• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY087: Eureka the Caretaker! The Spoiled Chigoras!!

Why didn't you like what you saw by the way? It wasn't out of character for TR.
I agree that it wasn't out of character. However, just because I love the TRio doesn't mean I love everything they do. Stealing pokemon is part of their job description but attempted murder isn't and it's a bit too far outside of my personal moral compass for me to allow to pass without comment.

This is a kid show, this is NOT a real attempt of murder, get electrocuted by thousands of volts, fall from the sky does not kill, the proof is that the team rocket trio is still alive after suffering much worse than Eureka, did you finally understood?

Commit murders is not a part of my moral code also, I really hate from all my heart this kind of action (and I hate the horror movies because I'm so much sensitive) So, if I would consider one second the trio like murderers I suppose I could no longer love them anymore but they can still "hurt" (not killing really) as they want the twerps group for me because they suffer a lot because of them.

I separate the things in my mind. The Pokémon world is not the same as real life. It's a magical world, like team rocket which changes magically their disguise or which almost flies in the air when they leap or the bandages above the cloths, we must distinguish between the reality and "the world of pokemon"

In more, the TRio already work in exactly the same way in the old episodes and yet they have shown us more than once after they were not psychopaths or real bad people, this is just the villains of the show but not the same kind of characters than Hunter J.

(In more, if the trio hated the twerps to the point of wanting to kill them there would not be this kind of scene -> %u002525255BSOFCJ-Raws%u002525255D%u0025252520Pocket%u0025252520Monsters%u0025252520XY%u00252525.jpg

Last edited:
Why didn't you like what you saw by the way? It wasn't out of character for TR.
I agree that it wasn't out of character. However, just because I love the TRio doesn't mean I love everything they do. Stealing pokemon is part of their job description but attempted murder isn't and it's a bit too far outside of my personal moral compass for me to allow to pass without comment.
Ok, I get it. But then, how do you feel about twerps attempting murder every week on the TRio? Because if we're going to use such strong accusations, that's pretty much what twerps are doing too.

Ok, I get it. But then, how do you feel about twerps attempting murder every week on the TRio? Because if we're going to use such strong accusations, that's pretty much what twerps are doing too.
I mean, it's a fair question :p Personally speaking, I feel very strongly in real life about non-violence, but if I carried that to the Pokemon franchise obviously I couldn't enjoy it one iota, so I have to mute my moral stance quite a lot. This means that most of the violence (and actually anything else which I otherwise wouldn't agree with) gets past my radar because it has to. This particular instance stood out to me for a number of reasons:
1. Eureka is the youngest cast member.
2. Throwing her off was intentional and based on the reactions of the others in that scene, the TRio must have acted knowing that serious harm would come to her.
3. Oohashi wrote it and I abhor everything he writes.

Jez, please understand that this is my personal opinion. I hope my explanation above helped you see my point of view. I appreciate that you disagree but you can't change my mind, thanks.

1. Eureka is the youngest cast member.
2. Throwing her off was intentional and based on the reactions of the others in that scene, the TRio must have acted knowing that serious harm would come to her.
Satoshi was the youngest cast member at many points in the show too and he was found in IDENTICAL situation many times before.
How is throwing off a kid who's like 2 years older any better?

And why twerps' violence gets past your radar? After all they should be the ones who are moral and set an example to the kids...

At least we can agree on this one xD

Satoshi was the youngest cast member at many points in the show too and he was found in IDENTICAL situation many times before.

And why twerps' violence gets past your radar? After all they should be the ones who are moral and set an example to the kids...

No offense, but you're starting to sound like Cori Falls.

Oh lol... well, that's a surprise. Why?
Because I'm trying to show twerps do evil things as well? I'm not sure you're aware what Cori Falls was like. And you're not aware what I'm like. To her, Rockets were poor, innocent, lost souls who were forced to be criminals because they were poor and twerps were bloodlust monsters who were torturing them.

I'm positive I said none of these things. And never thought that. I've simply wondered why it's ok to think that it's fine for the twerps to do the same bad thing as Rockets, because they're the good ones.

Offense taken, by the way. If you don't have any valuable arguments to add to the discussion, please refrain from posting.

Because I'm trying to show twerps do evil things as well? I'm not sure you're aware what Cori Falls was like. And you're not aware what I'm like. To her, Rockets were poor, innocent, lost souls who were forced to be criminals because they were poor and twerps were bloodlust monsters who were torturing them.

I'm positive I said none of these things. And never thought that. I've simply wondered why it's ok to think that it's fine for the twerps to do the same bad thing as Rockets, because they're the good ones.

Offense taken, by the way. If you don't have any valuable arguments to add to the discussion, please refrain from posting.

Okay, fair enough. Comparing you to Cori Falls (however slightly) was going too far. Yes, I do know who Cori Falls was and what a completly hypocritical "TRio and their fans are good; Twerps and their fans are the root of all evil" scumbag she was.

To be honest, I don't overlook bad deeds no matter who does it (that was the reason MLPFiM lost my respect), but I don't overlook good deeds, either. I think whenever the TRio does a bad thing (i.e.: this episode), a blastoff is justified. But in a case like whenever they "stole" wild Pokemon not protected by some game-preserve law, that's not as excusable.

Okay, fair enough. Comparing you to Cori Falls (however slightly) was going too far. Yes, I do know who Cori Falls was and what a completly hypocritical "TRio and their fans are good; Twerps and their fans are the root of all evil" scumbag she was.

To be honest, I don't overlook bad deeds no matter who does it (that was the reason MLPFiM lost my respect), but I don't overlook good deeds, either. I think whenever the TRio does a bad thing (i.e.: this episode), a blastoff is justified. But in a case like whenever they "stole" wild Pokemon not protected by some game-preserve law, that's not as excusable.
Yeah, a blastoff is justified sometimes (it's still not super moral, because it's reacting with violence on violence, but yeah, I get that they must teach them a lesson etc.), but twerps sometimes attack Rockets for no reason, because they think that since it's Rockets, they automatically must be doing something bad (I'm not even talking about cases when they captured a wild pokemon, but for example, when they were simply enjoying lunch). Or they blast them off when they're retreating. But yeah...

I think it's funny you called me Cori Falls, while in the TR fandom I'm one of the few who think the TRio are actually evil. Not to the core of course, but for sure they enjoy doing evil things and by no means they're innocent. When it comes to their morals, I'd say they're neither black or white, they fall into gray area, for most of the time I'd say they're dark grey, but sometimes they get closer to white. They simply do as they please and don't follow any socially acceptable moral norms. But they're sympathetic, funny and have a broad range of emotions that makes them feel human and that's why they're loved by fans.

Slightly... oh well :p

Yeah, a blastoff is justified sometimes (it's still not super moral, because it's reacting with violence on violence, but yeah, I get that they must teach them a lesson etc.), but twerps sometimes attack Rockets for no reason, because they think that since it's Rockets, they automatically must be doing something bad (I'm not even talking about cases when they captured a wild pokemon, but for example, when they were simply enjoying lunch). Or they blast them off when they're retreating. But yeah...

I think it's funny you called me Cori Falls, while in the TR fandom I'm one of the few who think the TRio are actually evil. Not to the core of course, but for sure they enjoy doing evil things and by no means they're innocent. When it comes to their morals, I'd say they're neither black or white, they fall into gray area, for most of the time I'd say they're dark grey, but sometimes they get closer to white. They simply do as they please and don't follow any socially acceptable moral norms. But they're sympathetic, funny and have a broad range of emotions that makes them feel human and that's why they're loved by fans.

Slightly... oh well :p

Saying you're starting to sound like her ≠ calling you her. Still, I will redact that earlier statement.

Anyway, there are times where either side goes too far. It seems like this episode is a case of the TRio going too far, as far as earlier comments here are saying.

Well I grew up as a twerp influenced by the twerps so I suppose I'm numb to it :p

Also, bringing up Cori Falls is never ok.

Well I grew up as a twerp influenced by the twerps so I suppose I'm numb to it :p
Ok, now that makes sense XD I've never liked twerps, so... We're all a little biased when it comes to opinions concerning our fave characters.

Ikr? This is like the worst insult you can use on a TR fan. Btw, she's so 10 years ago... I thought that only old time TR fans/Rocketshippers remember her. I didn't know she was that famous.

Ikr? This is like the worst insult you can use on a TR fan. Btw, she's so 10 years ago... I thought that only old time TR fans/Rocketshippers remember her. I didn't know she was that famous.
Was she still around even in 2005?! I thought she was more like 15 years ago by now :p Tbf I think anyone who brushes slightly under the surface of the Rocketshipping fandom can instantly find out about her infamy/I bet some of her monstrosities are still floating around.

...Imagine this episode written by her haha. Satoshi would have thrown the TRio to their actual (terribly sentimental) deaths!

Was she still around even in 2005?! I thought she was more like 15 years ago by now :p Tbf I think anyone who brushes slightly under the surface of the Rocketshipping fandom can instantly find out about her infamy/I bet some of her monstrosities are still floating around.
I think it was 2005 when she left the fandom totally... But yeah, she was still around 2002-2003 for sure.

...Imagine this episode written by her haha. Satoshi would have thrown the TRio to their actual (terribly sentimental) deaths!
Haha, actually, Ash would do something terrible to Jessie (possibly endangering her life) and James would beat him up to a pulp (explaining the process in details)! xD She actually wrote something like that in one of her fics. Geez, that was so wtf and ooc xD Her fanfics were filled with twerp hartred. Even if I've always hated twerps, that was waaaay too much.

Btw, she's so 10 years ago... I thought that only old time TR fans/Rocketshippers remember her. I didn't know she was that famous.

If only she was never ago...

The Internet tends to always remember the craziest people who ever lived.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom