• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY094: Z's Explosive Birth! What Lurks in Kalos!!

Here is my summary of the episode.

Zygarde 50% is in a cave and then some Team Flare members arrive in the cave as well.

The Team Flare members attack The Zygarde.

One of the Team Flare members contacts Lysandre.

Ash and co. are walking through a forest.

They all stop for a bit and then Bonnie, Dedenne and Pikachu happily jump into a pile of leaves on the ground.

Bonnie gets up and goes to her bag.

She notices that something is inside her bag.

The thing inside her bag is the same green creature that Mairin's Chespie picked up when it was in the Team Flare Laboratories.

Bonnie plays with the green creature.

The green creatures goes underneath her clothes.

Ash checks out the creature on his Pokedex.

His Pokedex does not have any information on the creature.

Serena decides to look it up on her Pokedex as well.

Serena's Pokedex doesn't seems to have any information on the creature as well.

Bonnie calls the green creature Squishy.

Ash and co. hear a noise close by.

Some Dodrio run out of nearby bush and then we see that a Groyvle is chasing the Dodrio.

Running after the Grovyle is Sawyer.

Grovyle then stops when it comes to Ash and co. and so does Sawyer soon afterwards.

Ash and co. talk to Sawyer for a bit.

Bonnie notices that Squishy has gone missing.

Ash and co. (including Sawyer) all go looking for Squishy.

Squishy hops off until it gets to a rocky area.

Celosia and some Team Flare grunts see Squishy.

Celosia contacts Mable.

Team Flare's Pokemon come up to Squishy and then Celosia sends out her Drapion.

Drapion grabs and picks up Squishy off of the ground with its pincers.

Ash and co. then arrive to where Team Flare and Squishy are.

Ash and co. battle against Team Flare and eventually get Squishy back.

Ash and co. run away from Team Flare.

Celosia and Mable contact Xerosic, Aliana and Bryony who are at the Flare Laboratories.

The sun is now setting.

Ash and co. have stopped running away from Team Flare and are now out of breath.

Ash and co. bring out there Pokemon to have a meal together, with Sawyer only having his Grovyle out of its Poke Ball.

Squishy sits on a tree stump and bathes in the sunlight.

Ash and Sawyer compare the badges that they have received so far.

Ash mentions that he has defeated the Anistar Gym Leader Olympia.

Ash also says that he is planning on heading to the Snowbelle City Gym next.

Sawyer shows the others a map of Kalos, in order to show Ash where Snowbelle City is.

Serena looks up something on her Town Map.

She shows the place to Squishy, but Squishy gets scared of the place.

The Town Map is now on the ground and Squishy jumps up and down on it angrily.

Ash and co. then decide to head to sleep.

As everyone is sleeping, Squishy senses that Team Flare are coming close to where it is and warns Ash and co.

Ash and co. meet up with Team Flare again.

Ash sends out his Frogadier.

Serena sends out her Braixen and then Clemont sends out his Luxray.

Ash and co. have a battle against Team Flare again.

Squishy gets lost in the battle.

Bryony and some Team Flare grunts find Squishy.

Bryony sends out her Bisharp.

Squishy starts to glow green.

Some of the similar looking green creatures that Chespie met at Team Flare Laboratories nearby glow green as well.

Those similar looking green creatures teleport to where Squishy is and then Squishy turns into Zygarde 10%..

As Zygarde 10%, Squishy easily defeats the Team Flare members Pokemon.

Team Flare run away.

Squishy goes back to what it used to look like.

Ash and co. find Squishy and Squishy looks bruised and hurt.

Bonnie picks Squishy up and then Squishy's injuries fade.

Bryony is someone where else and is also injured.

Bryony talks to someone at the Team Flare Laboratories.

Team Rocket are listing to Bryony whilst hiding nearby.

Ash and co. say goodbye to Sawyer and they all part ways again.

Ash and co. walk past Alain.

To be continued.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a very interesting episode. Shota returning, battle against Team Flare and Zygarde 10% = Yay.

New Opening and Ending were awesome! The whole episode about Zygarde Core and all was also interesting, and Team Flare is after it for their plan. A new corner about Pikachu is added in place of Professor Oak's Holo Caster. Alain and Ash will meet with each other someday, but they were near so that means Alain will battle with Ash or not. 10/10 for this episode and this cute little Zygarde Core.

Tooooooooo much hype to comment specifics, but just to say that my spine was tingling throughout - the whole episode had a sense of impending threat about it. Flare arc definitely has the possibility of being best-handled regional villains!

PS. Whatever the hell that I Love Pika section was at the end... I LOVED IT!
:202:

Tooooooooo much hype to comment specifics, but just to say that my spine was tingling throughout - the whole episode had a sense of impending threat about it. Flare arc definitely has the possibility of being best-handled regional villains!

PS. Whatever the hell that I Love Pika section was at the end... I LOVED IT!
:202:

Agreed. People may have complained about how Team Flare was absent for most of the series, but having their plan build up over the season via the Mega Evolution special set them up without causing flow problems in the main series.

I NEED SUBS, but this was an awesome episode overall. Shota getting involved with the Team Flare arc should be interesting, and I can't wait for the day Alain and Ash battles. So much hype

I NEED SUBS, but this was an awesome episode overall. Shota getting involved with the Team Flare arc should be interesting, and I can't wait for the day Alain and Ash battles. So much hype

Me, too. Did anyone notice Serena narrating the next preview? I did, but why is there no information about it on XY093 page in Bulbapedia? So curious.

Also, gotta add that it was interesting that we got more information about the Team Flare scientists. This might be a minor thing, but I like how the four of them are all rivals with each other lol it was so funny that they were being sarcastic with one another. There was barely anything special about them in the games, but the anime is adding details that add more flavor to the characters.

I have a feeling the Team Flare arc in the anime is making up for the missing details in the games. I am looking forward to this. A lot.

This episode is basically introduction. The action involving Team Flare wasn't that exciting. (Maybe ts the Team Flare admins feels too much like robots?)

What is the best thing of this episode? It was an introduction episode, but a top notch introduction episode, that I will give credit. And Puni-chan absorbing sunlight is in fact the best scene in the whole episode for me.

9/10 as an introduction, but really nothing happened. 6/10 as a regular episode. But considering the opening theme...... 30/10 I don't care.

Three of Sawyer's badges are anime only. Two of these gyms are obviously fire and water, but the third is unknown.

By process of elimination, the badge is either Steel, Dragon, Ground, Poison, Flying, Dark, Normal, or Ghost. By color scheme we can eliminate the possibilities to Dark, Poison, Dragon, or Ghost. Which one is it?

On another note, it is weird that Sawyer said he would challenge Ramos right away after he left in XY075, yet he defeated two other gyms before he got Ramos' badge.

That was great, I had to watch it twice because it went by at such a pace

DP208.jpg
20110624022309%21Gary_badges.png

Shota is the new Gary Oak!

DP208.jpg

You'd think after all this time, they would've gotten better at following the source material... I wonder what the badge on the upper left corner is called, a Phoenix Down Badge?

DP208.jpg

You'd think after all this time, they would've gotten better at following the source material... I wonder what the badge on the upper left corner is called, a Phoenix Down Badge?

For all we know, Z will be a Black 2/ White 2 type game and some of those badges will be made real. Foreshadowing anyone?

Nice start for a new series.

Well dang, this episode wastes no time getting into action. Glad to FINALLY see Team Flare in the anime. I don't know what was up with Mable. Lol, did she actually think they would weaken Zygarde with their mere Drapion and Houndour. How hilarious. Wow, okay, I guess the little Zygarde core is just going to join the group immediately. Well, I like that we finally, sort of, have a Pokemon in the main cast with a nickname. And omg the scene with Bonnie and Squishy was so adorable.

WTH, what's up with the damn Dodrio stampede. Okay, now Grovyle's here chasing the Dodrio stampede. So, first Team Flare, the Squishy, now Grovyle and Sawyer are coming out of no where. This episode seriously waste's no time moving along the plot. The hell, why did Celosia lick her lips like that. Lol, that looked so creepy. The battle against Celosia and her crew was amazing. I was especially surprised that Ash sent Noibat out to deter the Houndour. Ok Xerosic's voice is annoying as hell.

I like how Pikachu and Dedenne brought Squish fruit when it didn't want to eat the Poke Puff. Wow, more random unknown badges from the rival. I also really like how Bunnelby was holding bowls with Serena. I thought it was adorable when Squishy was jumping on Serena's map. And lol at it hoping on everyone to get to Team Flare without the slightest care. Damn, Bonnie actually tried to shield Squishy from the Pin Missle. Why on earth is Squishy waiting until now to become Zygardog? That would have bee really helpful back with Celosia and Drapion. Lol, Zygardog blew them all back. And to think that's only 10% of its power.

I thought it was really weird that the gang just passed Alain like that. No wave, not even a slight head nod, they just pass each other as if the other is not even there. Thought the would have done more at the first encounter, but whatever.

Overall a great start for XY and Z. 8/10.

This episode was pretty cool! A nice start for the Team Flare arc. Also so happy to see precious Sawyer has finally got some badges! By the looks of it, he beat Ramos, Viola, and three unknown gym leaders. It seems that Kalos has a Fire, Water, and Flying type Gym.

Really good episode, but I am confused.

Are there two Zygarde? Is the 50% Zygarde that got attacked by Team Flare the same to the 10% Zygarde, or can there be both as the one Zygarde, since 50%+10% is 60%, so there is still 40% left? I think that ME004 said that there was more than one Core. There were two in that, so does that mean two separate Zygardes? In the opening, Team Flare has a Zygarde that is behind Alain when they are all at that volcano mountain thing. Bonnie still has Squishy, which looks like it can turn into 10%. Will both of these Zygardes verse each other?

Also, in the intro, it looks like Greninja is used against Sawyer's Sceptile and Alain's Charizard, but loses to both and becomes sad. He goes to leave Ash, but Ash doesn't want him to. This creates their strong bond and they can now stand up to these Pokémon and win. It looks like Greninja learns Water Shuriken and that other mystery move like Aqua Jet or Waterfall. It can't be Aqua Jet (which it should be able to learn, as it is a fast ninja), so what could it be?

Last edited:
Are there two Zygarde? Is the 50% Zygarde that got attacked by Team Flare the same to the 10% Zygarde, or can there be both as the one Zygarde, since 50%+10% is 60%, so there is still 40% left? I think that ME004 said that there was more than one Core. There were two in that, so does that mean two separate Zygardes? In the opening, Team Flare has a Zygarde that is behind Alain when they are all at that volcano mountain thing. Bonnie still has Squishy, which looks like it can turn into 10%. Will both of these Zygardes verse each other?
Squishy turned into 10% Zygarde by merging with nearby cells. At the same time, there is a separate Zygarde in Terminus Cave, which will eventually be caught by Team Flare. Complete Forme is most likely a result of the two 50% Zygarde fusing. Before that happens, Squishy has to transform into 50% Zygarde, and it seems that it will indeed battle the other Zygarde.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom