• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY105: Satoshi and Serena! Catch One at the Dance Party!!

This episode was OK, but felt boring.
Some of the highlights within the episode:
*Dedenne, Maiika, Yancham, and Horubee are all revealed to be male! As if Gao Gao All Stars didn't give it away though...
*Loved how Musashi was swinging poor Kojiro around while Nyarth and Sonansu just eat calmly.
*I read the events too quickly and thought Satoshi and Serena lost. Some day, Kojiro, some day.. :cry:
Overall a decent episode.

So shippers got trolled again and Eevee evolved. Other than Miette's presence, I didn't really like anything else that occurred here.

I kinda wanted her Eevee to evolve into Jolteon since it's got very little representation amongst main/rival characters, but the Sylveon was nice to see. Another illegal evolution like Sliggoo -> Goodra, the feeler coming first was absolutely adorable though.

This episode was insane but not because of its content but rather due to the huge backlash it caused... Sylveon was a treat though.

Lol, this was great. Hilarious character interactions along with an evolution.

Idk what Pancham and Braxien were fighting about, but it gave me such older sister, younger brother vibes and I loved it. Their facial expressions were priceless and it almost makes me wish they had more little spats like that more often. Better than anything Pancham's "rivalry" with Chespin that's for sure.

Nice that they're continuing to show Eevee's bond with Bunnelby. Though, I really kind of wish Serena would have suggested to have Eevee partner with Bunnelby rather than Ash doing it. It would have been great for her to put aside her desires of wanting to go to a dance party with Ash and choose Clemont for Eevee's sake. Oh well. Not too bad I guess.

Geez, why does Miette like teasing Serena about her crush on Ash so much? It's kind of weird, but whatever; Serena's facial expression when Miette asked Ash to be her partner was hilarious. But honestly, what was Miette going to do if Serena and co. didn't go to that party? She needed to have a guy to dance with her and with Showcases being female only, it's not likely that some random guy would have just shown up by himself. It almost seemed like Miette went there knowing Serena would come just to try to get to Ash and make her jealous. That's how I felt about it at least:p

This party is awesome! They give you a huge selection of beautiful FREE dresses to wear. I'd love to go to a party like that:) Slurpuff is so cute. I love how much she acts so bold with Pikachu, kind of like Miette towards Ash. And speaking of Ash and Miette, lol, at him getting stuck carrying her clothes. Aw, Bunnelby's so sweet, talking to nervous little Eevee.

I loved the scene where Serena and Aria smile and acknowledge each other. I guess Aria figures Serena must have realized it was her in disguise way back then. A bit odd that they were had that Intense battle music in the background during Aria and Monsieur Pierre's dance. And am I the only one who found them dancing together kind of weird. I mean, he does seem quite a bit older than her. Anyway, lol, Clemont is so nervous, but his bunny is not. Lol, Clemont, it's just Serena. Eevee prancing around Bunnelby was so cute, but why wasn't he dancing? Lol, looks like Psyduck is a pretty bad dancer. I kind of wish Braxien and Panacham would have danced together on the side. That could have made for some more hilarious interactions like in the beginning of the episode. OMG, what were Jigglypuff and Marril doing rolling around? That's not dancing. Slurpuff and Pika danicng was funny, but Ash being a complete and utter fail was the best. Bet you wish you didn't pick him now, Miette. Aw, Bunnelby and Eevee's bunny hop dance was cute.

Hold on, was that music Meloetta's song? Hm... Anyway, idk why I was so entranced by that Sneasel dancing. Eevee dancing with Furret was cute though. Oh no, please Ash, don't hurt the Kalos Queen with your crap dancing. Lol Clemont's still nervous. OMGLOL#POORSERENA. Seriously though, she already wanted to dance with Ash from the start, he was taken away by Miette, then right when Serena gets the opportunity to dance with him, dance time is over. I actually felt bad for for. Welp, guess it's battle time. Aw, Eevee don't wanna fight.

Eevee's evolution into Sylveon was beautiful and so unique. I love how she grew out one of her feelers to connect with Serena before evolving. Makes sense seeing as Sylveon needs high affection to evolve. Don't really mind all that much that she didn't know a Fairy-type move beforehand. The battle as a whole could have been better though. Serena literally only had Eevee use Swift during the first half of the battle and then Fairy wind after evolving. No Protect or Double Team at all, both of which would have been really useful when Miette and James were spamming them with attacks. Miette spamming Enegy ball was pretty lame too. Though I did like how Sylveon utilized her dancing skills to dodge attacks again. I honestly thought they might forget about that.
I liked Bunnelby talking to Sylveon after the battle. Can't really tell if Sylveon is still shy or not, but regardless, I hope nothing will change in her relationship with Bunnelby. And I really liked how Aria was talking to Sensei Palermo about Serena and Sylveon.

Aw, Sylveon holding Serena's arm at the end was cute. Sylveon is my least favorite Eeveelution, but maybe seeing Serna's will get me to warm up to it. Overall, a really nice episode. 8/10.

The lowkey highlight of the episode was the Poke TV Performer News segment.

The episode, while still was exciting, still was a bit lack luster. What stood out to me was that serena's eivui evolving to nymphia and that's about it. 7/10

Gotta love how low effort the guys' oufits are: all palette swaps of each other. It's like whatever organising committee realised too late that by setting up a the-Performers-dancing-with-guys thing, they had to have rentals costumes for them too and went all 'to hell with it, order a large batch of one style'.

Sure, there's quite a few palette swaps of the girls' dresses, but at least the rental dresses come in more than one style.

This just happened, Omode (The writer of the episode) issued an apology....She twitted out an apology......

View: https://twitter.com/omodeakemi/status/692698980279414784

:eek: God this made me cringe with embarrassment! Poor woman, how pathetic is our fandom that people feel the need to harass staff working on the show?...

I also forgot to mention - for an episode about dancing, the music choices were really abysmal. The only bit I liked with the orchestrated version of the battle winning music from gen 1 and that was not even related to the dancing aspect...

This episode was everything I expected and even more!

The desire of Serena for dancing with Ash, the unfortunate outcome of having to dance with someone else due to Eevee shyness, Miette teasing her all the time, the background music on the dance, how they almost hold their hands...

Yes! I love it! I don't understand how anyone could feel trolled. This was a step forward, but not the conclusion yet.

Omode-san apologize was surprising and unfortunate too. Fans shouldn't be rude with her.

But she wrote again that was surprised to see many english tweets supporting her. I guess she is happy now.:LOL:

This makes me wonder if the producers of the anime are aware of that huge international audience that the show has long before it leaves Japan.
Will they notice how prominent Serena and Ash plot is?

We'll see...
Overall, I'm so happy about it!

It is one beatiful episode to remember.

Also, that headbutt between Ash and Miette was funny and scary as well.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I just loved all the reactions in this episode! :ROFLMAO:

And anyone who thought something would come of this for Serena's crush was just begging to be disappointed. :p

Great episode overall,laughed a lot watching it. Really nice how they gave screen time to most of the characters,Miette and Serena rivalry was just amazing,i don't know why some people got so frustrated,i mean,we got lots of amourshipping moments and Serena develop which is great. Chill out guys,amourshipping is not dead and the focus of the episode was Eevee's evolution,we were supposed to expect something like this coming after episode 59 and we should be thankful to Omode because she's the one who brought most amourshipping we've had so far

:eek: God this made me cringe with embarrassment! Poor woman, how pathetic is our fandom that people feel the need to harass staff working on the show?...

Terrible. Even when my feelings on the original version had hit the fever pitch that caused me to foolishly wish it would vanish (don't worry, people; I'm over that), I would've thought this was going too far. As it is now, yes, this was a low move for those fans who did that. No amount of negativity I feel toward the show's original version would make me feel that picking on the staff over ship-related events in this episode is justifiable. Frankly, the staff has nothing to apologize for.

Because I want to help comfort Ms. Omode after what happened, I decided to see this episode. Though my problems with the show's original version still stand, I don't totally regret seeing it.

Just curious: was Serena's Sylveon voiced by Shoko Nakagawa?

Loved the episode, well parts of it I did.
Some parts did made me laugh
Some parts made me loose interest.

Eevee evolving did made me tear up - they where tears of happiness

Last edited:
I don't care about the shipping, but I didn't find this episode boring. It was quite amusing actually.
Loved Eevee's evolution it was very well done. So emotional.
The only thing I found strange was that battle music when Elle and Pierre were dancing. I know I've heard that music in the games but I couldn't quite put my finger on what song it is. ETA: it's the song that plays in the battle against Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde.

Last edited:
The only thing I found strange was that battle music when Elle and Pierre were dancing. I know I've heard that music in the games but I couldn't quite put my finger on what song it is.

That was the Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde battle theme. I also believe it didn't fit at all. Honestly, esoteric music choices like that are a big part of the reason why I feel that TPCi is totally justified in replacing the show's soundtrack, because, frankly (especially on occasions like this), they need to.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom