• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY090: A Tag Battle is a Friendship Battle! Eievui's First Time in a Fight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Noibat here, means that they don't give a shit about Noibat, and are just going to give it a rushed and forced unjustified evolution.

I just hope Noivern can kick some butt, because that's the only thing that could ever redeem the writer/producers for giving Ash an utterly pointless Pokemon. I would've preferred a seasoned Noibat.

In terms of character: Scraggy/Phanpy/Cyndaquil/Happiny/Larvitar (and whatever else I missed) have received more character development. Noivern will be the only thing that "Noibat" has over these hatched Pokemon.

I just don't care anymore. They had AMPLE opportunity and chances by now to DO something with Noibat. Now it seems likely they're just going to evolve it in the very next "focus" episode that its in. And I guarantee you it likely isn't going to get much focus. It'll get as much focus as Froakie evolving into Frogadier focus. It's there, but it doesn't do anything very meaningful until it evolves.

But hey Frogadier, at least that's better than Pikachu.

Bunnelby didn't do a lot for at least 80 episodes (only focus was episode 1, 64, 83 and 87), and you're still angry about Noibat who doesn't do anything for 10 episodes?

I'm actually very surprised that there's no Team Rocket this episode, seems like there will be some substantial content rather than them spending 5-10 minutes chasing after TR.

Is Ash actually using Frogadier in the battle? If so, he clearly has no chill. O.O

Bunnelby didn't do a lot for at least 80 episodes (only focus was episode 1, 64, 83 and 87),

Yes because Bunnelby who belongs to Clemont (no battling goal), is comparable to Noibat who belongs to Ash (has a battling goal).

and you're still angry about Noibat who doesn't do anything for 10 episodes?

It's been nearly 17-20 episodes. And we're talking about an egg Pokemon, that isn't going to get stronger by being in its Poke ball.

Preview
- Tierno and Blastiose pose together.
- Serena and Shauna reunite after a long time.
- Eevee hides behind Bunnelby.
- Tierno's Blastoise attacks Serena's Eevee.

[video=youtube;rbIwpzU4ARk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbIwpzU4ARk[/video]

After seeing that preview (and the capture episode), I got only one question. Is Bunnelby x Eevee really going to become a recurring thing?

Anyways, seems like Eevee vs Blastoise is a dance vs dance battle. Its going to be interesting.

I am really surprised that we still have absolutely no idea what Pokemon Ash is going to use.

After seeing that preview (and the capture episode), I got only one question. Is Bunnelby x Eevee really going to become a recurring thing?

Anyways, seems like Eevee vs Blastoise is a dance vs dance battle. Its going to be interesting.

I am really surprised that we still have absolutely no idea what Pokemon Ash is going to use.

Maybe Frogadier? Bulbapedia's page for that particular episode has info saying Frogadier will be involved in some way.

Maybe Frogadier? Bulbapedia's page for that particular episode has info saying Frogadier will be involved in some way.

Yeah Frogadier's VA is listed. But it doesn't necessarily confirm he will be used in the battle. Its just that he is in the episode. If we even get a little peak of him in action then its confirmation.

It's either going to be Pikachu or Frogadier. There's no way that Talonflame, Hawlucha or Noibat will be used without speaking. I hope it's Frogadier that will be battling, but I won't mind if it ends up being Pikachu, because Tierno and Shauna are using their main Pokemon (I assume they are their main Pokemon).

Yay more Horubee! If Satoshi is using Pikachu or Gekogashira then this battle ought to be a wipeout............

Y no Team Rocket tho :-(

i was actually hoping for a real tag battle, but it seems that it will be a dance tag battle

Looks like both Blastoise and Eevee will be getting their groove on during this battle.
That sounded so wrong...

Seriously though, from the preview, it looks like the battle won't be totally one-sided. Sure, Ash and Tierno will still probably win, but seeing how Eevee will most likely be using dance moves to dodge and attack like how Tierno's Mons do, then Serena and Shauna may actually be able to hold their own, at least for a little while. Was looking forward for a Ash/Serena VS Tierno/Shauna battle instead, but whatever. And shame no Noibat, as it would be a golden opportunity for the little guy for some real-time experience, but I'll take what I can get. Hey, we don't even know which Mon Ash will use, as his Mon isn't shown in battle during the preview, so anything is possible (though I do see the VA list, obviously, but nothing is truly set in stone, so one can hope). And it will be good development for Serena and Eevee, so that'll be enough for me.

Don't really understand the Noibat frustration. If it's [probably] going to evolve, it's going to get focus, especially since it stands out as the fastest egg-hatched Pokemon to evolve period.

Aaaaaanyway, what I really hope is that the next episode or two will give us some sort of hint as to what Serena's Eevee will become (if it evolves at all; it might even get the same treatment as May's Eevee but who knows). If Eevee learns Baby-Doll Eyes, that's a pretty heavy arrow towards Sylveon considering its evolution requirements. I'm unsure about Umbreon since Gary had one, but it would give Pancham the opening it needs to evolve (though I'm still holding out that Serena could get an Absol like she does in the games). Glaceon can be pretty much ruled out since May has one. Flareon and Espeon seem unlikely due to the possibility of Delphox. Leafeon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon would all be pretty cool but I think Jolt and Vap are more likely given what she has in the games.

...but blah either way I'm glad Serena is getting the spotlight for a bit I hope she gets a bigger role in XY & Z than people think!

So Shauna has an Ivysaur now, color me surprised. I thought Bulbasaur would never evolve because its evolution relatives aren't exactly the best dancers I could think of. I mean, Venusaur is so huge and heavy it has trouble lifting its feet. I'll just wait to see what Shauna will do to show it off when her starter fully evolves.

I'm glad this will be a boys vs. girls Tag Battle but I just don't want to see Serena and Shauna getting wrecked. If both Ash and Tierno are using Water-type Pokémon here, that means Shauna's Ivysaur has an advantage. Maybe Serena's Eevee knows Helping Hand? It could boost one of Ivysaur's Grass-type attacks for a critical hit. I could see that happening. Also, I'm all for a dance-off during battle as this would give Eevee experience for future Showcases. They could use dance movements to dodge or get near the opponent before attacking, anything that would look good in a Pokémon Showcase while also being useful in-battle.

I'm excited for this episode, it's good seeing Shauna and Tierno again. Too bad Trevor isn't around to keep Clemont company.

Get TV Preview
- Ash and co. run into Tierno and Shauna again.
- Eevee says hello to Dedenne.
- Eevee tries to say hello to Chespin, but Eevee gets scared off.
- Chespin offers a pink Poke Puff to Eevee.

[video=youtube;cf4ztF9DJH0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf4ztF9DJH0[/video]

Eevee is really comfortable about Bunnelby even though all it did was allow it to escape unnoticed in the previous episode.

On another note, Bunnelby has had a lot of focus lately: XY081, XY082, XY083, XY086, XY087, and now this episode. I'm just surprised considering how little focus it got in the past (although the Korrina and Goodra story arcs had a part in that).

Maybe the 80s was an attempt to make Bunnelby got its focus again. And that's good news considering that I love it so much.

Chespin seems kinda... mad... I guess, that Eevee is scared by him. I just imagine him saying at the end of the preview "I brought you this Poke Puff, now LIKE ME DAMN IT!!!"

Could Harimaron possibly... develop some... maturity?!

sSNa3Kt.png

Here's a translation of the text from that image, in relation to this episode, courtesy of Dephender.

Double battle training with Shauna and Tierno!
Serena gets really excited over Shauna entering the same tournament as her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom