• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY104: Onbat and Flaette! An Encounter in the Wind!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
XY104: Onbat and Flaette! An Encounter in the Wind!!
Airs: January 21

lbUAASv.jpg

Here is a summary of the episode, courtesy of Dephender for the translation of it, as well as the full title.

Noibat has ended up angering a Breloom. A passing Floette comes to the rescue, but...

Would Noibat enounter AZ's Floette? It would make an interesting plot mover.

I want it to be AZ's Floette, but they never showed AZ and/or his Floette on the poster when they first advertised XY&Z

But then again, they never showed Shota on the poster.

Really, guys? The Floette shown being AZ's Floette would spoil the fact that she is alive, and AZ's story wouldn't have much emotion. It would be a big insult to the games.

On the other hand, I'm expecting Noibat to evolve here, because Eevee is supposed to evolve in february and yet it appears in the poster as a Eevee while Noibat appears as a Noivern.

Really, guys? The Floette shown being AZ's Floette would spoil the fact that she is alive, and AZ's story wouldn't have much emotion. It would be a big insult to the games.
It's hard to take away the emotion from what was only barely more than cliffnotes in the original product. Besides, Floette was revived by the weapon. It's not so much that he assumed she was dead, it's that she left him after she was revived because of the lives AZ cost to bring her back. The tragedy comes from the price AZ had to pay for Floette, the loneliness he felt for 3000 years, and having to redeem himself. Whether she's alive or not isn't the focus, but the loneliness and turmoil AZ felt being away from her.

I don't think this Floette will be his, but I could totally see it working: they spot Eternal Floette here and are all "oh her flower's pretty," and then move on. If they meet AZ, he'll talk about Floette and reminisce about it. People who've played the games would know Floette is alive, eagle-eyed children who remember Eternal Floette might be suspicious. Maybe have a few scenes of Floette watching AZ from afar, and you got a set-up for the rest of their story.

Its about damn time Noibat gets some focus again. We've been waiting too long for this. I'm hoping that Noibat doesn't evolve, though. Its too early and Noibat is the most underdeveloped of Ash's Kalos team.

Exactly. Noibat needs more development before its evolution. It needs to hurry up though. It will need Goodra-like focus if it wants to evolve soon in this arc.

Finally Noibat is getting more focus. Eevee's amount of focus should have been split with Noibat.......

I hope this is AZ's Floetta

Hopefully Noibat will get some new moves, Boomburst and/or a Dragon type would be nice

EDIT:

Noibat can't learn Boomburst, Noivern can

Last edited:
Call me crazy, but what if Floette is ash's grass type? Despite the typing it does learn grass type moves, and even if its not powerful looking, its not the first time ash would have a female on his team. Bayleef was very efeminate, and so was Snivy. Not to mention Ash with a Fairy type would be an amazing twist.

I doubt this is AZ Floette. Probably just a random wild one.

Though if it is AZ foreshadowing, things are gonna get a lot more interesting

Call me crazy, but what if Floette is ash's grass type? Despite the typing it does learn grass type moves, and even if its not powerful looking, its not the first time ash would have a female on his team. Bayleef was very efeminate, and so was Snivy. Not to mention Ash with a Fairy type would be an amazing twist.

Would be nice but would rather he catch Flabebe instead of an evolved form

Would be nice but would rather he catch Flabebe instead of an evolved form

Even if Floette evolves by stone, I still think if they were aiming for Florges by the league, Floette would make more sense at this stage than Flabebe.

Especially when you consider Bonnie bonded with a Flabebe, makes it hard for me to believe that Ash would catch any Pokemon Bonnie bonds with.

(o_o )
( o_o)
Maybe Serena will catch it...?

I wonder if Noibat gets separated from the team first before angering the Breloom, then winds up with Floette who ends up working together with it to escape Breloom's wrath and agrees to help find Noibat's way to the others as well. Maybe Noibat learns a new move while trying to protect Floette too. I can see the ep going something like this, probably.

Also, I really hope they don't make Noibat evolve so soon in this ep.

I heard someone mention a poster, what poster?

I really hope Noibat doesn't evolve here, it's far too soon to just get up and evolve after over 20 episodes of nothing.
A new move or two, maybe, but I'll be very disappointed if the writers give in to their obvious favoritism of Noivern this early...

Is there any new summaries for this episode? Episode 102 and 104 all got updated summaries, and we got a summary for episode 105.

I haven't heard of any. Things seem to have been particularly quiet with this episode as of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom