• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY099: Welcome to the Ninja Village! The Legend of the Heroic Gekkouga!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary of the episode, thanks to Dephender:

After reuniting with the ninja boy Sanpei and his Greninja, Ash and his friends get invited to a festival being held in the ninja village. The group has fun at the festival, interacting with the villagers, but suddenly trouble occurs when the village elder is abducted by a mysterious ninja army.

We've got new Data Broadcast
XY&Z002: Quilladin
XY&Z003: Audino
XY&Z004: Litleo
XY&Z005: Darkrai
XY&Z006: Venusaur
XY&Z007: Greninja

XY&Z008: Eevee
XY&Z009: Drapion

So either Shauna is returning with her newly evolved Venusaur, a CotD has one, or we're going to Sanpei's ninja village where we meet his older brother who also has a Venusaur. Considering Ash's Frogadier is evolving in the following episode, it could be possible we're getting a 2 part episode in the ninja village which could be pretty neat.

Called it from the Data Broadcast last week.

Looking forward to the start of this 2-part story and I expect the Naruto references to be thrown around like Poke Balls.

Last edited:
Hell yes ninja village! I've been looking forward to this.

I wonder if the ninja army are just villains of the day or if we have yet another enemy faction on our hands. Or if it's just a fakeout like the not-actually-evil ninja from Sanpei's last appearance.

This sounds like a good episode. Maybe Frogadier (if it not a Greninja yet) can learn a new move.

New Summary :
Ash and his friends have come to Sanpei's ninja village. But suddenly, a pack of masked ninjas attack!
w6vq1QQ.jpg

Bonnie wearing her ninja outfit again... That's making me smile way too much!

Here are some new images from the episode.

h5G6cql.png

OBeOPU7.png
rHyGUPk.png

Here is a new summary of the episode, along with bits of text that also relate to the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

Ash and his friends are making their way towards Snowbelle City when their old acquaintances, the ninja Sanpei and his Greninja, appear before them. Sanpei asks Ash and the others if their won't come to the festival being held in the ninja town.

"Sanpei and his partner Greninja appear!"
"What kind of festivals do they hold in this ninja town?"
"An enemy ninja army appear in the town. They abduct the head of the town."

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto

Clemont: Yūki Kaji

Bonnie: Mika Kanai

Serena: Mayuki Makiguchi

Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani

Dedenne: Megumi Satō

Jessie: Megumi Hayashibara

James: Shin'ichirō Miki

Meowth: Inuko Inuyama

Wobbuffet: Yuji Ueda

Sanpei: Yūko Sanpei

Ippei: Tatsuhisa Suzuki

Nihei: Yuka Nishigaki

Hanzo: Yo Kitazawa

Shinobu: Kanako Tojo

Kagetomo: Rikiya Koyama

Heidayu: Kensuke Satō

Greninja: Kiyotaka Furushima

Venusaur: Kenta Miyake

Ariados: Tsuguo Mogami

Here are two new summaries of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

Ash and his friends have come to the Ninja Village after being invited by Sanpei during a long belated reunion with him. There, they're told the story of the Hero Greninja that once saved the village. But just then, a mysterious group attacks the village! Who could they be!?

Sanpei and Greninja intercept Ash and his friends as they continue their journey towards Snowbelle City. Sanpei asks them if they won't come visit his hometown, the Ninja Village, since there's a festival being held there. This is Ash and his friends' first visit to the Ninja Village, and they spend their time interacting with both Sanpei's older brothers Ippei and Nihei as well as the other villagers. But suddenly, mysterious ninja attack!

Last edited:
Gotta say I am very concerned. If there isn't a big trial for Ash and Greninja, I wouldn't like Ash Greninja at all. Because its not justified and without the trial I don't think its very strong. I mean there is no proof of how strong their bond is, how strong their bond is in a way affects how hard it is to achieve this evolution (I call it evolution because it seems to be parallel to Mega Evolution) , and in some way it also means how strong the evolution is. I am having my finger crossed for this episode, as according to magazine scans, we are getting Ash Greninja in the next episode. The trial is likely to start at this episode, and I hope the trial do the evolution justice.

Or for the best I hope Ash Greninja didn't happen at the next episode after this. So that they can make a better trial for Ash and Greninja.

Anyone else just love how Sanpei and his bros. are narrating the preview? :ROFLMAO:

Is it too late for Sanpei to get his own spin-off (or at least some Ash-free specials)???

I just hope they don't get in trouble with Masashi Kishimoto over this... :cautious:

Anyone else just love how Sanpei and his bros. are narrating the preview? :ROFLMAO:

Is it too late for Sanpei to get his own spin-off (or at least some Ash-free specials)???

ninja-gaiden-wii.jpg

Would pay to see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom