• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY106: The Strongest Mega Battle! Gekkouga VS Mega Lizardon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyone on BulbaGarden who can translate the preview? I'm really curious about it.
This is approximate so don't quote me on this...
Satoshi: Me & Shouta reunite & have a battle.
Shouta: Satoshi that was amazing! Did you and Geckouga merge just now?!
Satoshi: Eh? Merge? I don't get it...
Alan: Will you show me it once more?
Satoshi: Huh, who are you?
Alan: I'm Alan.
Satoshi: [insert usual next time spiel]

At least now the Honedge line will be able to DO something beside pop up in Showcases for a space filling non-enetity :D

*Lysandre contacts Alan via hologram*

Alan: What is thy bidding, my master?

Lysandre: There is a great disturbance in the Aura.

Alan: I have felt it.

Lysandre: We have a new enemy: Ash Ketchum. The Aura is strong with him.

Alan: Is he only a boy. But if could be turned, he would become a powerful ally

Lysandre: Can it be done?

Alan: He will join us or die.

And this is why i was telling that Lysandre will give him a Key stone and a Mega stone.....[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

I'm hoping for an even match and not the nonsense we had to put up with when it came to Paul and even worse so Trip.

EDIT: No seriously, is it so much to ask to actually have a decent rivalry where the opponents are somewhat equal/in a constant power-struggle?

It's kind of sad how Shota gets absolutely destroyed by Ash every time they battle. lol.

It will not surprise me if the battle between them will be a lot shorter than I originally thought. To give more screen time for the Charizard X vs. Satoshi Greninja battle. Not that I would be complaining or anything.....

What I'm actually anticipating more than the battle is how they'll handle the whole synchro thing. If Greninja faints what will happen to Ash? We'll just have to wait and see how the battle turns out I suppose.

Last edited:
It's kind of sad how Shota gets absolutely destroyed by Ash every time they battle. lol.

It will not surprise me if the battle between them will be a lot shorter than I originally thought. To give more screen time for the Charizard X vs. Satoshi Greninja battle. Not that I would be complaining or anything.....

What I'm actually anticipating more than the battle is how they'll handle the who synchro thing. If Greninja faints what will happen to Ash? We'll just have to wait and see how the battle turns out I suppose.

I called it long ago, Sawyer will be the one to knock Ash out of the Kalos league to show how far he's come etc. ;)

I called it long ago, Sawyer will be the one to knock Ash out of the Kalos league to show how far he's come etc. ;)
Meh, I really hope not. At most make Ash suffer to the end. I would preferably like their league battle be the final round of the League. That way Shota will show how far he's progressed as a trainer but still give Ash the much needed League Champion trophy he rightfully deserves after all this time. Either way it's kind of confirmed Ash will lose against Shota's Mega Sceptile before the league. So Shota will pull off a win against Ash eventually. Just not in the League I hope.

So basically wally 2.0 only this time he gets to beat the main character?

Reactions: !Z!

Personally, I think it's more likely that Sawyer is more of a Wally type character. Starts off as a newbie and not very strong to a character that can rival the main protagonist, showcasing how strong he has gotten but even then, he could not overcome his friendly rival despite those improvements. It makes more thematical sense that Sawyer can make himself a worthy opponent for Ash but still lose to him. Much like how Dawn is to Zoey in some ways. Dawn is a worthy opponent to Zoey by the end of the Grand Festival and both manages to make it to the final round but Zoey ends winning by one point, meaning that Dawn never got a victory over her big yet friendly rival.

Or Ash knocks him out because he is still the far more experienced trainer.

Plus, Sawyer doesn't need to win to show he's improved. He just needs to be a tough opponent and make Ash struggle.

I hope Alan start getting badges, I think he could do it in time for the league :D it would be awesome the final of the league Ash vs Alain.

Does this reming anyone of Star Wars. ("The force is strong in Ash Ketchum"... xD) This bit excites me. Has Alain always been this dark in the Japanese version? And what is with the aura? Maybe Ash could still get Lucario. Given to him from Lysandre.

Omg.. I can't wait for this... I GOTTA watch this live as soon as it airs.. I just have a few things I need to point out in this preview.

I think the device Alain has on him is a Mega evolution data collector thing? He's still trying to fulfill his promise by defeating every person with a Mega so he can fill up the "system" Lysandre mentioned so he can cure Mairin's Chespin. I think he mistook the Greninja as a Mega when he saw it in battle.

I feel like that scene where Ash and Alain are meeting up at sunset is the final part of the episode,since they are fighting at daytime, and Ash doesn't have his jacket on. Hmm, I wonder how Ash will take that Blast burn at the end....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom