• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY081: Satoshi Leaps Through Time! Rotom's Wish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question, but when was the last time a dub was banned (not postponed, I mean completely banned) when the original episode actually aired (in other words, no cancelled episodes)?

I don't in the slightest expect 'gambling' to be anything more than the winner takes the loser's Pokemon - which has been a plot in previous episodes, the first one that came to my mind was You Said a Mouthful, with Team Rocket's plan being that the people who challenge them would be essentially betting their Pokemon on winning.

Obviously the tone will be different here - but it's not a huge departure, certainly not anything that would worry a censor.

Serious question, but when was the last time a dub was banned (not postponed, I mean completely banned) when the original episode actually aired (in other words, no cancelled episodes)?

That would be DP120, because of TPCI's no clipshows policy.

As the user above me said, chances are that the gambling refers to something else other than money, either Pokemon or some random objets. At the most extreme situation, the dub will do some paint edits, but I don't really see them banning the episode.

That would be DP120, because of TPCI's no clipshows policy.

As the user above me said, chances are that the gambling refers to something else other than money, either Pokemon or some random objets. At the most extreme situation, the dub will do some paint edits, but I don't really see them banning the episode.

OK, I completely forgot those even existed. ^^;

Ok this actually sounds interesting. I hope it's written well, it would be beyond amazing if the Pokemon anime could do gambling and addiction justice in a kid friendly way... Almost unimaginably so :p

Maybe Ash wins a random Pokemon off the guy because Rotom doesn't like him, so he helps Ash to win. This is why Ash joins the gambling, because he wants to help Rotom.

Maybe Ash wins a random Pokemon off the guy because Rotom doesn't like him, so he helps Ash to win. This is why Ash joins the gambling, because he wants to help Rotom.

I think that it is related to the movie As I said before because their is a limit of pokemon that can control the time and Rotom not from them

@
Maybe this episode for movie but still episode
Because rotom can't play in time or maybe to make ash catch rotom

It's unlikely. M17 was released before XY036 (the episode in which Ash's Fletchling evolved into Fletchinder) aired in Japan, and M17 still had Fletchinder in it. Conversely, this episode is airing before M18..44773/">

Maybe this episode for movie but still episode
Because rotom can't play in time or maybe to make ash catch rotom

It's unlikely. M17 was released before XY036 (the episode in which Ash's Fletchling evolved into Fletchinder) aired in Japan, and M17 still had Fletchinder in it. Conversely, this episode is airing before M18.
@

No, no, I meant like it has episode and before finish this episode, they will talk about case and this case will complete in the movie as Detective Conan now. Before Detective Conan's Movie related to episodes in sometimes and Not related to episodes in sometimes, However now they do like what i said to you now about this point : it has episode and before finish this episode, they will talk about case and this case will complete in the movie so maybe the same with rotom's episodes

Last edited:
It's possible that Ash is gonna change the past(Just like Ritchie, May and Meowth did), despite the fact he's not supposed to change the past in any circumstance or it will permanently alter the future, and you know that an alternate future usually has terrible and unpredictable consequences. Although the consequences didn't happen after Ritchie and May, and Meowth changed the past.

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto
Clemont: Yūki Kaji
Bonnie: Mariya Ise
Serena: Mayuki Makiguchi
Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani
Dedenne: Megumi Satō
Yolton: Mitsuru Ogata
Mantle: Kenta Miyake
Subordinate A: Kōtarō Nishiyama
Subordinate B: Tsuguo Mogami
Referee: Takahiro Miyake
Rotom: Kiyotaka Furushima
Krookodile: Kensuke Satō

Here are two new summaries courtesy of Dephender.

A Rotom they encounter in a worn-down hotel takes Ash and Pikachu through time! Everyone works together to save the Rotom's partner!

Battles where Pokémon are used as gambling chips take place at a worn-down hotel Ash and his friends visit. The owner, Mantle, challenges Ash to a battle where he'll have to bet Pikachu. However, a Rotom comes to Ash's rescue. The Rotom leads him into an elevator, but there's something off about it... and when they get off, they find themselves in the past!

I think that it is related to the movie As I said before because their is a limit of pokemon that can control the time and Rotom not from them

Eh, we've seen that the anime can do whatever it wants. I'm betting that the elevator is actually a time machine, and Rotom just happened to power it.

Eh, we've seen that the anime can do whatever it wants. I'm betting that the elevator is actually a time machine, and Rotom just happened to power it.

Well, you have a point, but how they will do that is the question

I've seen some pretty weird methods of time travel. Out of the giant magical eyes, modified cars, and a hot tub, an elevator that just so happens to be activated by a Rotom's presence would not surprise me at all.

I've seen some pretty weird methods of time travel. Out of the giant magical eyes, modified cars, and a hot tub, an elevator that just so happens to be activated by a Rotom's presence would not surprise me at all.

So I told you have a point my friend bucause i saw many animes includes pokemon too who do this, but I have a point too when i said maybe it relate to the movie and I have new reason for that: this episode before the week of the movie and talk about throught time and the korin no chou majin hoopa also talk about transporting throught time and something like this

So Me and You My friend both of us have a point

^^ first before everything, I am glad for nice discusstion my friend without harming

So I told you have a point my friend bucause i saw many animes includes pokemon too who do this, but I have a point too when i said maybe it relate to the movie and I have new reason for that: this episode before the week of the movie and talk about throught time and the korin no chou majin hoopa also talk about transporting throught time and something like this

So Me and You My friend both of us have a point

Last edited by a moderator:
Preview
- Ash and co. enter through some doors in a building.
- A Krookodile and Pangoro are battling eachother.
- Rotom turns into Motor Rotom.

[video=youtube;59zjLUlvRb0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59zjLUlvRb0[/video]

^ Well, that tells us a big fat nothing - thanks, TV Tokyo :-/

^ Well, that tells us a big fat nothing - thanks, TV Tokyo :-/

Hahaha TV Tokyo is laughing righ now, just wait till Sunday.

So yeah Rotom elevator and time. Maybe the guy is the rotom's trainer, or something and rotom wants him back to his old self. Ash goes back in time and sets the kid right, or something

At least it looks like a Rocket free episode with other bad guys causing trouble. Always a nice change of pace.

Get TV Preview
- Ash and co. run towards the Lost Hotel at night.
- Krookodile uses dig to attack Pangoro.
- Rotom possesses an elevator.

[video=youtube;0ocxgz9rMkY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ocxgz9rMkY[/video]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom