• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY093: The Double Battle in the Hyakkoku Gym! Gojika's Future Sight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Pikachu's tail twitching is supposed to be like a detector or a metronome-timer to tell Ash when Future Sight's about to kick in.

I thought so too, but then you can visibly tell now when Future Sight will hit due to the visible countdown.

Except as we saw in the previous episode the countdown timer was NO WHERE near where the actual future sight hit its target.

The timer was inside the gym, the attack hit team rocket at the Sundial.

Yeah...because Team Rocket wasn't at the gym.

Ash will be at the gym, and thus will be able to visibly see the timer.

The thing is.... Olympia doesn't have to set the timer in the Gym. Olympia can either not set a timer at all or set a timer at a place Ash cannot see. Unless she is handicapped as a Gym Leader that is.

I don't understand why recently you two in particular like to flamebait nearly everything I say.

I'm going to say this once more and that's it. Any unnecessary challenge, and I'll just report it.

From what we've seen, the current iteration of Future Sight sets the countdown where the move is first launched. Olympia has no control over it. So if her Meowstic is standing on the gym field and uses Future Sight, then a countdown will appear over the gym field because that is where it was standing. Now the move itself can hit the target from anywhere as we've seen, but the countdown remains in the area where the user first initiates it.

Thus in the Gym Battle, Ash & Co will be able to see said countdown since the Meowstic will initiate it in said Gym.

I wonder if Pikachu's tail twitching is supposed to be like a detector or a metronome-timer to tell Ash when Future Sight's about to kick in.

I thought so too, but then you can visibly tell now when Future Sight will hit due to the visible countdown.

Except as we saw in the previous episode the countdown timer was NO WHERE near where the actual future sight hit its target.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant that Olympia set the time with her projection abilities, and that the two instances are not connected directly, only because Olympia made it so.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant that Olympia set the time with her projection abilities, and that the two instances are not connected directly, only because Olympia made it so.

Wait, so you're saying that Olympia psychically sets the timer? Where/when was that said during the episode?

And if so, then the description for the move needs to be changed on Bulbapedia.

Wait, so you're saying that Olympia psychically sets the timer? Where/when was that said during the episode?

And if so, then the description for the move needs to be changed on Bulbapedia.

Well no, but in the preview for the gym battle, we didn't see a timer at all.

I find it hard to believe that Olympia had her Pokemon use future sight in the gym with a timer, and it conveniently struck Team Rocket at the Sundial.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong and it was just a stylized choice for the animator, just for the laughs.

Maybe in battle, there is no timer, but when using it for whatever there is a timer. I don't know. But if the gym battle preview is anything to go by, there is no timer.

I don't understand why recently you two in particular like to flamebait nearly everything I say.

I'm going to say this once more and that's it. Any unnecessary challenge, and I'll just report it.

From what we've seen, the current iteration of Future Sight sets the countdown where the move is first launched. Olympia has no control over it. So if her Meowstic is standing on the gym field and uses Future Sight, then a countdown will appear over the gym field because that is where it was standing. Now the move itself can hit the target from anywhere as we've seen, but the countdown remains in the area where the user first initiates it.

Thus in the Gym Battle, Ash & Co will be able to see said countdown since the Meowstic will initiate it in said Gym.

I hereby say sorry if I ever made you feel like that. I was just bring out the point that the timer don't seem to be mandatory.

I really reply without seeing the names unless it was a multiple reply. But I don't really mean to annoy you. So sorry again.

Frogadier is confirmed to evolve in this episode........Yay...
uploadfromtaptalk1445141175142.png

DEAR GOD THIS IS GONNA BE AN INTENSE GYM MATCH! Olympia really looks surprised by Frogadier blocking that one attack with his Water Pulse? Could this be where Frogadier evolves also? I do think the evolution would be helpful, due to the added Dark typing.

Well then lets wait and see...

I doubt it. The moment where Frogadier block's the attacks that Olympia's Meowstic use is usually the point where a Pokemon evolves, in order to overcome a hardship that it's in, but at the end of the preview you can see Frogadier has overcome the Meowstic's attack by pushing their attacks back with its Water Pulse. So I don't see Frogadier evolving after this. Therefore, I don't think it will evolve in this Gym battle.

Just for the sake of the point I want to make, if Frogadier does end up evolving here I would love to see it happening when the shadow/ghost of Ash-Greninja phases into Frogadier. That'd be awesome.

Also I don't think the preview confirm or denies that he's evolving. When the Water Pulse actually starts pushing back at the end you don't actually see Frogadier or the Ash-Greninja shadow, so it could be hiding it for all we know. If anything I'd speculate that the evolution would occur after they've repelled it, after having a stare down with the Meowstic duo, growing a second wind after some encouragement from Ash or something like that.

Just on the side but I believe Sycamore can be seen with the others in the stands, so whoever mentioned that they wanted to see that seems to have got their wish.

I think an evolutipn here would kick all sorts of ass. I mean, look at the scenes preview. Frogadier is struggling with the attacks deflection with water pulse, and its being surrounded by a surge of energy. A mid attack evolution as not been done so far, from memory at least, and i2t would be amazing to see Greninja out of nowhere after the attacks energy explodes in a sudden burst of light.

Just for the sake of the point I want to make, if Frogadier does end up evolving here I would love to see it happening when the shadow/ghost of Ash-Greninja phases into Frogadier. That'd be awesome.

Also I don't think the preview confirm or denies that he's evolving. When the Water Pulse actually starts pushing back at the end you don't actually see Frogadier or the Ash-Greninja shadow, so it could be hiding it for all we know. If anything I'd speculate that the evolution would occur after they've repelled it, after having a stare down with the Meowstic duo, growing a second wind after some encouragement from Ash or something like that.

Just on the side but I believe Sycamore can be seen with the others in the stands, so whoever mentioned that they wanted to see that seems to have got their wish.

But we can see Frogadier right near the end of the preview, after the Water Pulse bursts through the attacks from the Meowstic. Pokemon in Gym battles have always evolved during tough situations, so a Pokemon evolving afterwards would seem a bit unusual. Plus it doesn't seem like a good choice when it comes to the episodes story.

But we can see Frogadier right near the end of the preview, after the Water Pulse bursts through the attacks from the Meowstic. Pokemon in Gym battles have always evolved during tough situations, so a Pokemon evolving afterwards would seem a bit unusual. Plus it doesn't seem like a good choice when it comes to the episodes story.

It makes sense to me for Frogadier to deflect the attack showing that it tapped into its maximum potential and then as Meowstic are shaking off the reflected attack, Frogadier evolves into Greninja and changes the atmosphere (is that the right word? Dynamic?) of the battle.

That glowing aura could also be Torrent activating. Sure, I mean, it's possible that Frogadier will evolve, I'm not denying that possibility, but we don't know what Frogadier's Ability is, either, so it's possible that the glowing aura is Torrent triggering. If the previews prove anything it's that this battle will be a heavy-duty one, so if Frogadier does have Torrent as its Ability, then it is possible that the Water Pulse is being supercharged by Torrent. But like PlayerKing has said, a lot of Pokemon evolve at a certain time to satisfy the situation at hand, especially in tough battles. Both Froakie and Fletchinder have proven that in this series, having evolved against two powerful foes right when things looked the most desperate. But, as I said before, it could also be Torrent triggering, as the previews show this battle will be a bruiser, so it may help the Water Pulse repel the attacks by supercharging it. That's my two cents on the subject.

That glowing aura could also be Torrent activating. Sure, I mean, it's possible that Frogadier will evolve, I'm not denying that possibility, but we don't know what Frogadier's Ability is, either, so it's possible that the glowing aura is Torrent triggering. If the previews prove anything it's that this battle will be a heavy-duty one, so if Frogadier does have Torrent as its Ability, then it is possible that the Water Pulse is being supercharged by Torrent. But like PlayerKing has said, a lot of Pokemon evolve at a certain time to satisfy the situation at hand, especially in tough battles. Both Froakie and Fletchinder have proven that in this series, having evolved against two powerful foes right when things looked the most desperate. But, as I said before, it could also be Torrent triggering, as the previews show this battle will be a bruiser, so it may help the Water Pulse repel the attacks by supercharging it. That's my two cents on the subject.

Krabby and Chimchar both evolved as a "reward" rather than to overcome an obstacle so it isn't impossible.

Krabby and Chimchar both evolved as a "reward" rather than to overcome an obstacle so it isn't impossible.

And to further prove your point, so have Ash's Pidove, Caterpie & Swadloon, Brock's Bonsly & Zubat, May's Wurmple, Misty's Poliwhirl and so on. Evolution in the anime doesn't solely occur to help overcome adversity.

Finally, been waiting for this episode for so long. Lets see if frogadier evolves or not, just a few more hours left.

Krabby evolved and then as a Kingler, it continued to battle in the Pokemon League match and after Chimchar evolved into Monferno, it continued to battle against Paul.

And to further prove your point, so have Ash's Pidove, Caterpie & Swadloon, Brock's Bonsly & Zubat, May's Wurmple, Misty's Poliwhirl and so on. Evolution in the anime doesn't solely occur to help overcome adversity.

- Ash's Tranquill continued to heard the wild Venipede.

- Ash's Leavanny evolved while it was hurt in a battle against Iris's Emolga.

- Brock's Sudowoodo later battled Team Rocket shortly after it evolved.

- Brock's Golbat continued to battle against Team Rocket.

- Misty's Politoed continued to battle against Team Rocket.

I'll give you Ash's Metapod and May's Wurmple, but the rest of the Pokemon continued to battle later in the episode and they didn't have a struggle during the battle. The point is, Frogadier will not evolved during it's major struggle during the Gym Battle and if it evolves after that then it would sort of be a bit weird. Plus, evolving after overcoming a hardship has never happened during any of Ash's Gym Battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom