• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY096: Mega Tabunne VS Giga Giga Nyarth!!

Well, I must say this is a decent episode.

I love how the writers make it so that there is no coincidence. Professor Sycamore only appeared because of their phone call to him last episode. And I thought its weird for Sycamore to bring an Audinite everywhere, in the end it turns out Nurse Joy found the Audinite, Sycamore just gave them his Keystone temporarily, this is so much more logical than I thought!

Overall nothing impactful happened in this episode, except Sycamore collected samples of Puni-chan that is. But the dynamic between Audino and Nurse Jy was a fun ride. I especially love when Nurse Joy got that flash back where Audino did better than her in the graduation exam.

Overall pretty decent episode, 8/10.

Super boring episode and the Rocket-Dan's part was waaaaaay too small but I liked how they referenced how Joi in different regions use different pokemon.

I like Mega Audino even more after this episode. So cute yet so badass. <3

518.jpg

"You messed with the wrong Joy."

Pointless episode. The only relevant thing that happened was Sycamore meeting Puni-chan in person and taking DNA samples (?).

Can I have a time machine to go forward two weeks? Please?

The episode was alright but not that great. I thought it was better than last week but that was about it. Sure, the Joy-Audino relationship was moderately interesting to see, and then Sycamore taking a sample of some kind from Puni-chan at least advanced that story. TR's random blast-off scene was kind of funny, although how the explosion didn't blow up the Poke Balls too is a mystery to me. :/

Oh and I call bullshit on a Mega Audino actually doing damage.

The best bit was the DP flashback which showed Gregguru in the post-episode segment.
Also Citron sliding down the cliff at the beginning.
Otherwise rather a lacklustre and badly pulled together episode.
Good job Takegami will get a chance to redeem himself in 2 episodes time............

I think it was a real dick move for Satoshi to attack the Rocket trio after they gave back all the Monster Balls. Just let them walk away peacefully instead of blasting them off for the sake of blasting them off!

Have they gone back to Team Rocket making pointless appearances (and sometimes without foreshadowing) every week for absolutely no reason? The episode could've been a bit better if they didn't show up, and had Ash challenge Joy and Audino to a battle for the Mega Evolution. I'm a bit glad that they've not forgotten about Audino (and maybe Chansey) being an aid of Nurse Joy (even if this one is a bitch), but they could've done a bit better.

The whole episode was kinda boring. It's definitely more or less a filler episode, but idk if I'd be able to recommend skipping this when there's a few stuff about Puni-chan and Sycamore. There wasn't anything too important, but still.

Also, I used to skip the Oak Lectures at the end, but ever since the first XY&Z episode, I realized that the pokemon lectures now include new scenes that aren't in the main story. Cool touch.

I think it was a real dick move for Satoshi to attack the Rocket trio after they gave back all the Monster Balls. Just let them walk away peacefully instead of blasting them off for the sake of blasting them off!

Team Rocket had it coming. They broken the law time and time again. I am surprise that they survive so many blasts off considering a normal person would not. Mega Audino is a pretty cool pokemon and this episode sounds interesting.

Team Rocket had it coming. They broken the law time and time again. I am surprise that they survive so many blasts off considering a normal person would not.
I actually don't give two hoots about them being blasted off in general (been conditioned not to care over the years trololol) but your post has a pretty funny implication of:
They should be dead by now.
Ergo Satoshi should kill them :p
I assume this is not what you meant but it made me laugh!

The blast-off is more symbolic; crime is bad, good vs evil, etc. Plus there wasn't really an indication that TR would get up and leave "peacefully", this isn't like the Flabebe episode (XY027?) where they were just left in an open field, they're still right next to the Pokemon Center they tried to steal from. You'd be inclined to send them packing.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom