• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY099: Welcome to the Ninja Village! The Legend of the Heroic Gekkouga!!

Except he wasn't really paying attention to Shinobu, so his point wasn't to get laid. If it was, wouldn't Shinobu be the one drinking.

Or did I entirely miss the point of your comment?
Yeah tbh I was just making a general point. My experience with alcohol is that the early stages of drunkenness are largely psychological (and apparently I am not wrong!)
Sorry this is a bit off-topic as I didn't even notice the old guy having a drink so...

But also, why would Shinobu have to be drinking in order for him to get with her????

But also, why would Shinobu have to be drinking in order for him to get with her????

Isn't that how the drunk stereotype works?

In order for a man to get with a woman, she has to get drunk, otherwise she wouldn't be with him in the first place. Seeing as how he's a pervy old man, and she has the appearance of the attractive woman.

Logically for the stereotype to work, him getting drunk doesn't mean he gets luckier with the woman, as him getting drunk wouldn't logically change her mind, since she's unaffected by his drinking.

Unless there's some weird ninja technique where people get drunk by association.

My initial point was, how could children think this man is getting drunk just because he took a sip, and suddenly was blushing. Honestly I would believe it'd make more sense that he just really enjoyed the taste of his beverage.

Even if parents or otherwise adults believe that after taking one drink/sip a man immediately becomes drunk and shows the effects of being drunk such as blushing. How could anyone believe children would immediately think that or think that all. I mean I don't know what he said, but even if he said "This is some good beer/sake" they could easily change the dub to "This is some good tea or a good drink"

I'm just not sure why they would have to deliberately edit out the blushing just because it makes it appear like he's intoxicated, when I doubt "normal" kids/children would even come to that conclusion.

Look dman stop asking difficult questions :p I don't know the answers!!!!

Did the evil ninjas really bump off that guard? Probably just knocked him out, but that was unexpected. They really seem credible as a threat.

Excellent episode all around, with comedy, action, and plot.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom