• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

PREVIEW: XY105: Satoshi and Serena! Catch One at the Dance Party!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
XY105: Satoshi and Serena! Catch One at the Dance Party!!
Airs: January 28

Thanks to Dogasu for the translation of the title.

Last edited:

Garren

Onduru ruragittan disukaa
Reaction score
There's really only one thing that comes to mind when you read that title...(n)

Reaction score
There's really only one thing that comes to mind when you read that title...(n)
Oh my...Hehehe...

I'm not a fan of these pairing bait episodes, though part of me still hopes for some manner of character growth...

Maybe I'm just a fool.

Reaction score
Hang on, really? Playerking where is this from? Are we sure this isn't just a really good troll????

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Since the original title isn't meant to be a double entendre I think a better translation would be "Satoshi and Serena! Catch One at the Dance Party!"

It seems very likely this is a pokemon capture episode.

Lillie

Get in the bag Nebby
Reaction score
Dephender from serebii translated the title:

Ash and Serena! Getting One at a Dance Party!!

Since the original title isn't meant to be a double entendre I think a better translation would be "Satoshi and Serena! Catch One at the Dance Party!"

Yeah I would like that. If it is a capture episode I wonder what they would catch. It definitely won't be an amour focused episode though imo.

CrystaI

The Pokemon Observer
Reaction score
Dephender from serebii translated the title:

Ash and Serena! Getting One at a Dance Party!!
That is a super misleading translation, you know? For better or worse what it may implied if one doesn't read the original Japanese title...... :love:

Lillie

Get in the bag Nebby
Reaction score
That is a super misleading translation, you know? For better or worse what it may implied if one doesn't read the original Japanese title...... :love:
Its probably intended to be misleading. I doubt that any amour hints will be of importance in this episode.

Mitchman

Simpler times ahead
Reaction score
That episode title, I ain't touching it with a ten foot pole. On the other hand, if it is a capture episode, would it be for Serena or for ash? I would assume Serena, a dancing mon would fit her more. Hell, with her recent loss, I wouldn't be surprised if she captured this ultra suave dancing Pokemon that can train her Eevee to be super boss in Tripokalons. Kinda like Talonflame teaching Noibat to fly.

CrystaI

The Pokemon Observer
Reaction score
Its probably intended to be misleading. I doubt that any amour hints will be of importance in this episode.
No, I mean, the English translation is misleading in the sense of...... "H" in Japanese.

That's why it is important in reading the title in original language in order to clarified it.

Reaction score
So we think this is legit then? (Legit trolling by Omode more like...) No point in even dignifying the inevitable dead-end ship-tease with a response, so let me just say this:
Nokocchi, it is time.

Jaypom

Reaction score
But we can all agree... everyone was not immediately thinking itd be a capture episode because lets face it... who really does have a pure mind

SammyW27

Harley D. Luffy
Reaction score
Gangway! Fresh fuel for the ship, coming through!

Adamant

Reaction score

I quite disagree, specifically because of that "very likely" in your final sentence there being merely a "very likely". When there's no context to the word "get" and no indication of any new, upcoming team additions despite this episode being right around the corner... making an assumption like that is a bit too risky for something that's going to be plastered all over the Internet for people to see as an objectively correct translation without any "actually it could also mean x" footnotes attached to it. Which is the exact reason I used "get" in the first place. It's better to be ague than to end up being wrong.

(not to be mean, but you did refer to XY&Z2 as "The Hot-Blooded Hariborg! Its Target is Puni-chan!!" or whatever it was back when the episode hadn't actually aired and it was still rather unclear exactly who or what was targeting it... which is the exact same kind of logical-but-ultimately-incorrect assumption it's really in everyone's best interest to avoid as best as possible. Hence the "get" translation)

Alola

ᵢₙ ₜₕₑ ₙₐₘₑ ₒf ₜₕₑ ₘₒₒₙ...
Reaction score
I'm going to assume that the featured Pokemon in question will be another dancer akin to Pancham and Eevee. Thus Serena obtaining something new would be pretty nice. That or developing actual dance skills besides the "Spin N Smile."

Of course, I wouldn't mind Ash having a Pokemon that's a dance battler either. I just hope this episode title isn't super misleading...

Really looking forward it.

Elementar

The Paragon of Torna
Reaction score
I can't wait to see what the episode is about, because no one has a clue. I hope it is a capture episode with Serena admitting to Ash her crush.

BigDocFan

Reaction score
So hoping for a new capture here, Ash definitely needs a new Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.