• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY087: Eureka the Caretaker! The Spoiled Chigoras!!

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
XY087 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Discuss the episode here.

Here is my summary of the episode.

The episode starts with Team Rocket inside a building at night time.

Team Rocket come across a Tyrunt in a glass case.

They open up the glass case and grab the Tyrunt.

Team Rocket run away with the Tyrunt and now they are on top of the building.

James looks up what Tyrunt evolves into on his remote Pokedex device.

Tyrunt uses Flamethrower on Jessie and then it falls from Team Rocket's grasp.

Tyrunt falls into the woods nearby the building that it was kept it.

Bonnie is sleeping and then wakes up.

She takes a walk and stops when she gets to a shallow river.

The Tyrunt lands near Bonnie and Tyrunt is happy when he sees Bonnie.

It is now the morning and Bonnie yells to Ash, Clemont and Serena to wake them up.

Clemont and Ash wake up to a Tyrunt in there tent.

Clemont is pretty scared to see a Tyrunt all of a sudden.

Ash or Serena look up Tyrunt on their Pokedex.

Bonnie starts brushing the Tyrunt.

Tyrunt begins to cry and Bonnie is annoyed that it is pampered.

Bonnie brushes the Tyrunt even more.

Bonnie throws a small pink ball into the air.

She gets Pikachu, Dedenne, Clemont's Bunnelby and the Tyrunt to chase after the ball.

Bonnie then plays a game with the same group of Pokemon.

In this game, the four Pokemon try to hide from Bonnie by going inside some holes in the ground.

Bonnie then takes a walk with Tyrunt, with Dedenne and Bunnelby on Tyrunt's head.

As they walk, Tyrunt suddenly falls into a pitfall in the ground, along with Dedenne and Bunnelby.

Bonnie is shocked the Tyrunt, Dedenne and Bunnelby fell into a pitfall.

There is a net inside the pitfall which traps all of the Pokemon as well as Bonnie.

Clemont is scred because he notices that Bonnie has gone missing.

The Pokemon Quiz: Tyrantrum.

Team Rocket are now standing in front of Bonnie and the Pokemon that she is with.

Bonnie and the Pokemon are still inside the net that Team Rocket captured them in.

Tyrunt bites the net and that creates a hole in the net.

Bonnie and the Pokemon she is with, escape the net.

Jessie then sends out her Gourgeist, followed by James sending out his Inkay.

Bonnie and her fellow Pokemon run away.

Bunnelby creates a hole through the dirt of a small ledge/cliff.

Bonnie and her fellow Pokemon run through it.

Ash's Noibat and Talonflame are searching for Bonnie and Pokemon she has with her.

Bonnie and her fellow Pokemon have now made it out the other side of the wall.

Bonnie asks Bunnelby to dig multiple holes in the ground to trick Team Rocket.

Team Rocket then come across the holes and are confused as to where Bonnie and her fellow Pokemon are.

Team Rocket then find Bonnie and her fellow Pokemon.

Team Rocket chase after Bonnie and the Pokemon.

Ash talks with his Noibat and Talonflame the he used to search with Bonnie.

Bonnie and her fellow Pokemon have escaped Team Rocket and have made it to a river side.

Inkay then comes across Bonnie and her fellow Pokemon.

Bonnie and her fellow Pokemon then run away again and they run up a big rocky structure.

Team Rocket are now in there Meowth Balloon.

They pick up Tyrunt with a robotic hand and Bonnie with another one.

The robotic hand that is holding Bonnie releases her and she starts falling towards the rocky structure bellow her.

Tyrunt then struggles to be released from the robotic hands grasp.

Tyrunt starts to glow light blue as it evolved.

Tyrunt is now a Tyrantrum and now that it is bigger, it has broken out of the robotic hands grasp.

Tyrantrum flies towards Bonnie and safely grabs her.

Tyrantrum lands on the ground safely with Bonnie.

Ash, Serena and Clemont then show up to the rocky structure.

Ash or Serena scan the Tyrantrum with their Pokedex.

Team Rocket then use other robotic hands to try and grab Ash and co.

Ash and Clemont run away from the robotic hands.

The Tyrantrum uses a Fire type attack on Team Rocket and their Meowth Balloon and then the Balloon blows up.

Team Rocket blast off.

Bonnie asks Clemont if he can catch the Tyrantrum, so that Bonnie can care for it.

Clemont says that he will, so he throws a Poke Ball at the Tyrantrum.

The Poke Ball bounces off the Tyrantrum but nothing happens.

Clemont says the reason why the Poke Ball didn't catch it is because it probably already belongs to another Pokemon Trainer.

A jeep type car arrives to where Ash and co. are, with two scientists in it.

They get out of the car and one of them tells Ash and co. that he is the one who is the Tyrantrum's owner.

Serena is talking to Bonnie.

Bonnie has here head lowered and she looks sad that Tyrantrum already has an owner.

One of the scientists holds up a Poke Ball to show Bonnie.

Ash and co. are now at a place where the scientists have taken them to.

They are all in this prehistorical type garden with a building in the middle of it.

Ash and co. are looking at the garden.

There are two Kabuto in the garden which Clemont is happy about.

There are multiple Tyrantrum and Tyrunt nearby.

The scientist who owns the Tyrantrum that Bonnie is friends with sends the same Tyrantrum out.

He has sent it out to meet the Tyrunt and the other Tyrantrum in the garden.

The Tyrantrum that Bonnie is friend with is now with the Tyrunt and the other Tyrantrum.

Bonnie is sad to leave the Tyrantrum that she is friends with and remembers the memories that she has shared with it.

To be continued.

What an adorable episode <3

Another example of why Bonnie would have made a much better female companion, imo. I can't imagine Serena being in that situation and reacting the same way - being resourceful to evade Team Rocket, immediately prepared to battle them, putting herself in harm's way to protect the Pokemon. The way she lept on that capture arm in an attempt to rescue Tyrunt (and nearly getting seriously injured when she fell) was classic Ash behaviour. She even reacted in a mature fashion at the end - once she got over her sadness and accepted that Tyrantrum would be happier where it belonged, with the other Pokemon in that research facility (the part where she gave the scientists her brush :'))

There was something different about the animation, too - eg. occasionally (mostly early on) Serena's hair looked slightly more bouffant that usual to me.

Edit - just remembered this, blatant flipped-shot continuity error with the two scientists in the jeep
460.jpg
518.jpg

Last edited:
Noooooooooo..... WHY? WHY? WHY?

This is not fair! Not fair at all. Bonnie deserves this Tyrantrum. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

(T-T) This is just not fair. Just no....

Who cares about Kabuto??? Who the **** cares? Clemont, this is in no way comforting.

Bonnie showed that if she became a trainer, she can be as insane as Ash. They both love Pokemon at their fullest.

Except TR dropping a kid down from a balloon while smiling, this episode is perfect, PERFECT I say.

This episode completely thrashed my hope for any redemption for TR, the Braixen's stick episode gave me false hopes. But whatever, I don't care about them anymore after watching this episode. Just get lost.

But this is a Bonnie episode, so as usual its a high score, it feels like the writers really do their best in Bonnie episodes. Almost all of them broke the 10/10 ceiling, and this one is no exception. I give this episode a Bonnie/10, as this is probably the only rating that this episode deserves.

That final stern advice, brush and goodbye to Tyrantrum... I will never forget. (T-T) *starts to cry again*

Giving them the brush... and then that final scene.... *cried harder*

This episode got surprisingly emotional at the very end, must have been the touching music.

I was also pleasantly surprised that they were able to give Tyrunt some personality, it was a fun Pokémon. Bonnie rocked once again demonstrating that she can do fine on her own and is capable enough to be a Pokémon Trainer.

And yay for Bunnelby getting more screentime!

This is....the cutest Bonnie episode ever!!

Although Mika Kanai is a veteran voice actress for Pokemon (Doing mainly Pokemon voices like Ash's Bayleef, Iris' Emolga, etc.), this is the first time I've heard her voice used for a human character in Pokemon. Although it's not as boisterous and expressive as Mariya Ise's Bonnie voice, it's still an adorable voice and it's a good replacement for Ise until she comes back.

Bonnie taking care of Tyrunt was adorable and I like how she's mainly in her pajamas throughout the episode. I think her playing with Pikachu, Dedenne and Bunnelby was adorable and I like how there's more Bunnelby screentime (and it used Wild Charge! Something we haven't seen since the Lumiose City Gym Battle).

Bonnie is the most clever of the four since she used unorthodox methods to get Team Rocket off their trail like how she makes Bunnelby use Dig to recreate the holes that they played with earlier. I hated how Team Rocket dropped Bonnie and she was falling down. Dude, she's a six/seven year old kid and you three almost committed murder.

I like how Tyrunt evolved into Tyrantrum in order to save Bonnie.

The parting was so sad. It doesn't help that they used the music (AZ's theme + Snowbelle City theme) that they used in XY060 when Serena cuts her hair. That music is the epitome of melancholic/sadness in Pokemon and using that when Bonnie says good-bye to Tyrantrum almost made me cry. (I tried my best to not cry since I'm at school right now)

Honestly, I'm one of those people who sort of expected Tyrantrum to belong to another owner and I had a feeling that they would part, but seeing the parting scene was sadder than I thought. I also love how Bonnie goes to hug Serena due to how sad she was. (Also, I didn't like how the staff didn't put in Ash/Bonnie interactions).

This episode doesn't deserve a 10/10, it deserves an 11/10.

Aw, this was a cute episode.

Bonnie single handedly pulling Tyrunt that's almost the same height as her out of the water was great. Lol at Ash and Clemont sleeping and pushing on each other and their reactions to Tyrunt in their tent. I love how Tyrunt was attached to Bonnie due to her pajamas. OMG Bonnie playing with and comforting Tyrunt was the cutest thing ever. Glad to see Bunnelby playing with Pikachu, Dedenne, Tyrunt, and Bonnie. Always nice for him to get some screen time. Lol, I loved Bunnelby and Dedenne dancing on Tyrunt's head as they were walking. That was cute.

Yay, we get to see Bonnie not only commanding Dedenne to attack, but also Bunnelby to help them escape. Nice to see Ash using both Noibat and Talonflame to look for Bonnie. Cool I guess. I love how Bonnie trolled TR with Bunnelby and their hole game. Aw, I liked seeing Bonnie take the time out of their escape to brush Tyrunt's fur. That was sweet. Ok, I get that Bonnie's a child and she'd naturally want to run away from danger, but I really wish Bunnelby would have done some attacking to fend off TR; being the "adult" of the group. Nice to see Bunnelby using Wild Charge again. I didn't expect that. Wtf, did Bunnelby and Dedenne really get K.O.'d by TR that fast? Seriously? Maybe that would have been better and more believable had they been fighting on and off the entire time during the chase, but that was literally just two attacks:/

Woah, Bonnie was pretty cool defending Tyrunt from TR's giant robot hand. Once again TR shows what huge assholes they are by dropping a child from in the air. Tyrunt evolving into Tyrantrum to save Bonnie was awesome. Glad he put TR in their place. I can't believe Clemont would have actually caught Tyrantrum for Bonnie if he could have. That's sweet, but at the same time...that's a pretty huge dinosaur to take around with you. I was surprised to see Bonnie being all moody at having to leave Tyrantrum. I guess she did spend a lot of time with it. I love how she left her brush with it. Ok, on one hand I like how Bonnie went to Serena to cry to further display their bond, but on the other, I thought she would have gone to Clemont. I guess it doesn't matter. At least they were trying to cheer her up.

Overall a great episode. 9/10.

Completely out of left field, I found myself getting the most emotional over a Pokemon episode for years and years and years! Ga/Chigoras was literally the best poke I've seen in ages, I'm so unhappy that Eureka didn't get to keep him or her :bawl: I have no complaints on Mika Kanai either. Obviously it wasn't the same but the difference wasn't so jarring that it interfered with the quality of the episode.

I tell you what did interfere with the quality of the episode though - the animation. It was like having frickin Takeda or Kinoshita back in my life. Tbf some of the drawings were really quirky, but overall never again.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry @ TRio throwing Eureka to a certain death - keep it classy guys!

Satoshi and Citron's implied tent cuddles make me melt <3 More like this plz!

The episode had the right mixture of cuteness, comedy and then emotion at the end. New voice actress for Bonnie really didn't affect her character at all, obviously she sounds a little bit different but it really wasn't that bad. I was half surprised that Tyrantrum in the Pokemon Quiz was blanked out, maybe so they wouldn't the evolution? Even though they already did with preview material? Oh whatever... But damnit I wanted more of Bonnie riding a Tyrantrum! :( Understandably Bonnie was inconsolable at the end, but she showed some maturity to cheer up in the end. The feels, man...

Also after seeing this episode I don't want to know what else goes on in that tent between episodes. D:

Glad Bonnie didn't keep the Tyrantrum, although the episode had cute moments even though it was ultimately a standard filler. TR was slightly crueler than usual though.

Wow...the TRio got really hardcore there...

After the preview I thought Bonnie would just lose her grip and fall off, but no. They actually used another robo-hand to send her plummeting to her doom! :eek:

Wow...the TRio got really hardcore there...

After the preview I thought Bonnie would just lose her grip and fall off, but no. They actually used another robo-hand to send her plummeting to her doom! :eek:

The TRio have not tried to kill Bonnie, it is usual for them to crash in the land without injury (or small injury) like the Looney Tunes and as Gabo said they fall of much higher of that. Ash is not considered as cruel when he sends the TRio crashing, sometimes for no reason!

Last edited:
I love the TRio but I'm not sure anyone can convincingly defend their action of throwing a small child from a big height...

I love the TRio but I'm not sure anyone can convincingly defend their action of throwing a small child from a big height...

but you're a fan of the Team Rocket how can you say that?

Oohashi is the worst writer, we should not even consider its episodes as cannon. The last time, he wanted to make us believe that Kojiro and Nyasu have forgotten the birthday of Musashi but there was enough evidence for their behavior and their friendship in the past to know that they would not do that!

And this time, just think back to all the episodes where the team rocket helped the twerps to save the world, and those moments when Meowth showed his good side when he was alone with Pikachu, the love of Musashi and Kojiro for their pokémon... and a stupid scene in an episode of Oohashi, he wrote with ease without thinking to finish the script of his "filler" episode easier persuaded you that the trio are bad to the bone?

This scene was completely the opposite of what Junki Takegami showed us in the episode of Braixen and his stick just two episodes ago.

The writers make a big anything, they don't know how agree between them, they do not respect what the development of the trio that others are trying to make. Finally everything looks like a great mix of mess.

Takeshi Shudo had already left the anime for this and now it begins again and worse, but us fans we know the true soul of our favorite characters, then we can not allow this kind of thinking about them, they are not monsters!

Last edited:
... and a stupid scene in an episode of Oohashi, he wrote with ease without thinking to finish the script of his "filler" episode easier persuaded you that the trio are bad to the bone?
Did I say that? No. Just because I am a fan of 3 fictional characters and also like to pretend that anything written by Oohashi didn't happen, doesn't mean I can condone that action!

Lol, double standards, huh? The TRio attempted murders on kids many times, and they dropped Satoshi and other twerps from high altitudes countless times too. How is that different now?

And if you haven't noticed, twerps attempt murder on the TRio even more often (practically every ep). Like, 100,000 freaking volts? Man, that's DEADLY...

This is just a cartoon for kids, deal with it. No one is going to murder anyone for real.

*rolls eyes*

Last edited:
Bonnie's fall was clearly meant to be taken as dangerous, hence the expressions on faces of Dedenne and Bunnelby as well as Tyrunt freaking out about Bonnie falling to her death and instantly evolving in order to rescue her.

Lol, double standards, huh? The TRio attempted murders on kids many times, and they dropped Satoshi and other twerps from high altitudes countless times too. How is that different now?
And I think it's ok for people not to condone any of those occurrences if they don't want to...

This is just a cartoon for kids, deal with it.
If you really feel that way, why are you getting so defensive when people are simply stating that they didn't like what they saw?

And I think it's ok for people not to condone any of those occurrences if they don't want to...
I'm just surpirsed by all the uproar all of sudden. It's not like it never happened before... I got an impression that people cared this time only becauee it's Eureka and she's cute.

So yeah, double standards all the way.

If you really feel that way, why are you getting so defensive when people are simply stating that they didn't like what they saw?
You took my quote out of context. I meant that since it's a cartoon for kids, you shouldn't take all the "murder" attempts so seriously. Rockets will survive explosions, falling from the sky and electroshocks. And twerps will survive as well.

Twerps do bad stuff to punish Rockets and that's apparently ok. Rockets, being the villains do bad stuff and everyone loses their minds. I don't get it.

Why didn't you like what you saw by the way? It wasn't out of character for TR.

Btw, I think it's okay to get worked up sometimes even if it's "just" a kids' cartoon. After all this is something you love, so you care about it. I just don't understand reasons why people get worked up sometimes...

Why didn't you like what you saw by the way? It wasn't out of character for TR.
I agree that it wasn't out of character. However, just because I love the TRio doesn't mean I love everything they do. Stealing pokemon is part of their job description but attempted murder isn't and it's a bit too far outside of my personal moral compass for me to allow to pass without comment.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom