• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY091: The Happy Dance Comes After the Quiz!? The Hyakkoku TryPokaron Tournament!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
XY091: The Happy Dance Comes After the Quiz!? The Hyakkoku TriPokalon Tournament!!
Airs: October 8

Here is an image from the episode.

img_next151008.jpg

I translated the title.

Re: XY090: The Happy Dance Comes After the Quiz!? The Hyakkoku TriPokalon Tournament!

I'd have to assume Shauna mentions that there's a Showcase in Anistar City in the episode before, it makes more sense than them showing up in Anistar and going "oh crap there's a Showcase, better go enter".

If this is the Farfetch'd episode it looks as though Serena's up against Shauna, Nini and potentially Jessie too. I only say potentially because I'm still unsure if this thing has ranks like in-game Contests do. Probably not but I don't think it's been mentioned from memory.

Re: XY090: The Happy Dance Comes After the Quiz!? The Hyakkoku TriPokalon Tournament!

Do we know for sure if Nini will be competing in this one? Data broadcast for this episode is Farfetch'd, which may be indication of her return. I really hope she appears here and I want to see Smoochum hitting on Pancham again.

So it seems the Theme Performance for the next Showcase will be a quiz. Now I'm glad Jessie isn't competing because we all know she isn't the Performer with the brightest mind out there. She doesn't need one more humiliating loss.

But a quiz? I'm trying to remember the last time we had a quiz. I think it was during the Wishing Bell Festival. Oh I'll be on the edge of my seat for that, can't wait.

I'd have to assume Shauna mentions that there's a Showcase in Anistar City in the episode before, it makes more sense than them showing up in Anistar and going "oh crap there's a Showcase, better go enter".

Well yeah but they have to go to Anistar for Ash's gym battle anyway, so it isn't like its unbelievable that they could've just happened upon Anistar and found out there was a Pokemon Showcase and Serena freaking out, would be hilarious.

But yes definitely Shauna would've told Serena the episode prior.

Now I'm glad Jessie isn't competing
How do you know?

I really hope Nene does return! Somehow her original appearance didn't make me think she would but I'd love to see her again.

How do you know?

I really hope Nene does return! Somehow her original appearance didn't make me think she would but I'd love to see her again.

Pokémon Showcases have a ranking system just like in-game Pokémon Contests. Serena won a Rookie Class Princess Key and now she is allowed to compete in a higher rank. Same goes for Shauna. Jessie has yet to win her first Princess Key so she can't compete here. =/

I wish Jessie would have won a Princess Key by now, but not even Serena gets that many episodes focusing on her goal. The writers should at least make an episode in which she is briefly seen entering a Showcase and winning just like that time she won the Majolica Ribbon while Ash was challenging Fantina at the Hearthome Gym. I just want to see her getting all the needed Keys to compete in the Master Class.

The showcases work where you need 3 princess keys to get to master class, so Jessie can participate her? Cmon guys... Jessie is the best performer lets be honest

So I'm guessing the "Happy Dance" is performed in the performance round while the "Quiz" is the theme huh. Also, the HaDa might be something that Serena and Eevee along with Pancham and Braixen come up with in either the debuting ep or the second ep of Eevee's appearance.

Most likely the debuting ep. It might be a dance that helps Eevee forget about the eyes that watch it, and just be, well- happy to dance.

What exactly does the Quiz cover? Random Kalos facts? I'm going to fall out of my seat if its a Rhyhorn Racing question.

Cmon guys... Jessie is the best performer lets be honest

Unfortunately, being Kalos Queen isn't about being interesting, original, and clever.

No! It's about being cutsie, frou-frou, and sexist!

Where do you think this is, Hoenn or Sinnoh with talent has something to do with it? This is Kalos, where appearance is all that really matters!

Last edited:

Pokémon Showcases have a ranking system just like in-game Pokémon Contests. Serena won a Rookie Class Princess Key and now she is allowed to compete in a higher rank. Same goes for Shauna. Jessie has yet to win her first Princess Key so she can't compete here. =/
Ugh ugh ugh this is bullshit :bawl:

I still don't get how people think Jessie is a good Performer. Especially after the Dendemille Showcase where the only reason she got far was because of Meowth (she would've been knocked out in the first round if he didn't tell her about the berries those Pokemon liked).

You know, if they do end up having ranks here, I'd love to see Jessie try and enter and have the people tell her "oh, you need a Princess Key to be in this one". I can just imagine the tantrum she'd throw, oh PLEASE do this!

Here is a summary of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

Ash and his friends have arrived in Anistar City. Their visit there is going to start with Serena competing in the Anistar Pokemon Showcase. Serena manages to make her way through the theme performance, but as she heads for the free performance, a certain Pokémon of hers gets lost!

I guess Eevee might cost Serena a lose here. I bet it'll get an ep dedicated to getting over its problems later on (and possibly evolve during it too) then get its "revenge" next Showcase.

Why they...Serena, you never ran out of trouble once you've entered the showcase huh?

I'm really disappointed.

Since she needs a total of three keys judging from her key ring, my bet is that she is going to lose this one.

Can't be succeeding too quickly now.

Then again who knows, Eevee (it's undoubtedly gonna be her) might make a spectacular appearance at a critical moment and cause them to win by pure luck.

Serena achieving her second princess key is kind of rushed. So I'm more than sure that she will not win this time, the reason behind the shy Eevee. Also Shauna won't be the winner as well. In the first Showcase, Serena and Shauna took part and Shauna won, so don't really think Shauna will get the price whenever she appears. In my opinion the winner of this Showcase will be Jessie. (actually Jessie is awesome on stage)

According to Anime News Network' translation about Serena in the TV Tokyo's Pokemon XY& Z website:
Serena: Dreams of being a Pokémon Performer, and currently holds the rank of Rookie in the Pokémon Showcase. She wants to reach Master Class and aims to be the Kalos Queen.
As this summary is set upon the episode XY090, it truely seems that Serena will lose this Showcase.

To be honest that really doesn't prove she's losing. The Dendemille Showcase was a Rookie Class Showcase (which also extends to Coumarine), so all that is saying is that she hasn't got all three keys, which even if she wins here she won't have anyway.

According to Anime News Network' translation about Serena in the TV Tokyo's Pokemon XY& Z website:
Serena: Dreams of being a Pokémon Performer, and currently holds the rank of Rookie in the Pokémon Showcase. She wants to reach Master Class and aims to be the Kalos Queen.
As this summary is set upon the episode XY090, it truely seems that Serena will lose this Showcase.
Does rookie mean she has 1 key?
What rank is Musashi? :bawl: Will she enter this contest or no?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom