• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY096: Mega Tabunne VS Giga Giga Nyarth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a summary of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

The group encounters a Joy trapped behind a rock. She guides them to a Pokémon Center, but they're unable to actually enter it!?

A Joy with a Mega-Evolution...

Oh Arceus :-|

James Mega Evolved Garchomp that wasnt even his own.... anyone can mega evolve guys xD

Audino? But this isn't Unova or the Decolore Islands... Oh, wait. Joys have numerous Pokemon including Combusken, Latias, and Zoroark.

At least we get another Mega in the main series, which have been very rare to date. I think XY068 was the last time anybody used a Mega.

Is "Giga Giga Nyarth" just another way of saying that the mecha from XY010 is returning? :/

Yes I had high hopes for mega evolve but putting it in regular show from Joy for the beggining has disappointed me.

Like Tsutarja has pointed out above, it shouldn't be a surprise when they have a Latias......

And in the Anime Mega Evolution is all about the bond, I don't see why a Nurse Joy couldn't do it too.

What's so bad about Joy having a mega evolution? o.õ
Like Tsutarja has pointed out above, it shouldn't be a surprise when they have a Latias......

And in the Anime Mega Evolution is all about the bond, I don't see why a Nurse Joy couldn't do it too.

Appearently you have misunderstood my point. I didn't call the situation "surprise" or "Nurse Joy can't do it". It is just being "heroic" in my respect. Imagine Ash would get Key Stone and Mega Stone and he would mega evolve his Charizard/Sceptile or whichever you desire and he would have a battle against Alain (maybe?). Instead, they make Ash stay out of the situation and just watch whatever happens.

Of course Nurse Joy going first for this doesn't mean the rest of events related to mega evolutions will be boring/wasted or whatever you call. But opening it in the regular show should have meant something if you ask me. Of course anyone is free to think otherwise, afterall.

I'm angry that this is an episode that they could have done in XY as an important episode, instead of using it as a filler for XYZ. It does have some potential, because we are almost guaranteed an Unova reference, and we might even get a confirmation that the Nurses Joy change their looks when they are transfered.

I hope at the very least we see Blaziken Mask again. This Mega evolution subplot is slow as hell...

Is "Giga Giga Nyarth" just another way of saying that the mecha from XY010 is returning? :/

It already came back on XY068. It was still potrayed as a generic mecha, through.

James Mega Evolved Garchomp that wasnt even his own.... anyone can mega evolve guys xD

Don't forget about Scottie apparently XD
tumblr_inline_npfdp7hlSY1smratj_500.png

Last edited:
The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto
Clemont: Yūki Kaji
Bonnie: Mika Kanai
Serena: Mayuki Makiguchi
Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani
Dedenne: Megumi Satō
Jessie: Megumi Hayashibara
James: Shin'ichirō Miki
Meowth: Inuko Inuyama
Wobbuffet: Yuji Ueda
Nurse Joy: Chinatsu Akasaki
Professor Sycamore: Hiroshi Tsuchida
Tsutomu: Shiho Kokido
Chief Nurse: Miyako Itō

Here are some new summaries of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

As they make their way through a forest towards the nearby Pokémon Center, Ash and his friends meet an eccentric Joy who has been trapped behind a rock. It turns out Joy studies Mega Evolution out of admiration for Professor Sycamore.

As they continue their journey, Ash and friends discover that a Joy, who's working at a Pokémon Center, has been trapped behind a rock and can't move. After rescuing Joy, she tells them she studies Mega Evolution out of admiration for Professor Sycamore. Joy guides them to the Pokémon Center, but for some reason they can't enter it.

Nurse Joy and her assistant Audino get in a huge quarrel! What will Ash do?

The woman Ash and his friends rescue in a forest turns out to be a slightly eccentric Nurse Joy who researches Mega Evolution. Ash and the others head to the Pokémon Center together with her, but they don't get to enter it! Apparently Nurse Joy's assistant Audino is angry at her for just leaving like that. Ash and his friends do their best to make the two reconcile, but then Team Rocket show up!

Chief Nurse?

You mean the Joys actually report to a superior?! :eek:

Preview
- Ash jumps down a cliff.
- Professor Sycamore studies Squishy
- Professor Sycamore shows off a Audinite inside a glass case.
- Nurse Joy Mega Evolves her Audino.

[video=youtube;kfkm3cE1SZg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfkm3cE1SZg[/video]

Giant ass Meowth robot returns, again. Sycamore just up and giving out Mega Stones here, he just so happens to have an Audinite. I'd hope that this was planned story-wise, Nurse Joy contacted Sycamore about the Mega Evolution research and he was going to give her that as part of it. Otherwise I'd question why the hell is he walking around with Mega Stones. :/

I wonder how long it's going to take Sycamore to notice that Puni-chan is Zygarde.

I hope Sycamore gives Ash a mega stone one day ;_;

If a Joy can have Latias, a Joy can also have a Mega.

Who knows, Joy could have a Mega Latias!! :O

no but seriously, I'm glad they're having an episode that focuses on a Mega Evolved Pokemon; there are still a ton that have yet to debut in the main series anime. I dont really count many of the ones that debuted in the specials, because they rarely get very much focus other than Alain's Charizard-X kicking their butts across the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom