• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY105: Satoshi and Serena! Catch One at the Dance Party!!

OMG WE WERE CHEATED OF OUR SATOSERE DANSU!!!

But lol, anyway, this episode was actually très boring. The only good things were the respective reactions/victim-behaviours of Citron, Satoshi (him carrying all those dresses was such a throwback to the Kanto Girls' Day episode!) & Kojiro.

I sometimes wonder who Serena fancies more - Satoshi or Elle...

I sometimes wonder who Serena fancies more - Satoshi or Elle...
I don't think Serena ever gazed at Ash with those eyes and said 'pretty...' so I think we all know who she fancies more. :p

I don't know, I really liked this episode. Ash was super clumsy while dancing which I thought was funny and Serena made many amusing face expressions. I also loved Eevee's evolution scene.

Also, Elle called Yashio 'sensei' so it is likely that Yashio probably mentored her at some point or was a teacher of some sort.

Waiting on the blue-balled Amourshippers

I liked the episode, but I sorta was left feeling like Serena was used as a punching bag.

Poor girl.

Yes, this was pretty much just a vehicle for Eevee's evolution, but it wasn't bad for all that, with things such as Clemont's adorable awkwardness and embarrassment and Jessie throwing James around when they were dancing.

I don't think Serena ever gazed at Ash with those eyes and said 'pretty...' so I think we all know who she fancies more. :p
You do that at her age, admiration of an idol becomes akin to a crush - remember back in the early days when Serena was crushing on Diantha?
Also, Elle called Yashio 'sensei' so it is likely that Yashio probably mentored her at some point or was a teacher of some sort.
That could be possible. However, she used to be a Judge, so maybe Aria was just using it as an indication of her respect.

Erm... I think it says she's apologizing to the fans about Serena and Satoshi (Ash) in the episode (about the lack of AmourShipping I suppose). Eevee's name is in there too, I think it says because it was centered around her evolution, something like that.

Also the episode was pretty boring I guess, except for Eevee's evolution of course. I love how she displays the characteristic Sylveon have towards their trainers by holding Serena's hand with her feeler at the end of the episode when they were walking together. Has that ever happened with other Sylveon that appeared in the anime?

Despite the lack of Ash and Serena romance - which is totally okay - I loved this episode.
Pancham and Braxien arguing at the beginning was adorable as was Serena's reaction.
I love the concern that Serena showed for Eevee after finding out about the dance and how throughout the episode she continuously checked on her Pokemon to make sure she wasn't scared or afraid. Also the conversation she had with Eevee as Ash battled was sweet, despite her surroundings Serena's love for Eevee showed.
Well at least Ash never changes and the mention of a battle gets him excited. Pikachu protecting Eevee and vise versa was adorable. I feel after the evolution Sylveon gained some much needed confidence.
I was surprised to note that we didn't see Shauna at all. Was the dance party for those in the area or that could make it? Maybe her absence was explained and I missed it..
This episode was wonderful and it saddens me to hear that the creator of the episode is getting some severe backlash.

That tweet doesn't look like an apology at all to me... I believe it's more of an explanation about the episode that's supposed to be focusing on Eevee instead of only Ash and Serena, or something like that. She says sorry at the end, but I see it more like a "I'm sorry for you if you were expecting something else".

Anyways,I'm not an Amourshipper, but it seems to me like this episode had a lot of it. I mean, the only downgrade is that they didn't actually dance, I guess?
The plot wasn't very complicated, but seeing Clemont being all nervious about dancing, Miette using Ash as a carrying bag, Ash being terrible at dancing, Jessie exhausting poor James while Meowth and Wobbuffet are just watching there stuffing their mouths... It all really made up for it.

I found this episode to be very entertaining. We need more splapstick in modern Pokémon and this episode had it.

Serena didn't get to dance with Ash. :( Otherwise this was good, I really like Omode's episodes.

It was a pretty good episode. Although bittersweet in a sense.

It's just sort of frustrating Ash, Serena didn't dance together in a dance themed episode.

This just happened, Omode (The writer of the episode) issued an apology....She twitted out an apology......

View: https://twitter.com/omodeakemi/status/692698980279414784

@omodeakemi
But, the overseas fans were criticizing. The quality of translation was being that so probably the meaning was not fully comprehended. I guess they expected advancement between Ash and Serena. However, the original offer was being an evolution episode, so it centered around Eevee. Sorry for that.

Expecting any sort of shipping progress, especially with Ash involved, is downright ridiculous and I cannot in my right mind comprehend why anyone would get their hopes up, especially for a show where the romance aspect is least significant thing.

The Pokemon aspect will always take precedence over anything else, that's how it's always been.

I've not no grudge against the lack of progress towards the shipping between Ash and Serena, because at the end of this series, Serena will be gone (except for a possible cameo in the next series... though considering Iris still has yet to make her expected cameo...), and another girl will take her place... only to be replaced by another girl at the end, and so on.

There really isn't any point in shipping Ash with anyone in my opinion. You'll just get teases and fancy merchandise, nothing else.

Also judging from the proper translation of the tweet, "Getting/Catching One at the Dance Party" was probably referring to the battle, them winning I mean.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom