• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY106: The Strongest Mega Battle! Gekkouga VS Mega Lizardon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
XY106: The Strongest Mega Battle! Gekkouga VS Mega Lizardon!
Airs: February 4

Here's a summary of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

While continuing their journey, Ash and his friends reunite with the enthusiastic boy Sawyer. Ash immediately challenges him to a battle, but as they're fighting, Ash's Greninja undergoes that mysterious transformation. However, exactly what causes Greninja to change forms like this is completely unknown...

I thought XY105 was the Bergmite episode?

The title "Strongest Mega Battle" clearly adds further confirmation that what Greninja is experiencing is akin to Mega evolution.

Am I the only person a bit disappointed that the Satoshi vs Alan fight is being squeezed into the same episode as the Shouta battle? :-( I know we kind of knew it was coming because both battles were taking place in the same arena but... sob.

Am I the only person a bit disappointed that the Satoshi vs Alan fight is being squeezed into the same episode as the Shouta battle? :-( I know we kind of knew it was coming because both battles were taking place in the same arena but... sob.
It's not like this is the only battle they'll have. It's just the start. :)

Yes it is. That would mean both battles are happening now.

I think this episode will feature some of the footage we've seen in the theme song looking at the Pocket Monsters XY & Z overview special. I'd call this Mega Evolution Special V.

I suppose this would simultaneously be XY105 and ME005 at once. Just for those who wanted a fifth part, here it is.

I can't wait to see this episode! I hope we see Ash-Greninja out of its water veil so we can properly see it.

I can't wait to see this episode! I hope we see Ash-Greninja out of its water veil so we can properly see it.

I think after it takes a decent hit, maybe falls to the floor it losing the veil. I also think the veil could have some significance, like it's not a perfect transformation/synch while the veil is there, and the veil is gone once the technique has been mastered.

We definitely know he is coming out of that veil sometime.

Hopefully we'll get more info about Greninja's transformation in this episode and also some explanation to how the damage it takes affect Ash like what'll happen when it faints in that form?Their arch will probably start this episode because there's no way Ash can beat Alan for now,and Shota is comming back and he's also shown in the OP in the moment Greninja seems to leave Ash. Looking forward for this episode

I am glad that Ash is using Ash-Greninja against Mega Charizard X and/or Mega Sceptile. This is going to be a decent episode.

a mega decent episode. Like that they use old starters and give them to rivals with a the new touch.

Has anyone else noticed that as well as all the Gen 1 and Gen 3 tie ins, Sawyer and Alain both use Ash's "signature" Pokemon from those Gens, ie Sceptile and Charizard, i think that's a nice touch as many wanted to see him with Mega Charizard or Sceptile.

Also they make a nice Grass, fire water trio.

I know Ash vs. Alain is happening here, but for some reason I can't get hyped at all. I guess I'm just losing interest in Alain.

I know Ash vs. Alain is happening here, but for some reason I can't get hyped at all. I guess I'm just losing interest in Alain.

For me its because we know Ash will likely get beat and beat bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom