• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY086: Photo Op on Fire! Snap the Legend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: XY085: Moltes in Focus! Snap the Legend!!

I wonder what move talonflame will learn upon evolving, brave bird and flair blitz are likely candidates but I'd prefer brave bird, if it learns flair blitz it will definatly forget flame charge which is it's valueable asset, so i's go with brave bird.

Will Alain Appear here?...... when Ash jumps into lava, Alain sends his Charizard to save them and then the interaction between two them take place????.....just a theory

Nothing implies that. We would've known by now if he was showing up here. :x

This makes me wonder, since Ash's Kalos Starter is Froakie and he is battling Moltres (which you can only encounter in X/Y when you choose Froakie), does that mean that Serena will battle Zapdos (Fennekin) and Clemont battles Articuno (Chespin)?

This makes me wonder, since Ash's Kalos Starter is Froakie and he is battling Moltres (which you can only encounter in X/Y when you choose Froakie), does that mean that Serena will battle Zapdos (Fennekin) and Clemont battles Articuno (Chespin)?
We can but dream! (Can you imagine Serena battling a legendary though? :p)

We can but dream! (Can you imagine Serena battling a legendary though? :p)

Well, Serena has gotten better at battling, but perhaps, if not battling, then maybe she can befriend or just encounter it?

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto
Clemont: Yūki Kaji
Bonnie: Mariya Ise
Serena: Mayuki Makiguchi
Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani
Fletchinder: Yuka Terasaki
Dedenne: Megumi Satō
Jessie: Megumi Hayashibara
James: Shin'ichirō Miki
Meowth: Inuko Inuyama
Wobbuffet: Yuji Ueda
Talonflame: Kiyotaka Furushima
Trevor: Minami Fujii
Moltres: Kensuke Satō

Here are two new summaries of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

Ash and his friends search for the legendary Pokémon Moltres together with Trevor. They get into major trouble when Team Rocket get in their way, or at least they think they do, but then some strange cry is...?

Ash and the others reunite with Trevor aims to become a Pokémon Photo Collector, and tells them he's come here because he's heard a rumour that the legendary Pokémon Moltres can be found at the nearby volcano. Ash and Pikachu get really excited too! Imagine maybe getting to meet a legendary Pokémon! They all set off searching for Moltres together, but get into major trouble when Team Rocket interrupts! Will Ash and the others manage to meet Moltres?

Am I the only one getting annoyed with Team Rocket featuring in episodes, this could be a good one without them

Team Rocket make every episode better. I'm so glad that they will appear here!

Last edited:

The TRio should appear in every episode!!!!!!!!!!! I have no doubt that this episode will be enhanced by their presence :-D :-D :-D

Preview
- Ash battles against Trevor.
- Ash's Fletchinder battle Trevor's Charmeleon.
- Ash's Fletchinder battles against a Moltres.
- Ash's Fletchinder begins to evolve.

[video=youtube;ZrPX-qhM278]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrPX-qhM278[/video]

This concept between Ash vs Trevor of 'fighting fire-with-fire' thing has complementing the plot itself :D

I honestly thought they couldn't top the Fletchinder evolution, but they've somehow managed to here. :O

And Frogadier's there too, nice.

Preview
- Ash battles against Trevor.
- Ash's Fletchinder battle Trevor's Charmeleon.
- Ash's Fletchinder battles against a Moltres.
- Ash's Fletchinder begins to evolve.

[video=youtube;ZrPX-qhM278]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrPX-qhM278[/video]

THAT'S the preview, really TV Tokyo/anime producers, you decided to choose the most lackluster parts outside of Fletchinder vs Charmeleon and one small shot of Fletchinder glowing and the voice over.

You already revealed Talonflame, would it have killed you to show off Talonflame for like half a second?

Speaking of Fletchinder vs Charmeleon, what does Noibat not exist Ash? You couldn't bother to waste time training Noibat, because you know you caught it way TOO late especially as an egg Pokemon?

Despite the fairly boring preview, which was basically nothing outside of the few bits I've mentioned, I'm still looking forward to this episode, and seeing Fletchinder evolve. I pray that the Get TV preview is more exciting. Because I sure as hell want to be more hyped about this episode, and the preview fails for me. The only thing hyping the episode for me, is the just the simple fact that Fletchinder is going to evolve.

Had Noibat been seen in the preview, as in actually being trained by Ash along with Fletchinder, and maybe if we saw a half second of Talonflame (not falling into Lava), or maybe if we didn't see Fletchinder's evolution in such a weird zoomed out perspective, maybe that would've been more hype. I feel like whoever created the preview decided to just throw something random up: Charmeleon vs Fletchinder, some bits with Moltres and Fletchinder, and a zoomed out shot of Fletchinder evolving, there you go, there's your preview, don't bother me since I didn't want to make this preview anyway.

Oh well, Fletchinder's still going to evolve.

A Legendary, a recurring rival, AND an evolution? Is there a buffet too?

(If only we had a guest villain it would be perfect!)

I see a big (and quite obvious) parallel between Fletchling vs Talonflame and Fletchinder vs Moltres. From this, I can say that Ash's Fletchling/Fletchinder evolves under these two conditions:

1) Facing off another Fire/Flying-type Pokémon that is bigger and more powerful than it.
2) Being engulfed in flames.

If one sees closely, one can see Team Rocket being present when Moltres appears, so there's a possibility they could witness Fletchinder's evolution and Frogadier will pull has from the volcano using his frubbles....but seriously, if TR interrupts this battle, this episode would lose it's charm...

The evolution looks epic, animation looks pretty, facial expressions are great and I quite like how Trevor is clinging to Ash's arm and their scared faces - glad they got his height right, glad to see his Charmander evolved. I'm just really glad to see Trevor again overall and a pretty evolution.

Am I the only one getting annoyed with Team Rocket featuring in episodes, this could be a good one without them
I don't know why Team Flare must debut so late like this.

Honestly if you replace Team Rocket's potential role in this episode with Team Flare, you'd just get the same annoying battle interruption with a near-zero chance of it being funny.

Get TV Preview
- Trevor shows Ash and co. his photos of Zapdos and Articuno.
- A Moltres is shown in Trevor's fantasy.
- One of Clemont's inventions goes out of control and chases Ash and co., including Trevor and his Charmeleon.
- Ash and co. and Team Rocket watch fire erupt from the volcano.

[video=youtube;UzhxTPS_9Uc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzhxTPS_9Uc[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom