• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY086: Photo Op on Fire! Snap the Legend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: XY085: Moltes in Focus! Snap the Legend!!

I bet no one in their right minds could've possibly imagine fletchinder's evolution during a fight against a f***ing moltress, talonflame is on the road to be the best bird of all without a doubt.

Ash jumping into lava to save talonflame might be the dangerous thing he's done yet.

So this Fletchinder will evolve in a battle against a Moltres? That's... pretty hardcore. Huh. I've always liked Talonflame, but wow.

Looking forward to this episode!! Can't wait to see Fletchinder evolve!!

This is weird. The Eevee episode airs after this one, right? M18's short shows Serena's Eevee but with Ash's Fletchinder intact, and yet Fletchinder evolves into Talonflame before Serena catches Eevee? I guess this means the current ending, M18, and its short go against anime continuity.

On another note, I am glad Trevor is finally making an appearance here, although I certainly don't like him playing second fiddle to Ash. I also don't like this being a "repeat" of the Todd Snap-Articuno arc.

It may just be me, but those almost look like Noibat's ears in the second picture.

It's Moltres. Only Moltres has that tuft of hair on the top of its head like that.

Lol more like a repeat of the Moltres episode with Ritchie.

I'm glad this is happening. In the games, you can catch Moltres if your starter is Froakie. Ash got a Froakie as his Kalos starter, so this is quite accurate to the games here (moreso if Articuno appears for Clemont and Zapdos for Serena).

I'm glad this is happening. In the games, you can catch Moltres if your starter is Froakie. Ash got a Froakie as his Kalos starter, so this is quite accurate to the games here (moreso if Articuno appears for Clemont and Zapdos for Serena).

Me as well. This also adds to Ash's Pokemon who have gone up against a legendary, and the regional bird no less. I'm sorry Staraptor, but you may have to move over for Fletchinder/Talonflame.

Also more trivia: This will be Ash's second time battling a member of the Legendary Bird Trio with a Fire/Flying type Pokemon :3

A battle against Moltres is a great way for Fletchinder to evolve.

Ampharos King said:
an ending that is supposed to be based off of the M18 short?

It isn't though.

The pokemon in Pikachu and the Pokemon Band don't wear the cute outfits we see in the ending theme.
The Pikachu short takes place entirely outside in some forest somewhere, not onstage inside some theater.
None of the stars or giant musical instruments we see in the ending are in the actual short.

The only similarities between the two is the fact that both use the song Gao Gao All-Stars.

Cool bit of trivia but this will actually be the first time a Pokemon evolves whilst battling against a legendary, I gotta say that's pretty impressive for the regional bird to be the first one to do it as well, not a starter.

Talonflame evolves only to be beaten by Moltes and have Ash catched him mid-air? Not cool.

Here is a new image from the episode.

img_next150827.jpg

I see Fletchinder poking it's head between Bonnie and Ash, I'm just thinking this is one of those episodes where the focus Pokemon is outside it's Poke Ball for a seemingly minor reason, just like Luxio and Goodra before.

Not that it matters that much because Talonflame, but still...

HkI0Ym6.png

Here is a new summary of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

As they continue their journey, Ash and friends meet Trevor again. He's here to take a photo of the legendary Pokémon Moltres at the nearby volcano."
Top Blurb: "Trevor shows the group the photos he's taken. Are they good?"
Bottom Blurb: "Moltres appears! A perfect chance to get it in focus!" ("We found it!")

I see Fletchinder poking it's head between Bonnie and Ash, I'm just thinking this is one of those episodes where the focus Pokemon is outside it's Poke Ball for a seemingly minor reason, just like Luxio and Goodra before.

Not that it matters that much because Talonflame, but still...

Unless Ash does some training with it or it's out in order to help Trevor find Moltres.

In any case, there is some kind of continuity error since both Fletchinder and Eevee appear together in the ending, which is odd. Like, continuity aside, why spoil one thing and not the other ?_?

I could be wrong, but I dont recall Moltres ever appearing in-person in the main series anime ever before (obviously this does not include chronicles). It's nice for Ash to finally get to meet it in person...canonically. ...wait they referenced M2 in the anime...*closes can of worms*

Now we just need a Raikou episode pls I want my wittle thundah tiger :3

In any case, there is some kind of continuity error since both Fletchinder and Eevee appear together in the ending, which is odd. Like, continuity aside, why spoil one thing and not the other ?_?

I could be wrong, but I dont recall Moltres ever appearing in-person in the main series anime ever before (obviously this does not include chronicles). It's nice for Ash to finally get to meet it in person...canonically. ...wait they referenced M2 in the anime...*closes can of worms*

Moltres appeared in the Indigo league. You could argue it wasn't a technical appearance, but I'd argue that they did what they did to keep Moltres more of a "mystery" as opposed to it being a symbolic appearance.

As for Fletchinder and Eevee being in the ending, well they wanted to foreshadow a capture, and on top of that Eevee made sense. I'm not sure if Talonflame would've worked in the ending as properly as Fletchinder did, because Talonflame is pretty bulky for a bird in comparison to Fletchinder and I'm not sure it would work wearing clothes as Fletchinder did.

Plus I think they were really just trying to spoil a team change for Serena, while Ash went through some major changes, I feel like they didn't also want to spoil Talonflame, especially after the release of Goodra and capture of Noibat.

Eevee might not be a captured Pokemon in the ending, so that means that there could be no continuity error and as Dman said, Moltres has appeared before. About the episode itself, I'm glad that Fletchinder will be evolving while battling a Legendary Pokemon and I hope it learns a new move. I kind of hope that it learns another Fire type one.

Scenes shown in endings are not in cannon. Maybe Fletchinder's evolution was planned to take place after Eevee's evolution and they swapped the episodes? Maybe they just wanted to keep some surprises back?

Either way, what a great evolution! Ash's birds seem to always evolve battling other flyers; Fearow, Dustox, Honchkrow, Swanna, but my my they are making this one stick out. I love how Fletchinder has been handled. It's my favourite of all the Kalos main character's pokemon!

Will Alain Appear here?...... when Ash jumps into lava, Alain sends his Charizard to save them and then the interaction between two them take place????.....just a theory

Last edited:

Will Alain Appear here?...... when Ash jumps into lava, Alain sends his Charizard to save them and then the interaction between two them take place????.....just a theory

I can't imagine WHY the producers of the Anime, would want Alain to appear in the main series before Mega Evolution Act IV, it honestly doesn't make much sense to me.

I've always believed Mega Evolution Act IV would be the last mega evolution Act as a way to tie it in the main series, and just give a lot of these characters some background stories, and how the Mega Evolution acts worked with each other, leading to the stories and episodes in the main series.

I suppose if Mega Evolution Act IV isn't the last one, then I suppose Alain could theoretically appear in this episode, would still feel weird about it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom