• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY086: Photo Op on Fire! Snap the Legend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
XY086: Moltes in Focus! Snap the Legend!!
Airs: August 27

Here are some images from the episode.

WsZsYvT.png
awuYkfz.png
5UKgHmW.png

Here are some summaries from this episode courtesy of Dephender.

Trevor has heard a rumor about there being a Moltres near a volcano. Together with Ash and his friends, he goes to search for it, but the group gets attacked by Team Rocket!

The legendary Pokémon Moltres appears!!
The legendary Pokémon Moltres shows itself before Ash and his friends! Fletchinder desperately stands up to Moltres, which is capable of controlling flames exactly as it wishes!!

Fletchinder
Specializes in speed and can blow embers from its beak! It's Ash's trusty partner!!

Moltres
A legendary Pokémon with wings made of burning flames! Apparently you can get burned just by being around it!?

Moltres' secret will be revealed on the next page:

Pokémon Photo Collector Trevor is on fire: Here's his explanation of why Moltres is so amazing!

Let Trevor, collector or photographs of rare Pokémon, explain about Moltres in an easy-to-understad manner!
Trevor: A friend of Ash's who journeys through the Kalos region. When he starts talking about Pokémon, there's no stopping him!!

Point 1: It is a legendary Pokémon equal to Zapdos and Articuno!
Moltres is a legendary Pokémon said to exist in the Kanto region! These Pokémon very rarely show themselves before people, but I have still someho managed to take photos o two of them!!
Zapdos: A legendary Pokémon that can control electricity! It's said to live inside thunderclouds.
Articuno: Said to appear before people lost and trapped on snowy mountains. It's that rare.

Point 2: It's so overwhelmingly beautiful it completely steals people's hearts!!
Its Fire and Flying type moves are intense, but above all I'll point to its incredibly beauty! It'd fascinate absolutely everyone! That's a legendary Pokémon for you!

Is Moltres somewhere on this blazing volcano!?
Many people have seen a Moltres-like Pokémon here on Mt. Ardres! I'll definitely take a picture of that third Pokémon as well!!

Even Ash is overcome by surprise...!!

Moltres finally appears from the very magma of the volcano! Its aura is so incredible even Ash and his friends are at a loss for words!!

Fletchinder is in huge trouble!!

It seems we might have ended up angering the quietly resting Moltres! Ash's Fletchinder seemingly manages to make a clean getaway, but...

Re: XY085: Moltes in Focus! Snap the Legend!!

Hmm...

-Trevor appears, obviously wanting to take a picture of Moltres.
-His Charmander has evolved.
-Looks like Fletchinder battles Moltres.
-That picture in the bottom right corner of the second...um, picture...I don't suppose it's another "evolving in the middle of a fire" thing like when Fletchling evolved, is it? Unless it's just Moltres freaking out.

It may just be me, but those almost look like Noibat's ears in the second picture.

I think Noibat's gonna evolve from what that pic shows

I don't think Noibat's going to evolve here. Maybe Noibat is just behind Moltres because that does look like Moltres's beak to me in that image.

INB4 Pokemon Snap 2 feat. Trevor as the main protagonist

I'd expect Talonflame more then Noivern at this point if we get an evolution, Fletchinder seems to be the focus and I could see that being used as a way to get it to evolve.

Anyway, interesting that Trevor's finally showing up, it's been a long while since we've seen him.

Ash's Fletchinder will evolve into Talonflame in this episode.

[video=youtube;UHAdDhCtJPo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHAdDhCtJPo[/video]

Last edited:

This is weird. The Eevee episode airs after this one, right? M18's short shows Serena's Eevee but with Ash's Fletchinder intact, and yet Fletchinder evolves into Talonflame before Serena catches Eevee? I guess this means the current ending, M18, and its short go against anime continuity.

On another note, I am glad Trevor is finally making an appearance here, although I certainly don't like him playing second fiddle to Ash. I also don't like this being a "repeat" of the Todd Snap-Articuno arc.

It may just be me, but those almost look like Noibat's ears in the second picture.

It's Moltres. Only Moltres has that tuft of hair on the top of its head like that.

Well after seeing the preview, i am pumped up by the action going on in the episodes......

Holy shit! Moltres is in the show? Oh man, I wish the moves it'll use are as good as the reputation. What a wonderful way to evolve Fletchinder either.

A Legendary Pokemon, a recurring character, and an evolution, oh my!

Awesome episode. Brilliant way to evolve Fletchinder with the appearence of Moltres. And also a great way to focus more on Talonflame's fire power from now on.
Although, I have to say that when Ash tried to save Talonflame in the preview, it seemed kind of smaller than I thought it would be. :p

I guess this will be the second episode in which a legendary appears and a pokemon evolves the first being way back in johto....i guess so...

It also happened in Sleepless in Pre-Battle, a Sinnoh episode.

Trevor finally comes back! Articuno and Zapdos get cameos! Fletchinder evolves in a cool (hot?) and interesting way! A good episode in my eyes so far.

I don't think the battle will have a result, Moltres will forfeit after seeing Talonflame's determination or something like that.

This is weird. The Eevee episode airs after this one, right? M18's short shows Serena's Eevee but with Ash's Fletchinder intact, and yet Fletchinder evolves into Talonflame before Serena catches Eevee? I guess this means the current ending, M18, and its short go against anime continuity.

I will say it again: Eevee doesn't appear in the movie, nor in the short.

Key words: "based off of". Logical conclusion: She caught Eevee after the movie/short takes place. Then again the movies have arguably never concretely taken place in-canon (which is a debate for another thread) so does it really matter?

Finally, Talonflame enters! and the episode looks awesome :D I think Noibat should appear in this ep. as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom