• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY100: Decisive Battle in the Ninja Village! Gekogashira VS Kirikizan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is amazing!
It looks like Sanpei's Greninja has learned Night Slash, and Ash's Greninja learns Water Shuriken (as we already knew). But, what is the Flare Blitz move (but water type) that Greninja uses. It can't be Aqua Jet, some say Waterfall. That'll be interesting too, and will Greninja learn two moves from evolution?

I fully expect Ash's Greninja to start using Water Shuriken and Night Slash as if it never knew Water Pulse or Cut. I don't think that water around it is a move, just some kind of animation effect or even Torrent? Best case scenario it debutes a new Water variant of Double Edge that'll appear in the next game...

This is definitely the episode to look forward to. Greninja would be Ash's first fully evolved water starter and it fits him quite well since it is a speedy pokemon. I don't really agree with Water Shruriken but I get the whole ninja theme thing. Night Slash would a great move since Greninja is part dark. It should keep Aerial Ace as it is a good counter against grass types.

The Ash!Greninja bit of the new preview didn't excite me since we've had foreshadowing for that for months now. I'm just happy to see Sanpei do stuff too.

That is amazing!
It looks like Sanpei's Greninja has learned Night Slash, and Ash's Greninja learns Water Shuriken (as we already knew). But, what is the Flare Blitz move (but water type) that Greninja uses. It can't be Aqua Jet, some say Waterfall. That'll be interesting too, and will Greninja learn two moves from evolution?

It could be another "non-move" like frubbles.

Well I must state my questions
Is this the debut episode of Ash fusing with his Greninja
How will this scenario tie into the XYZ opening

XYZ= examine your zipper JK:whistle:

Well I must state my questions
Is this the debut episode of Ash fusing with his Greninja
How will this scenario tie into the XYZ opening

XYZ= examine your zipper JK:whistle:

It is the debut of Ash fusing with Greninja, and I don't believe this episode has anything to do with the presumed 'mini-fallout' between Ash and Greninja. We believe this will happen after losing to Sawyer and his Sceptile and/or Alain's Charizard.

Pokenchi Preview
- Ash commands his Pikachu and Frogadier to attack.
- Heidayu's Bisharp gets thrown back by Ash's Frogadier while Frogadier is covered in the blue evolutionary light.
- Ash's Frogadier evolves into Greninja.
- Ash's Ash-Greninja fights against Bisharp.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmmL-faZfoU

Ok so this episode is gonna b pretty awesome!!! The only criticism that I have is that Greninja gets this new power so soon after it evolves. I wish he had a few episodes to grow as a fully evolved Pokemon b4 it needed to resort to a new form of any kind. In any event the XY and now XY&Z series has been just beautiful. Definitely a step up from BW......or rather many many steps up hahaha Anyway I can't wait to watch more!

That is amazing!

Based on my opinion and some translated text, Ash Greninja being surrounded by water is merely a characteristic of Ash Greninja. Kind of like Frubbles.

Some text said something along the lines of "covering itself in water and unlocking new power when it releases that water"

Plus in the opening and the preview, Ash Greninja is seen using cut while being surrounded by water, so its just a characteristic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom