• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY097: Shishiko and Kaenjishi! A Fiery Journey!!

It was The Lion King, the best movie of all time, but in Pokemon, the best TV show of all time!!!!!!!!! Perfect, 1,000,000/10 from me, bravo, bravo, standing ovation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

^ That's pretty much was I was going to say, Pokemon does The Lion King. Derivative, but still very well done :)

Yeah, this was more Pokemon meets Animal Planet than The Lion King. About the only similarity was Pyroar standing on Pride Rock.

To be honest I spent most of this episode hoping something interesting would happen but it didn't do it for me. Litleo was cute but that's not going to make me like the episode.

It was a good episode but Ash really should have caught that Litleo. Whoever his mysterious sixth Pokemon is better be worth the wait.

I swore Litleo was going to evolve when he was facing Team Rocket.

This was the best filler in awhile

Very good episode! It may have just been filler, but I enjoyed it immensely!

I kind of wish the female Pyroar had more of a role other than a mere cameo. I also kind of figured they weren't going to catch Litleo. I don't know why; the set up from the beginning gave that vibe that they weren't going to catch it. Oh yeah, I can also agree to it being nothing like the Lion King (and I'm kind of glad they didn't rip it off), but hey! I still enjoyed this episode! Litleo was so cute! <3

Cutest Filler so far in XY&Z!
Had to watch the episode twice.

I also agree with @ocelotlrama; I like the female more than the male, wish she would have been longer than the male.
Wished that Litleo would have gone with Serena (would have been awesome performing alongside Eevee)
I didn't see any resemblance to the Lion King
agree with others: Litleo was too cute in the episode!
(please excuse me, I'm going to watch it again)

Mediocre filler. Just interesting enough not to be boring. At least it showed how Pyroars/Litleos act in the wild and how they develop independence.

This episode was okay I guess, but the only thing that really kept my interest was the fact that it focused on my favorite Gen 6 Pokemon. Litleo was so adorable and Pyroar was so badass. However, I thought it was really weird that a majority of this episode focused on Litleo making his perilous journey while the gang and Pyroar just watched from the background. And TR was just annoying as usual. I did enjoy seeing Litleo walk through the flames to calm Pyroar. And the head touch they did at the end when they made up was cute.

I'll need to wait for the dub to give my full opinions. 5/10 for now.

Sigh. I like Litleo and all, but this episode didn't capture my interest much. I will say that it was cute though, even though I lost count of how many times Litleo got knocked around like a rag doll.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom