• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY106: The Strongest Mega Battle! Gekkouga VS Mega Lizardon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash will definitely get his butt kicked.

But when the time comes for Ash to beat Alain with Ash-Greninja once more, I hope it'll be in the Flare HQ/Lysander Labs (wherever Manon is) where he'll sourly beat Mega Lizardon and face off with Lysander (and Malva I guess) afterwords with everyone else.

Although I like Alain and the specials, I REALLY don't like the fact that he's working with Flare-dan (even though they're kinda cool in a way), especially when it's pretty obvious something shady is going on with them.

...It makes a good story though. I can't wait for when the fight between Rockets and Flares'll happen, I also hope Essentia's added into the mix somewhere in this arc as well.

I can't remember a sound arse-kicking happening throughout the whole of XY so I'm quite looking forward to Satoshi getting it handed to him in this episode!

I'm honestly not looking forward to seeing Ash probably losing cause I hate Alain.

Agreed, Alain comes across as such a jerk, and Ash actually been really cool and not derpy so far this serious. (Unlike Unova Ash, who let's just pretend didnt happen)

What if Alain is called away right before the match ends......but Greninja is almost down.... Ash is left with Greninja in this episode's end thinking about his mistakes like after 1st Gym's 1st battle where he was very tensed.............

Why can't we just see him lose for once? I hate Alan too, but surely a real loss now will make his eventual epic win that much more epic? He hasn't had a decent rival since Shinji in DP, and whilst I'm not expecting miracles, I'd at least like to see a short-lived & worthwhile rivalry between him and Alan.

Agreed, Alain comes across as such a jerk, and Ash actually been really cool and not derpy so far this serious. (Unlike Unova Ash, who let's just pretend didnt happen)
Not only does he come across as a jerk, but I feel like Alain is a borderline gary stu for some reason, which makes seeing probably Ash lose to this guy worse. Ash has gotta lose sometimes, but I just hate knowing he'll probably lose to a jerk and borderline gary stu.

I think Ash will actually take the loss quite well, considering his growth and maturity in character. I feel like Ash hasn't had as much focus on him as previous seasons, with a lot going onto Bonnie and Serena. Does anyone else feel the same?

I think Ash will actually take the loss quite well, considering his growth and maturity in character. I feel like Ash hasn't had as much focus on him as previous seasons, with a lot going onto Bonnie and Serena. Does anyone else feel the same?

Obviously the opening isn't concrete evidence, but it does suggest he won't be taking it well, there will be tears. As long as he doesn't chop off half his hair like Serena did after her first loss. (No dear you are not Britney and this is not 2007) ;)

Other than Ash winning (which won't happen), the thing I want most from this episode is to see Ash-Greninja out of its water veil.

I don't think there is going to be a Gary/Paul/Trip like rivalry between Ash and Alain. I think it's more of a protagonist versus antagonist like relationship. The two will have a difference of ideals and beliefs, but in due time will probably come to understand and respect one another.

Please tell me if there are any holes in this theory, but can the ash greninja form actually be a mega evolution form? Rayquaza was able to mega evolve without a mega stone and the message used for rayquaza's mega evolution is "<player>'s fervent wish has reached Rayquaza." What if the synchronization between ash and greninja is only in it's raw form? what if it could only be stabilized through the use of a key stone?

It's a good theory, but there aren't any half-mega evolution yet. I don't think Ash-Greninja is only half a mega evolution, but it could work. Maybe that's why it hasn't appeared outside its water veil yet. It's very interesting.

New Photo from the Episode
tYGpOaS.png

We have three new summaries of this episode, courtesy of Dephender. The summaries come from the images below.

iUvKrb3.jpg
bMG6Lsj.jpg
yvPuoNg.jpg

Here is the summary from the first image.

Having reunited with Sawyer, Ash has a battle with him. However, during the battle, Ash's Greninja once again has its form undergo a transformation. And then, the next morning, when Ash and his friends get attacked by Team Rocket, they get saved by...

Here is the summary from the second image.

Having reunited with Sawyer, Ash immediately asks for a battle with him. During the battle, Ash's Greninja once again has its form undergo a transformation. Not knowing the cause of all this, Team Rocket attack the Pokemon Center where Ash and his friends are resting.

Here is the summary from the third and final image.

As Ash and his friends reunite with Sawyer, Sawyer immediately gets challenged to a battle. But as the two start their battle, a change appears in Ash's Grenina's form. Questioning why this happens, Ash and the others visit the Pokémon Center. But the next morning, they get attacked by Team Rocket and Pikachu gets in deep trouble.

Battle with Sawyer that 'has a change in Greninja's form.' What's wrong with Greninja's form?
Then TR come in and attack, then Alain saves them, and they have a battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom