• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY107: The Explosive Ground Force! The Zygarde Capture Operation!!

I'm so happy because I got my favourite avatar of the TRio in this - nuts & totally loveable!
Nothing else matters!

So proud of TRio after this, they really gave it there all until they were unfairly blasting off again.

Alain is a bully. Straight up. I've never liked him at the best of times, but now he's actually ganging up on this poor creature, teaming up with thugs who don't even allow a fair fight, all attacking it at once, and with man made laser gun things.

Poor Blunichan looked so scared, I hope he gets his rescued soon and gets his revenge on Team Flare and Alain. Also I hope he saw TRio and what they did to proect him as evidence that Punichan was right, and some humans can be trusted. I mean he was attacked by Pokemon and humans, and defended by Pokemon and humans, so he can't continue with this view that Pokemon are ok, but humans are terrible.

Also I hope he saw TRio and what they did to proect him as evidence that Punichan was right, and some humans can be trusted. I mean he was attacked by Pokemon and humans, and defended by Pokemon and humans, so he can't continue with this view that Pokemon are ok, but humans are terrible.
Tbf if it understands the human language then would also know that the TRio were not exactly protecting it for noble reasons :p

Tbf if it understands the human language then would also know that the TRio were not exactly protecting it for noble reasons :p

I don't understand Japanese (makes watching and guessing so much fun) but did TRio say anything that would lead Blunichan to believe they had ulterior motives. We've seen TRio are truly good people in past episodes, and Olympia predicted they would have a big role to play. I personally think the orders from Giovanni were the excuse, similar to Misty following Ash around for 2 years (well a really long period of time in which they had 2 annual leagues) because she wanted her bike fixed, nothing to do with her feelings for Ash at all. ;)

They went above and beyond trying to protect it, you could see James constantly cradling it in his arms similar to Bonnie, this wasn't a simple "gotcha now we're giving you to the boss"

I don't understand Japanese (makes watching and guessing so much fun) but did TRio say anything that would lead Blunichan to believe they had ulterior motives.
Well they did say a few times (& within Bluni-chan's hearing) that they would get it and that it belonged to the Rocket Dan and we know Bluni-chan's already a suspicious lil' fella so it might have taken them at face value. But hell, you're right! Their speech and their actions were not well matched, and we know the TRio are the characters with the most depth and blah blah blah. Basically they're great and I have nothing more to add.

Ok actually I do have something more to add.
What was really interesting was the contrast between the TRio and Alan.

The TRio are members of an evil team but their actions in this episode showed how caring they really are as individuals. Yes, they said they'd capture Bluni-chan for the sake of Sakaki but did you see how het up they got whenever the thing was in jeopardy, and how lovingly Kojiro babied it?

On the other hand you have Alan who is a hero in name but man he didn't even flinch when his 1-on-1 battle with Zygarde ended with Momiji and Akebi shooting the snake with lasers and putting it in a box when it was defeated! He has so-called good intentions but the guy has a heart of stone.

Poor Blunichan looked so scared, I hope he gets his rescued soon and gets his revenge on Team Flare and Alain. Also I hope he saw TRio and what they did to proect him as evidence that Punichan was right, and some humans can be trusted. I mean he was attacked by Pokemon and humans, and defended by Pokemon and humans, so he can't continue with this view that Pokemon are ok, but humans are terrible.
I like how you condemn Alain for doing bad things for a good reason but instantly forgive TR despite all the mess they caused in the past simply because they work for a bad guy.

Not to mention the fact that Team Rocket are perfectly aware of their actions and the reasons behind them whereas Alain is manipulated, thinking Lysandre only has good intentions and that he genuinely needs Zygarde to help Mairin.

It's almost as if you take Alain for a villain and Team Rocket for the good guys in the story when in reality things aren't quite so black and white.

Charizard should have KO'd or at least knocked down zygarde before TF caught it. The ep just made it look like a punching bag.

I was dreading this episode because I know it'd make me mad. I HATEEE that jerk Alain, I hate him.
Too bad TR blasted off in the end. They put up a good fight but it was an unfair fight, since they were facing a gang of thugs with laser weapons.
And now poor Blunichan is in Lysandre's paws. How will they rescue it? (stay tuned :sneaky:)

Last edited:
Could someone tell me please what did Giovanni and TR said to each other at the beginning? And what about at the end? Was there any hint at Giovanni coming to Kalos? Or did he just tell them to keep doing their best?

Loved the episode. Let's hope JJM do much more in the following episodes.

The scene where Wobbuffet jumps out of nowhere to counter Team Flare's attacks was awesome. He wasn't even commanded to do so, and he hadn't appear in the episode before that either, so it was truly surprising. Team Rocket is awesome altogether, to be honest.

It's almost as if you take Alain for a villain and Team Rocket for the good guys in the story when in reality things aren't quite so black and white.

Um yes, didn't think this would be a point of contention? Have you seen the ep, it's pretty Crystal clear who are the good guys in this and the bad guys in this.

Alain is a bully straight up, doesn't even show the slightest bit of remorse, or doubt about all ganging up on a defenceless creature and having people fire lasers at it then trap it in a cage.

I was hoping he'd at least show the slightest bit of compassion or concern, such as telling the others to stay out of it, instead he was perfectly fine with it. As for Mairin, as annoying and painful as she is/was (made us re-evaluate our opinion on Bonnie considerably) she didn't deserve to be treated that way Alain treated her, he was a jerk to her too.

Um yes, didn't think this would be a point of contention? Have you seen the ep, it's pretty Crystal clear who are the good guys in this and the bad guys in this.
Yes, the guys who want to get the Blue Core for their villain boss are the good guys and the guy who wants to get the Blue Core to help his friend and save Chespin is the bad guy. Got it.

Alain is a bully straight up, doesn't even show the slightest bit of remorse, or doubt about all ganging up on a defenceless creature and having people fire lasers at it then trap it in a cage.
Team Rocket are so much better, they never harmed anyone's Pokemon or trapped them in a cage....oh wait.

I was hoping he'd at least show the slightest bit of compassion or concern, such as telling the others to stay out of it, instead he was perfectly fine with it.
He's doing what he has to do. He has decent intentions, TR do not.

As for Mairin, as annoying and painful as she is/was (made us re-evaluate our opinion on Bonnie considerably) she didn't deserve to be treated that way Alain treated her, he was a jerk to her too.
I'm not saying Alain didn't make mistakes, he has made one wrong decision after another, but he's not a villain.

I like this episode because it barely had the Ash, Clemont, Bonnie and Serena and focused more on Team Rocket and Team Flare just like in Meowth, Colress and Team Rivalry (BW119). They used the new ending song before the song had fully aired for the first time. Has that ever happened before? I wonder how the English dub will avoid using Puni-chan's Song during the small amount of time Ash and his companions appeared in the episode when I recognised that Bonnie was singing the song to Puni-chan. It might be the only time when the English dub will translate the song.

No one had mentioned this, but at the end where Puni-chan was trying to call the blue core, but isn't getting a response from it and became sad. Bonnie noticed it and became a little bit concerned about it, then she, Ash, Clemont, and Serena start to wonder what that was about and what's going on. Looks like they will find out what happened in the future.

Yes, the guys who want to get the Blue Core for their villain boss are the good guys and the guy who wants to get the Blue Core to help his friend and save Chespin is the bad guy. Got it.

Team Rocket are so much better, they never harmed anyone's Pokemon or trapped them in a cage....oh wait.

He's doing what he has to do. He has decent intentions, TR do not.

I'm not saying Alain didn't make mistakes, he has made one wrong decision after another, but he's not a villain.

He;s fighting for the villains, and he's pretty cold and ruthless like a villain. Almost all villains think they have good intentions.

And if you really think TRio went through all that, and battled so fiercely just to give Blunichan to the boss, I'm assuming you also believe Misty really did only follow Ash around for 3 regions to get her bike fixed?

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom