• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY107: The Explosive Ground Force! The Zygarde Capture Operation!!

He;s fighting for the villains, and he's pretty cold and ruthless like a villain.
He's also pretty caring about people he cares for.

Almost all villains think they have good intentions.
Umm no. Villains are bad guys who do things like try to take over the world and enslave humanity.

Alain is more of an anti-hero or anti-villain who wants to help someone and do a good thing but does bad things to achieve it.

And if you really think TRio went through all that, and battled so fiercely just to give Blunichan to the boss, I'm assuming you also believe Misty really did only follow Ash around for 3 regions to get her bike fixed?
The Team Rocket trio have dedicated their life to serving Giovanni and almost every stealing attempt they make is for Giovanni.

If you haven't realized this by now I have to ask what show you've been watching.

What good intentions does Alain even have? He's working for Lysande and his evil plans, though Lysandre is holding back some things.
Why does this even need to be said? Does anyone watch the actual show?

Lysandre is manipulating Alain telling him that he needs to catch Zygarde for his Mega Evolution system or whatever which will help him in saving Chespin. It is the same reason he is fighting Mega Evos at the moment, the collect data for this Mega Evolution system that Lysandre is working on.

Know where I might be able to view it subbed in the near future?

Excuse me, but you really come off as rude there. I knew Lysandre was manipulating him but the show just makes Alain come off as a villain if he's not around Marrin. He just doesn't ever question Team Flare's motives or their aggressive approach. It makes him seem a lot harsher.

He just doesn't ever question Team Flare's motives or their aggressive approach. It makes him seem a lot harsher.
When Alain appears, he already witnesses Zygarde in the middle of an attack, to him it may look like a rampaging legendary. And remember that previous experiences Alain had with legends weren't too pleasant (Primal Kyogre/Groudon) which might have contributed to his actions.

And Alain has no business questioning Flare. He's doing what Lysandre tells him, because if he does what he's told, Mairin will get the help she needs.

Alan is not the brightest crayon in the box. If he really wants to save Hari-san he could ask Platane for help.

Umm no. Villains are bad guys who do things like try to take over the world and enslave humanity.

Alain is more of an anti-hero or anti-villain who wants to help someone and do a good thing but does bad things to achieve it.

The Team Rocket trio have dedicated their life to serving Giovanni and almost every stealing attempt they make is for Giovanni.

If you haven't realized this by now I have to ask what show you've been watching.

Why does this even need to be said? Does anyone watch the actual show?

Lysandre is manipulating Alain telling him that he needs to catch Zygarde for his Mega Evolution system or whatever which will help him in saving Chespin. It is the same reason he is fighting Mega Evos at the moment, the collect data for this Mega Evolution system that Lysandre is working on.

First off why do you always need to be so rude?

Very few people define themselves as a villain, it may seem obvious to us (well perhaps not you) but to them most of them think what they are doing is right. Maxie and Archie for example genuinely did think things would be better after their plan.

No the team rocket trio have dedicated their lives to following ash and pikachu, and during this there have been countless times when they have been shown to be actually good guys, and really decent people. The only period when they werent, was early BW, and thankfully that didnt last long.

I think if you're having to be rude and making broad comments like "does anyone watch the show" I think you need to look internally and re-evaluate if what you are seeing is what the rest of the group is seeing.

Team Rocket like to think they are bad, and of course they will pass off any excuse, but deep down they have big hearts and thats been shown countless times.

I think you really need to check the definitions of villain and anti-hero.

Villains are just antagonistic forces, they aren't necessary cruel, mustache twirling villains. If they were like that then why many people like and sympathize with villains?

Honestly there is nothing much to sympathize with Alan. Nothing bad happens TO HIM, he doesn't have self doubts, his Charizard is not a problem,etc. People like to say how a big fuck up he is but, so what? He hasn't faced the consequences yet. His only source of angst is Manon but only that and it doesn't justify his actions. He should know bullying a Pokemon like he did is wrong.

Team Rocket have tragic backstories, almost never win and and when they are good, they do more than Alan has ever done. They were the real anti heroes this episode and Alan was the villain.

Very few people define themselves as a villain, it may seem obvious to us (well perhaps not you) but to them most of them think what they are doing is right. Maxie and Archie for example genuinely did think things would be better after their plan.

No the team rocket trio have dedicated their lives to following ash and pikachu, and during this there have been countless times when they have been shown to be actually good guys, and really decent people. The only period when they werent, was early BW, and thankfully that didnt last long.

I think if you're having to be rude and making broad comments like "does anyone watch the show" I think you need to look internally and re-evaluate if what you are seeing is what the rest of the group is seeing.

Team Rocket like to think they are bad, and of course they will pass off any excuse, but deep down they have big hearts and thats been shown countless times.
Team Rocket wants to get Pikachu for Giovanni, that's been their motivation from the very beginning. They do not follow Ash and co around because they have good intentions, fyi.

Also please refrain from calling me rude, the last person i want to hear that from is someone who openly mocked another user in Generation VI future thread.

I think you really need to check the definitions of villain and anti-hero.

Villains are just antagonistic forces, they aren't necessary cruel, mustache twirling villains. If they were like that then why many people like and sympathize with villains?

Honestly there is nothing much to sympathize with Alan. Nothing bad happens TO HIM, he doesn't have self doubts, his Charizard is not a problem,etc. People like to say how a big fuck up he is but, so what? He hasn't faced the consequences yet. His only source of angst is Manon but only that and it doesn't justify his actions. He should know bullying a Pokemon like he did is wrong.

Team Rocket have tragic backstories, almost never win and and when they are good, they do more than Alan has ever done. They were the real anti heroes this episode and Alan was the villain.
He's already facing the consequences. His blind devotion to Lysandre has split him from Sycamore as well as Mairin. And now he's inadvertedly helping Lysandre achieve his goal while trying to make up for his past mistake (Chespin getting hurt is essentially his fault since Alain being a jerk to Mairin started the whole chain of events).

Last edited:
Team Rocket wants to get Pikachu for Giovanni, that's been their motivation from the very beginning. They do not follow Ash and co around because they have good intentions, fyi.

Also please refrain from calling me rude, the last person i want to hear that from is someone who openly mocked another user in Generation VI future thread.

He's already facing the consequences. His blind devotion to Lysandre has split him from Sycamore as well as Mairin. And now he's inadvertedly helping Lysandre achieve his goal while trying to make up for his past mistake (Chespin getting hurt is essentially his fault since Alain being a jerk to Mairin started the whole chain of events).

If they were just cold villains they would have gone off Pikachu and Ash ages ago. They don't have any real drive or ambition to commit evil, they are effectively on their own adventure as it were, especially with Jessie in Contests and Showcases.

And I shall continue calling you rude when you are rude, it is not just me you are rude to you've been rude to countless users. You're the one who randomly appeared on a thread and just denounced the whole fandom as spoilt whiners. Just above here, you were mocking everyone else on this thread as watching a different show simply for disagreeing with you. Some of my most popular posts are ones where I point out your rudeness and ask you to stop, so I think public opinion is on my side. And you're right I made one post once mocking the only user who gives you a run for your money in terms of rudeness, who was mocking towards others calling them sheep and saying he would enjoy making them eat their hats, and my post back at him got huge amounts of likes into double digits. #NotSorry

Why not try making your points without feeling the need to throw in attacks? It'd make the environment much more positive for everyone. Why do you feel the need to chop off people's heads just for not sharing your views? We're all Pokemon fans, we all have that in common, you don't need to treat us like enemies simply for having the audacity of disagreeing with you.

Last edited:
Another Sakaki appearance! I love to see this guy everytime he shows up (that's why I'm stil a little tolerant towards BW nowadays)
Really hope he gets more appearances down the road, maybe even helping in Plasma-dan's eventual defeat? Who knows...

And this trio song's a fresh air after the previous one... So glad they changed it.

This was a great episode! Some things to think about here:
*When Musashi and Kojiro return Pumpjin and Maiika back to their balls, respectively, they are later seen when Z-2 uses Land's Wrath on them.
*Serena and Citron only have about 1-2 lines throughout the entire episode. Mother of Arceus, this really was a hell of a TR episode.
*This episode beats the record for least amount of screentime in an episode for the XY gang and Satoshi, outside of specials.
*Team Rocket's Team Song was actually decent, my only problem is that there's hardly any animation outside of composed clips. Also, Sonansu, Pumpjin, and Maiika take over! :D

PROS:
*First TR focused episode of Season 19.
*Satoshi and co. don't distract the episode from the main plot.
*Team Rocket actually manage to hold, but could've won if they put Sonansu to full potential.
*Hooray for TR Ending! Too bad it will be replaced by Puni-Chan's song. :cry:
*Team Rocket Title Card!

CONS:
*Even after they protected Z-2, it hurts poor Team Rocket. Gosh, even more of a scrub then Puni-Chan...
*Team Rocket blast off.
*Nyarth doesn't participate throughout the entire battle. Three vs. Five ain't fair. :unsure:

OVERALL SCORE: 9/10 - Needs more water :ROFLMAO:

This was a great episode! Some things to think about here:
*When Musashi and Kojiro return Pumpjin and Maiika back to their balls, respectively, they are later seen when Z-2 uses Land's Wrath on them.
*Serena and Citron only have about 1-2 lines throughout the entire episode. Mother of Arceus, this really was a hell of a TR episode.
*This episode beats the record for least amount of screentime in an episode for the XY gang and Satoshi, outside of specials.
*Team Rocket's Team Song was actually decent, my only problem is that there's hardly any animation outside of composed clips. Also, Sonansu, Pumpjin, and Maiika take over! :D

PROS:
*First TR focused episode of Season 19.
*Satoshi and co. don't distract the episode from the main plot.
*Team Rocket actually manage to hold, but could've won if they put Sonansu to full potential.
*Hooray for TR Ending! Too bad it will be replaced by Puni-Chan's song. :cry:
*Team Rocket Title Card!

CONS:
*Even after they protected Z-2, it hurts poor Team Rocket. Gosh, even more of a scrub then Puni-Chan...
*Team Rocket blast off.
*Nyarth doesn't participate throughout the entire battle. Three vs. Five ain't fair. :unsure:

OVERALL SCORE: 9/10 - Needs more water :ROFLMAO:

Damn, must have missed TRio getting hit by Land's Wrath, was it clear that Blunichan meant to hit them or were they just collateral?

And I predicted the twerps would be limited to cameos and thank god it came true, I really liked how TRio shone in this episode and got to show their big hearts and their love of Pokemon.

Because they were trying to capture it and it did not want to be caught. By either villainous team.
Fair point, but if so, why didn't Z-2 bother leaving them beforehand?
Now that I think of it, Z-2 never directly attacked Team Rocket, so I'm hoping this will have some foreshadowing to make for Team Rocket's fifth Pokemon.

I'm on the fence about whether Alan is a real villain yet, I want to at least see this episode translated before I make a call. Lysandre has him very well suckered from what we've seen so far, I think it's likely he convinced him that Zygarde is dangerous and needed to be captured. He's on the road to villaindom, dunno if he's quite there yet.

This episode is incredible. I think I'll watch it again and write my impressions, I haven't done that in a while.

I'm on the fence about whether Alan is a real villain yet, I want to at least see this episode translated before I make a call. Lysandre has him very well suckered from what we've seen so far, I think it's likely he convinced him that Zygarde is dangerous and needed to be captured. He's on the road to villaindom, dunno if he's quite there yet.

This episode is incredible. I think I'll watch it again and write my impressions, I haven't done that in a while.
It's not like Alain knows he's actually helping a bad guy who wants to change the world. He can be a villain in the eyes of Ash and companions since he's helping Lysandre, but we, the viewers, should know better given the various episodes/acts we were shown depicting Alain's circumstances.

We have "insider" info which should make it clearer to us that Alain is not a bad person. I mean he saved Ash's Pikachu just the ep before from TR and genuinely seemed nice to Ash.

I think people are missing the point here, it's not that Alan is *truly* evil or a villain, it's because of LYSANDRE and HIS INFLUENCE which is what made him the person he was today.

Go watch the flashback in XY068 you will see that Alan was nothing like he is now, proving that he IS in fact a good person but Lysandre's influence is what turned him into a pretty cold-hearted person(mostly).

I don't understand Japanese (makes watching and guessing so much fun) but did TRio say anything that would lead Blunichan to believe they had ulterior motives. We've seen TRio are truly good people in past episodes, and Olympia predicted they would have a big role to play. I personally think the orders from Giovanni were the excuse, similar to Misty following Ash around for 2 years (well a really long period of time in which they had 2 annual leagues) because she wanted her bike fixed, nothing to do with her feelings for Ash at all. ;)

They went above and beyond trying to protect it, you could see James constantly cradling it in his arms similar to Bonnie, this wasn't a simple "gotcha now we're giving you to the boss"

First of all, even if they are good guys in this particular episode it doesn't mean Bluni-chan should trust them, not after what they said infront of him. As simple as that. It doesn't matter why, deep in their heart they do that, all it does matter is what Bluni-chan hear. His perception might be wrong, but TRio condemned themselves and only has themselves to blame. Bluni-chan will never trust them.

And I am the first one to voice out my opinion on TRio on this forum. I will never forget this is the same TRio that attack not just for a knockout, but to severely injure Goodra, as Goodra had to stay in bed for a long time to recover unlike Pikachu still can stay at sidelines after battles. I would even suggest such attack might have killed Goodra if he wasn't that strong.

And the same TRio who dropped Bonnie to plunge to death. The same TRio that caused a power down in a whole city and the Anime even show that a hospital completely blacked out, this is a terrorist attack, no excuse. We don't even know if anyone died because of it.

My point is, why Bluni-chan should believe they are true in protecting him after hearing what they said? I don't even believe they are still good anymore.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom