• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY090: A Tag Battle is a Friendship Battle! Eievui's First Time in a Fight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a summary of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

As Serena is on her way to Anistar City, she joins up with Shauna, who's going to participate in the Pokemon Showcase, and Tierno, who rushed over to cheer Shauna on, which makes Serena all the more fired up. However, she's worried about the Eevee that just joined her.

What move do you think Eevee will know? I personally hope it'll be Baby-Doll Eyes.

Has that move ever appeared yet? I hope it will in this ep (or debut).

By the way, Pikachu x Eevee? When, how?

Pictures? Since it's likely that Dawn will never appear again, I'm kinda liking this now...

But I think that'll piss off a lot of SatoHika shippers...

AAAAAND make the Amourshippers rejoice.

...Maybe Eevee will manage to beat Blastoise with a combination of Baby-Doll Eyes and a strong psychic attack in the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, Pikachu x Eevee? When, how?

Pictures? Since it's likely that Dawn will never appear again, I'm kinda liking this now...

But I think that'll piss off a lot of SatoHika shippers...

AAAAAND make the Amourshippers rejoice.

...Maybe Eevee will manage to beat Blastoise with a combination of Baby-Doll Eyes and a strong psychic attack in the end.

This magazine scan features Serena's Eevee and little snippets of future episodes. One picture is framed in a star, which shows Eevee's Swift. The other is framed in a heart... that happens to feature Eevee and Pikachu. And from what I heard, the caption above says something along the line of them being good friends (correct me if I'm wrong). This wouldn't be as notable if weren't for the fact that Eevee's future owner, Serena, has crush on Pikachu's owner, Ash, and that Eevee can breed with Pikachu in the games (much like Buneary and Pikachu).
87c.jpg

Ash and Serena vs Shauna and Tierno.
Pikachu and Eeve vs Ivysaur and Blastoise.

Oh... I expected it to be Ash/Serena VS Tierno/Shauna, with Pikachu helping Eevee in battle. But I guess Ash/Tierno VS Serena/Shauna will be more interesting, although I can see it becoming very one sided with Ash/Tierno completely destroying them.

I'd honestly be half mad if Serena and Shauna win. :|
Not a chance of that happening.

This show doesn't allow female characters to battle regularly or win battles nor does it allow Ash to lose and be "humiliated" in any kind of way. So they're either getting wrecked or the battle is going to be interrupted.

Well yeah... I don't expect it to happen but I just feel like they could pull it if they really want to. More than likely they'll battle for a few minutes and just end it prematurely (although I think if TR have involvement in this episode they'd be dealt with earlier, similar to what happened in XY065).

I hope the girls get slaughtered...

Looks like eevee is gonna commit suicide in it's first battle lol.

Ash using Noibat would be possible seeing Serena using a recent capture, Ash would possibly do the same

This show doesn't allow female characters to battle regularly or win battles nor does it allow Ash to lose and be "humiliated" in any kind of way. So they're either getting wrecked or the battle is going to be interrupted.

B-but in the last series...

Never mind, not going there. But I expect an interruption with the girls doing enough to look good and prevent what should be an outright curbstomp. Ash using lil Noibat or no.

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto
Clemont: Yūki Kaji
Bonnie: Mika Kanai
Serena: Mayuki Makiguchi
Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani
Frogadier: Yūji Ueda
Bunnelby: Chinatsu Akasaki
Dedenne: Megumi Satō
Chespin: Hitomi Nabatame
Braixen: Megumi Hayashibara
Pancham: Noriko Shitaya
Tierno: Anri Katsu
Shauna: Yurie Kobori
Ivysaur: Inuko Inuyama

Here are two new summaries of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

It's finally the day before the Anistar Pokemon Showcase. Serena is really pumped up after reuniting with Shauna, who's also participating in the Showcase, but she's worried about her shy Eevee...

Serena is practicing hard for the Anistar Pokemon Showcase that will be held the next day. Just then, Shauna, who's entering that Showcase as well, and Tierno, who rushed over to cheer Shauna on, come over. While this makes Serena all the more fired up, the one thing she's really concerned about is her shy Eevee. They try out various things to make Eevee overcome its shyness, but...?

And no Team Rocket in sight to boot! :-D

And Shuana's Bulbasaur evolved already? Man, pokes are evolving quick around here!

The VA list.

No Noibat here, means that they don't give a shit about Noibat, and are just going to give it a rushed and forced unjustified evolution.

I just hope Noivern can kick some butt, because that's the only thing that could ever redeem the writer/producers for giving Ash an utterly pointless Pokemon. I would've preferred a seasoned Noibat.

In terms of character: Scraggy/Phanpy/Cyndaquil/Happiny/Larvitar (and whatever else I missed) have received more character development. Noivern will be the only thing that "Noibat" has over these hatched Pokemon.

I just don't care anymore. They had AMPLE opportunity and chances by now to DO something with Noibat. Now it seems likely they're just going to evolve it in the very next "focus" episode that its in. And I guarantee you it likely isn't going to get much focus. It'll get as much focus as Froakie evolving into Frogadier focus. It's there, but it doesn't do anything very meaningful until it evolves.

But hey Frogadier, at least that's better than Pikachu.

And Shuana's Bulbasaur evolved already? Man, pokes are evolving quick around here!

Shauna has had Bulbasaur for as long as Tierno has had Squirtle, how is it a surprise that Shauna has an Ivysaur when Tierno is showing up with a Blastoise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom