• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY082: The Pumpjin Festival! Farewell, Bakeccha!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be slightly amusing if she released Pumpkaboo, only to get its evolved form

And it would be pretty unnecessary. Why release a Pokemon, only to get the same one's evolved form? That's why I'm almost positive that Jessie will keep the same one and I think a release is out of the question considering that a Gourgeist is in the current ending and the upcoming Movie Short. Why would appear in those two things if she only has a Gourgeist for one episode?

Catches a Gourgesit, then Pumpkaboo gets jealous then runs away forever, to be with Weezing and Arbok.

I hope this makes it even more competent of a battler. I love the evolution line~

I don't really consider Bakeccha (or, in fact, any of Team Rocket's Pokemon) to be incompetent battlers. It's just a case of Satoshi and friends being better trainers.

Last edited:
Praise the Lord!!!
I never thought I'd see the day when a TR pokemon (let alone Bakeccha) would get its own episode in which to evolve!

And what miracle is this?! Musashi gets two episodes in twenty! Gone are the days where she got focus once every 5 years...

Praise the Lord!!!
I never thought I'd see the day when a TR pokemon (let alone Bakeccha) would get its own episode in which to evolve!

And what miracle is this?! Musashi gets two episodes in twenty! Gone are the days where she got focus once every 5 years...

Actually, even with only one focus episode she's already had more than she ever got in Best Wishes.

I'm gonna miss Pumpkaboo's "cha cha cha~"...

I hope this makes it even more competent of a battler. I love the evolution line~

I don't really consider Bakeccha (or, in fact, any of Team Rocket's Pokemon) to be incompetent battlers. It's just a case of Satoshi and friends being better trainers.

Well that's nice to know. I never said it was incompetent, I just stated that I hope it becomes even more capable than it already is in battle after evolution.

Praise the Lord!!!

Actually, even with only one focus episode she's already had more than she ever got in Best Wishes.
Or AG...

Here is an image from the episode.

img_next150723.jpg

img_next150723.jpg

What a picture xD

I'm very curious how they will handle Pumpkaboos evolution.
My favorite scenario would be a trade and trade-back between Jessie and James in order to evolve it on purpose (reminds me of the games). I don't think we have seen a trade like this in the anime before and since the title of the episode indicates there is a Pumpjin-festival going on, Jessie could easily learn how to evolve her Pumpkaboo from another trainer. Maybe that's all the festival is about? Traiding Pumpkaboos to evolve them to Gourgeists? That would be a bit to straightforward for my taste, since Pumpkaboos evolution should be something special and not overshadowed by others.

But then again, the "Farewell" in the title wouldn't fit this plot, so maybe she is really thinking about traiding it away, or we will get a Wobbuffet-trade-reference.

img_next150723.jpg
Are.
You.
Frickin.
Kidding.
Me.

I NEED SOME SPOILERS FOR THIS EPISODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Any other episode I'd be full of joy at Pikoduck :p)

Here is a new image from the episode.

i7kCL0S.png

Here is a summary of the episode courtesy of Dephender.

Ash and friends participate in the "Gourgeist Festival" being held in a town they're visiting, which is a festival where Pokemon dress up in costumes. However, the festival gets attacked by a horde of Gourgeist commanded by a mysterious old man. The horde also ends up abducting Chespin, who's currently disguised as a Pikachu.

Serena: "There's a Pumpdjinn Festival going on in town! You dress up in costumes and exchange candy!"
Eureka: "We've just gotta trade a bunch of candy!"
Musashi: "Now's our chaaaaance! Let's get Pikachu while nobody's looking."
Kojirou: "Musashi, there's a strange guy who seems to have business with us."
Musashi: "Huh!? Prince Bakeccha? A castle!? A feast!?"
Nyasu: "Next time on Pocket Monsters XY..."
Rocket Trio: "The Pumpdjinn Festival!"
Musashi: "Farewell Bakeccha!?"

Thank you. And one more time, who is saying "Get Pokemon, Everyone!" at the end?

Looks to me like Jessie's Pumpkaboo is going to evolve
preview19_small.png
preview10_small.png

That's Jessie's hand putting a Pokeball in what I assume is some form of trading device

Those Pokémon-based outfits needs to be made available in the real world.

Preview
- Ash and co. and Team Rocket are all dressed up in Pokemon costumes.
- Jessie's Pumpkaboo meets a Small Size Pumpkaboo.
- A Gourgeist fires a Shadow Ball at Ash's Pikachu.
- Jessie trades her Pumpkaboo for the Small Smize Pumpkaboo.

[video=youtube;Ws31ITJhVIE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws31ITJhVIE[/video]

Thank you. And one more time, who is saying "Get Pokemon, Everyone!" at the end?

Team Rocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom