• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY103: Eureka and Puni-chan!

Oh my goodness, what a fab way to start the year :)

More examples of what a great Pokemon trainer Bonnie's going to be.
:cry: <- me at the part where she'd clearly cried herself to sleep.
There's nothing wrong with Bonnie getting emotional about Puni-chan going missing, she's a little girl who cares deeply about it (and Ash cries all the time about his Pokemon, even in the opening credits).
Bunnelby gets injured and because Bonnie knows how important it is to Clemont, she decides to go and search for the healing plant on her own, which involves freeclimbing a huge mountain.

Poor Clemont, yet again he makes an invention that works really well and Jessie breaks it.
New Team Rocket music - squee!
Serena battling alongside Ash (I love the little moves Braixen does when she attacks).

Puni-chan sees how caring Bonnie is, so it helps her out and then comes back, more tears from me (which continued through the adorable Poke TV Bunnelby segment).

I gotta say, I feel a sudden increase in budget in this episode. The camp fire and its lighting is just surprisingly well animated! ....... I know I am looking at the camp fire when Ash and co. are talking..... -_-"

Clemont amd Bonnie's interaction in this episode is just awesome. Especially making the machine to find Puni-chan overnight!

Bunnelby! How I love you! He is getting spotlights and not wasting it at all. I felt Bunnelby has became more and more of a character over time, and that is just good.

Bonnie is just too fantastic in every single one of her focus episode.... I don't even know how do I praise this character anymore.

Serena and Ash fighting Team Rocket is never this satisfying, especially Serena is full on serious mode! She hasn't been doing that for a long time already.

Team Flare had found Z1.... now that's disaster.

And the episode ended with a full circle! Puni-chan is back, Bunnelby is healed.

14/10 no explanation needed.

That Meowstic impression is top notch! Bunnelby is so talented lol

Bonnie is literally the spitting image of Satoshi. Everything she does you would expect Satoshi to do.

Ah so we should expect her to flop at Leagues as well should she desire to compete in them.

I liked Clemont and Bonnie's scenes, though Bunnelby getting hurt just seemed like a desperate shock factor and I'm sick of him getting the short end of the stick constantly. :/

Ah so we should expect her to flop at Leagues as well should she desire to compete in them.

I liked Clemont and Bonnie's scenes, though Bunnelby getting hurt just seemed like a desperate shock factor and I'm sick of him getting the short end of the stick constantly. :/
I was going more for the "I do whatever it takes, no matter what happens" personality.

Ehh. It's not likes it's Ash's fault he hasn't won a league yet. Maybe it'll be different this time around.

Last edited:
That was an amazing episode! I really don't care about Puni-chan but I actually felt it in my own heart when Eureka was upset. That campfire scene was outstanding and I was so pleased to see Citron acting like a real big brother throughout the episode. Great animation as has already been mentioned.

On pausing the tape, is it me or was that actually Bluni-chan between Kojirou's legs when the machine came?! Their affinity begins?...

The episode was so-so. The beggining scene was great, in the last episode I thought Bonnie was acting rather bratty but now I see that there was some maturity behind that behavior. Clemont recieved both focus and development.

But after that scene, all we got was a lot of action scenes crammed together with no actual purpose. We could have gotten a more focused episode based on searching for Puni-chan using some clues or something. And I think the title was misleading, because while both Bonnie and Puni-chan developed separately as characters I don't think the relationship between them has changed much.

Is it my imagination or Bunnelby is really popular in Japan?

I remember when Horubee was horribly developed. By XY083 out of nowhere, it's gotten a crap load of attention. Now the only one that needs an actual focus episode is Fiarrow, who hasn't gotten any focus episodes without evolving. Heck, the episode where it did evolve hardly even focused on it.

That being said, I liked the scene with Citron and Eureka then any of the other scenes.

Last edited:

Not with Punichan by her side :p She'd troll the league worse than Tobias!!! And yeah, felt sorry for Bunnelby. He's cute but always the punching bag. And I can see Eevee/Sylveon breaking his heart.

I remember when Horubee was horribly developed. By XY083 out of nowhere, it's gotten a crap load of attention. Now the only one that needs an actual focus episode is Fiarrow, who hasn't gotten any focus episodes without evolving. Heck, the episode where it did evolve hardly even focused on it.

That being said, I liked the scene with Citron and Eureka then any of the other scenes.

Sadly Talonflame is like all regional birds, just there to scout the area and occasionally pop team rockets balloon. THey rarely get any focus. Still it gets more than Unfezant.

And yeah I like Bunnelby, I hope it never evolves into that ugly Diggersby!

Sadly Talonflame is like all regional birds, just there to scout the area and occasionally pop team rockets balloon. THey rarely get any focus. Still it gets more than Unfezant.

And yeah I like Bunnelby, I hope it never evolves into that ugly Diggersby!
I really can't see Citron with a Horudo. Ew...
As for the flying types, I think it's gotten to the point where Rocket-Dan's Pokemon have gotten more developed then them. :sneaky:

I take great umbrage to this bashing of birds - Mukubird was practically the most developed pokemon of all time!!

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom