• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY095: Hot-blooded Hariborg! Puni-chan is Being Targeted!!

Eevee learnt a new move. Double Team is a good addition to its moveset. Hopefully Noibat will soon. If it evolves into Noivern soon, it will need to learn them quickly.
OK episode overall. Needed a bit of work.

Last edited:
Eevee learnt a new move. Double Team is a good addition to its moveset. Hopefully Noibat will soon. If it evolves into Noivern soon, it will need to learn them quickly.
Good episode overall.

The episode focuses on Pikachu? What the heck! I think Pikachu focus title card was chose because it doesn't focus on Pikachu at all, but on someone else's Pokemon that belongs to the main characters including either Ash, Serena or Clemont. That thing happened in XY068, too, when it was focusing on Goodra rather than Pikachu. And what about that opposite effect? Could it be that Eevee is a male or female? If so, I guess that Quiladin who fell in love must be a male, this would mean Chespin and Panchan being males too. But I don't think that's true. I'll just wait until fansubs of this episode comes out.

Forgettable episode, but not a filler. Sycamore learns about Squishy and Eevee debuts Double Team.

Liked seeing Serena battle as well as Dedenne but overall... meh.

My favorite (and probably only) part was the cute addition Serena made to Bonnie's satchel for Squishy.

A bit of a fun episode, it's really funny when Quilladin is trying to get Eevee to love him and gets turned down. Especially when Eevee used double team and Quilladin got so mad with love with Eevee that it passes out! XD It's nice that Noibat is getting more attention.

It looks like Double Team is the new Iron Tail.

But anyway, this was a nice filler. I really liked Quilladin and Bonnie's upgraded satchel. Also kudos to Bunnelby and Dedenne for fighting TR without command yet again (maybe they'll win next time though...).

Eh, so this was a weird one.

First off, I like that the episode started with the group telling Sycamore about Squishy. I also liked seeing Bonnie brushing Eevee and Serena sewing a pouch for Squishy of Bonnie's satchel. Okay, I really didn't like that Quilladin essentially just came out of nowhere when Eevee and Serena were practicing for the Showcase. I mean, could we have seen him crushing on her from afar for a minute before just rushing over there. Also, am I the only one who thought it was odd that Serena had both Eevee and Pancham out of their Pokeballs, but not Braxien. I dunno why, but it just felt so odd for her not to be there with the other two.

Anyway, lol at Quilladin's glowing Vine Whip. Nice to see Pancham and Chespin not fighting once again, but instead trying to protect Eevee together. Ok, if Quailladin had a crush on Eevee, why the hell was he attacking her. This guy had weird ways of expressing his love. But aside from that, I lol'd when he fainted after seeing all of Eevee's Double Team copies. And then we have Pancham and Chespin comforting Quilladin when he just attacked them and their friend. This episode is weird, man.

I don't get why Quilladin seemed to think beating up Pancham would make Eevee all of a sudden fall for him, but whatever. He's a weirdo. I thought his reaction upon seeing Eevee so comfortable with Bunnelby was hilarious. I also really liked the hearts that appeared before versus screen. With the battle being so short, I didn't think much of it, but I have to say Pancham dodging the 1st Rollout was swag. I liked Bunnebly's nervous expression during the battle. And wow, Eevee just fell asleep on it. It was so hilarious with how much Quilladin was failing in his quest to woo Eevee.

So, are Pancham and Chespin officially friends now? I know they worked together when they fought Quilladin earlier in the episode, but I figured that was because they both wanted to protect Eevee. But their interaction when they switched during the battle seemed like something you'd see from any other Pokemon who never had a rivalry. If they are friends, thank goodness and FINALLY. If they're not and they just didn't fight today...well at least they didn't fight today.

I have to say, I thought it was hilarious that Pignite was in the Who's that Pokemon with Quilladin since they were compared to each other so much when Quilladin was first revealed.

Props to Bunnelby chewing through the net to free everyone and carrying Dedenne and Squishy. I like how Bunnelby stepped up to fight TR to protect the others with Dedenne joining in too. But seriously, why do they always get knocked out so quickly when the gang isn't around? Whatever. I thought it was pretty funny that Squishy was about to transform before Ash and co. showed up. I just don't get why Pancham, Quiladin, and Chespin had been arguing so much up until this point.

Lol, after that all that Quilladin still tried to win Eevee over. But seriously, after that he just runs off to chase a Flareon? This guy's like Oshawott isn't he? Oh well, at least he's gone forever. I loved that they added a scene of him getting rejected by Flareon.

Wow, this turned out being a lot longer than I planned, lol. Overall, a weird, funny, and actually entertaining episode. 6.5/10.

The second episode in XY&Z and we get this badly written, poorly drawn, almost filler of an episode?
I usually forgive a lot, but this felt so out of place. Like a Decolora Adventure episode.
The only good things were: Bunnelby being great. Flareon appearing. Sycamore being so sexy. Appreciating Chespin not evolving and just watching Quilladin's design this once.

Really disappointed Team Rocket didn't get new motto animation. If they're treating this arc as a whole new series why not replace that 2-year old animation that's been used in 75+ episodes?

Nothing Special about this episode. No mention of Team Flare. Just a wild Quilladin having a crush on Eevee is the main theme of this episode. Squishy was about to change form which could have been the most exciting part of the episode but ash and the gang arrived to save him before he did.

Good episode overall.

The episode focuses on Pikachu? What the heck! I think Pikachu focus title card was chose because it doesn't focus on Pikachu at all, but on someone else's Pokemon that belongs to the main characters including either Ash, Serena or Clemont. That thing happened in XY068, too, when it was focusing on Goodra rather than Pikachu. And what about that opposite effect? Could it be that Eevee is a male or female? If so, I guess that Quiladin who fell in love must be a male, this would mean Chespin and Panchan being males too. But I don't think that's true. I'll just wait until fansubs of this episode comes out.

Actually, Serena referred to Eevee as female in context when she yelled at Quilladin, Chespin and Pancham when they were fighting: "If your violent, girls won't like you!"

Or is it the other way around since Serena was yelling at the three and thus confirming their genders...? I don't know.

Is there anyone that can confirm this at all?

This episode was mildly amusing overall, but boring. I'm gonna twiddle my thumbs until something intresting happens in a new ep...

Normally I'd watch the episode a second time before I do one of these but I don't think I need that this time.

Sometimes funny, a few interesting bits, but otherwise decidedly average, in all honesty. Eevee learning Double Team fits with her personality in a way, it let's her hide in the copies when someone (Quilladin) is getting a bit too close for comfort. I like that. It was nice seeing Chespin and Pancham team up again, I kind of don't want them to evolve, especially Chespin but that's because I dislike Quilladin's design. That being said the Pokedex image of it made it look alright. :p Serena showing off her craftsmanship (craftswomanship?) with the bag adjustment, damn it why do they look so adorable in that thing!

I will say I was kind of pissed that Puni-chan didn't go Zydoge on TRio. I was yelling in my head "JUST DO IT COME ON!!!". I think eventually we might see it transform with everyone around but it might take some time. Oh, and I'm beginning to see what those XYZ descriptions about TR were talking about when they said they were going to get in everyone's way...

On the title card, I'm pretty they use Pikachu as just a symbol to say it's a Pokemon focus episode, so they don't need to make separate title cards for all the other Pokemon. As mentioned earlier with Goodra.

Actually, Serena referred to Eevee as female in context when she yelled at Quilladin, Chespin and Pancham when they were fighting: "If your violent, girls won't like you!"

That's actually a good point. I think we can see Eevee as female because Quiladin was going to fight to impress, which supposedly backfired

Serena referred to Eevee as female in this episode so this topic of conversation can finally end forever.

I am surprised that no one else liked this episode - I loved it! I thought Hariborg was a great PotD with a hilariously OTT personality. The epi he had when Eevee multiplied made me laugh out loud! As has become standard in these kind of episodes, we got to see a glimmer of each Pokemon's personality and traits. As a regular viewer of the show I find it quite rewarding just finding out more about the characters in their day-to-day setting rather than the plot always having to advance significantly.

The TRio's conversations were really funny in this episode. I especially liked their discussion about photosynthesis where (from what I understood) Musashi decided it sucked because you can't eat cake :p

As with every love episode, the best part was Satoshi's total lack of comprehension!

And don't forget how the Rocket trio wanted to be the ones to get to name Puni-chan. Beautiful Musashi! Cool Kojirou! :p

PokePete said:
Nothing Special about this episode. No mention of Team Flare.

The Rocket-Dan mentioned them at the beginning of the episode.

PropellorYoshi1808 said:
Really disappointed Team Rocket didn't get new motto animation. If they're treating this arc as a whole new series why not replace that 2-year old animation that's been used in 75+ episodes?

They're being wildly inconsistent with this whole "new series" thing, aren't they? They hype it up as a new series instead of a new "season" of XY, TV-Tokyo gives it its own website separate from the XY website (all the BW "Seasons" just got thrown onto tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_bw, one after the other), they make up a brand new segment for after the end credits...but then they keep the same XY title screen, eyecatch, and Rocket-Dan motto animation. It's odd that they'd do some things but not others.

That's actually a good point. I think we can see Eevee as female because Quiladin was going to fight to impress, which supposedly backfired

Yeah! If you look at the XY&Z opening, Eevee got eyelashes on each eyes. There's no doubt Eevee's a female! So confirm that as a reference or say Serena's Eevee is a female, Pancham's a male and Chespin a male too. Why is everyone even liked this episode? Shame. It was just an ok episode to me.

They're being wildly inconsistent with this whole "new series" thing, aren't they? They hype it up as a new series instead of a new "season" of XY, TV-Tokyo gives it its own website separate from the XY website (all the BW "Seasons" just got thrown onto tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_bw, one after the other), they make up a brand new segment for after the end credits...but then they keep the same XY title screen, eyecatch, and Rocket-Dan motto animation. It's odd that they'd do some things but not others.

Yeah it's really weird, it's making me have a hard time thinking of this as a 100% new series like OS->AG or AG->DP rather than XY Season 2. The exact same main cast, no animation/style change (each series has had slightly different art assets), it's still in the middle of the Kalos story, all of the stuff you said, plus it's probably not going to last past 2016 so unless Gen 7 is released next year it's probably going to be replaced by XY Season 3 and I feel like splitting XY into three completely different series' is kind of excessive. They can call it a brand new series all they want but it still just gives off vibes of "XY Season 2".

I think this episode is too random. Its a nice episode non-the-less but its just strange. Mostly due to its timing.

I am happy with Eevee showcasing a new move and is now able to be close to Bonnie. And Serena adding to Bonnie's bag is another cool thing. And them contacting Sycamore to come is great too. And this is the one thing I am happy with the writing. With the 19th movie being about Zygarde, I had a feeling the Team Flare Arc is going to be long. So making little progress even when in filers seems like a good take instead of no progression on the main plot at all.

No comment on the Quiladin though. He is weird. But appreciate the laugh though.

Overall an OK episode, 7/10.

So confirm that as a reference or say Serena's Eevee is a female, Pancham's a male and Chespin a male too.
I don't think Yancham or Harimaron's sex was explicitly confirmed or even implied in this episode - there was no evidence that either of them were crushing on Eevee (whereas Hariborg obviously was). They were acting more like protective older siblings. Yes, it's quite likely they are male based on the traits this anime tends to give male and female pokemon however unless there was a piece of dialogue explicitly stating it in this episode (which I didn't catch) or some other episode then we don't know for sure.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom