• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY106: The Strongest Mega Battle! Gekkouga VS Mega Lizardon!!

(Yo Dogasu, you really gotta get that Iwane interview done so I can unendingly use it for reference and link back to it and crash your host).

Iwane Masa'aki didn't work on this episode, but he is working on the very next episode. In his place Oohashi Aito and Nishiya Yasushi did key animation for the episode. As Dogasu said, the Mega Evolution specials had more money, which means more drawings, and that means it is easier to have original fight animation in place of reusing BANK animation all the time. I imagine scheduling was also a problem, especially with so many important episodes in production at once. The inevitable rematch will probably be really good.

What makes you so sure? Akagi & J died and in the same arc no less!

I'm just responding to the fact that the anime is lighter and softer than the games. Besides, in Best Wishes, Ghetsis was arrested rather than went insane like in the games. Lysandre has a chance of getting killed, but I doubt it because of the target audience of the anime getting younger and younger by the series.

Even though Cyrus and J were killed, the fates of Mars, Jupiter and Saturn were also given a different direction than the games. They get arrested in the anime, while in the games, Saturn is left to figure out what to do with Team Galactic now that Cyrus is gone, while Mars and Jupiter abandon Team Galactic entirely (Platinum only). Adventures just has Cyrus disband Team Galactic entirely. I guess the anime's writers around the time of Diamond and Pearl would rather see villains apart from Team Rocket get arrested in the end and avoid the karma houdini like they sometimes did in the games?

At this point, Lysandre's chances of getting arrested by either Officer Jenny or Looker is at 75%. I hope he gets the game's fate in the anime, but it looks doubtful.

I'm just responding to the fact that the anime is lighter and softer than the games.
Is it?

Because the XY anime freely talks about Pokemon dying, so it clearly doesn't shy away from death (for example, they said in the Lapras episode that Lapras will die if it doesn't get proper treatment). And I don't see what's so lighthearted about an anime where a villain emotionally manipulates an innocent young man into doing his bidding and thus unknowingly helps him change the world.

Also, Lysandre's death in the games is never confirmed. The anime can pull a similar stunt, make it look ambiguous.

I have to say, in this series, with this villain, I think it is entirely plausible for Fleur-de-Lys to have a never-quite-confirmed death.

I'd prefer a death for Flare boss, but wouldn't mind him disbanding the team or getting arrested altogether. What I'd not feel pleased is an Aqua\Magma-Dan possibility... As far as I remember (I watched this two-parter too long ago) it's never stated on-screen what happened to them UNTIL Trio declares to Sakaki they both disbanded (I may be severely wrong though)
For the games the only teams I remember what really happened's Rocket and Plasma, no idea what the others' fate were xD Other than Fleur-de-Lys (even unconfirmed), another villain dies?

I really hope we've come far enough now for evil teams to never receive the same appalling treatment as Aqua/Magma...

From watching this episode, I realized that infrastructure gets smashed into every time there is a battle. How in the world are the towns people gonna fix a smashed up wall (courtesy of Ash's Greninja smashing Sawyer's Sceptile into it.)

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom