• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY105: Satoshi and Serena! Catch One at the Dance Party!!

The episode was good. I thought that the dance scenes were going to be boring, but the writers managed to make them enternatining by doing comedy scenes using the characters' reactions and traits. We definitely need more of that.

The battle was rather predictable, but at least Miette, James and Inkay got a memorable participation. I would've liked to see Shauna or Nini coming back.

That was the Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde battle theme. I also believe it didn't fit at all. Honestly, esoteric music choices like that are a big part of the reason why I feel that TPCi is totally justified in replacing the show's soundtrack, because, frankly (especially on occasions like this), they need to.

Look, i know i am not any admin, but if you want to criticize the original version, do it in the threads related to the problem, nobody asked you to watch the original version. Stop making your point that "Dub is much better than the original" in the review threads

A couple more things:
- Who else felt sorry for Eureka? All dressed up and no one to dance with! They could at least have let her swan around with an appropriate pokemon (Tairenar's probably the right height and humanoid enough!)

- LOVED that the happiest couple appeared to be Maaiika and Pumpjin despite the staggering size difference! I loved that Pumpjin mirrored Musashi throughout the episode whilst Maaiika just was his normal self, apparently not at all affected by Kojiro's bad mood! They're both so funny, I hope we get to see a lot more like this.

Great episode overall,laughed a lot watching it. Really nice how they gave screen time to most of the characters,Miette and Serena rivalry was just amazing,i don't know why some people got so frustrated,i mean,we got lots of amourshipping moments and Serena develop which is great. Chill out guys,amourshipping is not dead and the focus of the episode was Eevee's evolution,we were supposed to expect something like this coming after episode 59 and we should be thankful to Omode because she's the one who brought most amourshipping we've had so far

So true. Even when the episode was "not" about amourshiping, she managed to please us very well.

One thing I did find funny was Pierre's size. Just how tall that guy is? Aria didn't even reach his chest.

Even if the episode was focused on Eevee evolving, there were still shipping tease, and the fact that they kept the shipping hints all this time means they're not giving up on it any time soon. Too bad that Serena didn't get to dance with Ash when she had been looking forward to that. However, she did put Eevee's comfort before her own desires and willingly went with Citron as her partner. I'm impressed with Serena by every episode about her.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom