Maybe Rotom is one of the Pokémon won in a bet. If you're a professional and you win so many Pokémon surely you'd not want to keep them all? Seems like a sad fate and possible motive for helping Satoshi if my earlier speculation is correct.

Moe

Reaction score
Rotom would be rather useless in the past as well - given most of the appliances it turns itself into wouldn't have been invented yet.

Reaction score
Maybe this episode for movie but still episode
Because rotom can't play in time or maybe to make ash catch rotom

Reaction score
This sounds pretty edgy already. In fact the synopsis seemed so far-fetched that I believed it was just a hoax, until I read it here. I still wonder how the title has anything to do with it... perhaps when he "recomposes himself" he actually wakes up in another timeline or something?

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!!
Reaction score
@Playerking
The airdate is July 9th.

Maybe this episode for movie but still episode
Because rotom can't play in time or maybe to make ash catch rotom
It's unlikely. M17 was released before XY036 (the episode in which Ash's Fletchling evolved into Fletchinder) aired in Japan, and M17 still had Fletchinder in it. Conversely, this episode is airing before M18.

Last edited:
X vs Y=Best 4 Business
Reaction score
I'm genuinly confused, there's so much going on but at the same time really intrigued by the unpedictibility of this episode, and hey ash is doing bad stuff anything bad done by him is welcome by me.

Last edited:
This turned out kind of prophetic...
Reaction score
You can already smell the edits! :eek:

Still kudos to XY for once again giving the TV Show a bit of an edge (for it anyway) :)

X vs Y=Best 4 Business
Reaction score
I wonder what does rotom has to do with the time travel(if there is any)and where the hell are the rest of the gang?

Reaction score
This actually sounds like something worth watching, especially after the Pikachu Bonanza before it.

Reaction score
I understand that Rotom is popular, but it's rather annoying that he gets an episode focused on it every series. I don't think this episode is as unpredictable as the other users say, the time travel will be caused by Rotom using a thundershock on something. Remember that they made a new dimension using just a cave of mirrors.

Nah, not possible.
Reaction score
As Ash continues his journey, he stops by a hotel that's gone completely to ruins inside and feels rather weird. After recomposing himself, he spots a battlefield in the basement where a man named Mantle that uses Pokémon as gambling chips. And it seems Ash is getting dragged into a gambling battle as well...?
Wait... this guy likes to battle by gambling? And this episode is implied to have something to do with time travel? Time-travel gambling battle... sheesh, I hope Ash knows the rules. Also, everything gambling related is gonna get banned to high heaven. Fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.