• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY094: Z's Explosive Birth! What Lurks in Kalos!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
XY094: Z's Explosive Birth! Those Who Lurk in Kalos!!
Airs: October 29

I translated the title.

Here are some images from the episode.

AGU6X2d.jpg
8s1kBeo.jpg

And it begins right after the Gym Battle in Anistar City, which happens to be a double battle with Ash using Frogadier and Talonflame against two Meowstics.
XY&Z, mega hype. Just wait guys. How long into this series do you think Frogadier and Noibat will evolve? What do you think this episode will contain? I think Alain will be in it, and by the sound of the title, Team Flare and Zygarde sound like they will too.

Can't wait until TV Tokyo releases an image on their site, then we'll have that to post to the Archives.

Its quite possible that Frogadier will evolve in the episode prior to the start of the XYZ series, since it is the anistar gym battle and Greninja is already depicted separately on the second picture in that bottom corner

The beginning of XY&Z, I'm ready and I'm hyped.

Nothing to say about this episode until we get a summary. Titles alone don't really provide much info.

From the Japanese Pokemon channel:

[video=youtube;EslzWsBSGHI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EslzWsBSGHI[/video]

Since this is officially a new series the numbering should get restarted so that this is XY&Z 001 rather than XY 093 (which should be XY 094 anyway, but let's not even go there... that's one advantage of restarting the numbering: we would all number them the same way... at least until the next "confusion" lol)

Since this is officially a new series the numbering should get restarted so that this is XY&Z 001 rather than XY 093 (which should be XY 094 anyway, but let's not even go there... that's one advantage of restarting the numbering: we would all number them the same way... at least until the next "confusion" lol)
Agreed. Sadly, episode order is always messed up around here.

Judging from the image of Alain, I wouldn't be too surprised if he happens to win against Malva. I say this because if you look closely enough, you can see dirt marks on Charizard which I know came from a battle as you can see part of the field. Also, Alain is petting Charizard in a congratulatory fashion. I could be wrong and this may be from some other battle in the episode, but it could explain why he still has his keystone on the XYZ poster. As of the image from the XYZ premiere itself, I was honestly a bit shocked to see that the scene in the cave took place this early, but in a good way, it gives me hope that this won't be ungodly rushed. As for how we may have transitioned to this from Mega Evolution Act IV, I'm guessing the scientists could have recaptured the Zygarde Core from Chespie and successfully forced it to fuse with its cell equivalents up into Zygarde 50%. The cave shown in the picture is where they're holding Zygarde until they can find the Pokemon necessary to turn it into Perfect Zygarde, whether those may be more Zygarde Cells or even Xerneas and Yveltal themselves (way to push the DBZ inspiration, Gamefreak). All that being said, I cannot stress enough how excited I am for the series premiere.

Here's a summary of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

Aiming to enter the Kalos League, Ash and his friends continue their journey towards Snowbelle City, where the last Gym is located. While taking a break, the group encounters a mysterious, squishy Pokémon that's not listed in the Pokedex!? As Ash and the others get excited that it might be an entirely new Pokémon species, a mysterious group of people suddenly attack them.

The TRio are always described as "a mysterious group who look strangely familiar" and variations on that theme + this is the Flare arc = it's obviously Flare.

I see it now...

Ash: "Wait, this Pokemon isn't in the Pokedex?! Is it new?"
Team Flare member: "Can we have that Zygarde thanks?"
Ash: "uwotm8"

I just wish I could yell "Pokemon Z confirmed!" with this information already. I'm kind of curious as to whether Team Flare is still bent on Mass Genocide or they've been dumbed down to the more generic World Domination ambition.

I just wish I could yell "Pokemon Z confirmed!" with this information already. I'm kind of curious as to whether Team Flare is still bent on Mass Genocide or they've been dumbed down to the more generic World Domination ambition.
Due to them basically being Glam Nazis ,I'm sure the show watered them down a bit.

Due to them basically being Glam Nazis ,I'm sure the show watered them down a bit.
What I don't want to happen is for them to get so watered-down that they pretty much lose whatever made them unique, like what happened to Team Plasma. Even if they get rid of the "Nazis hellbent on global genocide," I'd still like them to retain the "Fashion Nazi" aspect even a little. You know, going about their evil work while insulting everyone's taste in clothes. ... That would sound so much more ridiculous if mooks like the TRio didn't already exist.

What I don't want to happen is for them to get so watered-down that they pretty much lose whatever made them unique, like what happened to Team Plasma. Even if they get rid of the "Nazis hellbent on global genocide," I'd still like them to retain the "Fashion Nazi" aspect even a little. You know, going about their evil work while insulting everyone's taste in clothes. ... That would sound so much more ridiculous if mooks like the TRio didn't already exist.
I completely agree! The anime should make Team Flare more daunting not sillier especially since this would add more excitement to the show.

Have the Mega Evolution specials thrown out hints as to what they might be doing with Team Flare? I'm assuming it will be crossing over with the main anime, if that preview trailer and poster from last month are anything to go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom